- If you have been on YPSH for a time, you know I have had the pleasure of interviewing many of Home's developers. This time around, it's a bit special. This time, I get to chat with two friends. Both of whom I've had the pleasure of associating with through PS Home and now they are announcing something very special.
YPSH : Today I am especially happy to welcome back an old friend, Peter de Jong, CEO of Codeglue and an even older friend from PS Home and a YPSH member, Dani (Danikaa-G). Welcome to you both!
Dani : Thank you Karen
Peter : Thanks Karen
YPSH : So let's start off by announcing the first part of the big news. Dani has launched a new business venture. Tell us what it is Dani.... ...Read More
- Paul Mithra, Lead Designer at Mass Media, talks to YPSH about Midway 3 and announces a huge new game for Home with REAL prizes!YPSH : Thanks Paul for taking some time out of your schedule to talk with us here at YourPSHome today! You first got exposed to games at FunHouse, a production group at Philips... tell us about that.
Paul : FunHouse was a crazy group of misfits that created some gorgeous games for the cd-i system, led by game designer extraordinaire Cliff Johnson.
Paul Mithra (in the second-to-last row on the left, behind the blue M hat) with the gang from Funhouse.
YPSH : Then... ...Read More
- YPSH : Dropping by today is Paul Gold, Supervising Producer for Digital Leisure, a privately held developer responsible for The Casino in PS Home. Welcome to YourPSHome Paul.
PG : It's great to be here.
YPSH : First, congrats on getting the Casino published in PS Home recently. I'm sure we have lots to talk about there, but before we get into that, let's give our readers a little background on you and Digital Leisure. I think for most PS Home users, The Casino is their first introduction to the work of Digital Leisure. I think they would be surprised to know that Digital Leisure has been around now for over 14 years?
PG : Thanks! The Casino has been development for some time, so it's great to finally see it live, and everyone having a good time playing at the tables... ...Read More
- Recently, we caught up with Jeff Posey, Founder and President of Hellfire Games to ask him how things went for Novus Prime's first year and its latest expansion, Vindication.YPSH : Hi Jeff! Good to see you back here at YourPlaystationHome! Congratulations on your first year with Novus Prime! It’s been a year now (December 2nd, 2010) since Hellfire Games brought us Novus Prime in PS Home. Let's start by looking back at how things went for Hellfire Games in this first year. What would you say was your proudest accomplishment since the introduction of Novus Prime?
JP : Thanks for having me! I would say our proudest accomplishments are the multiplayer matchmaking... ...Read More
- YPSH : As you know, Juggernaut Games, PlayStation Home's newest developer, has joined our developers here with their own forum. So I am pleased to welcome George Cochrane, Chief Creative Officer and Alec Carper, Chief Technology Officer from Juggernaut Games to YPSH. Thanks for taking the time to be with us today.
JG [George & Alec] : Hi!
YPSH : Let's start with your backgrounds. George, you attended the Art Institute of California. Is that where you first got interested in getting into the gaming industry?
JG [George] : AI:SD is where I got serious about the industry. I'd always wanted to be involved in video games: I wrote text-based games on our sweet Apple IIE when I was younger and modded shareware RPGs in high school. After serving in the Army, I took the first real step toward my goal by earning a Bachelors of Science in Game Art & Design at AI.
YPSH : You worked for Qualcomm as a Graphic Design Intern. Tell us... ...Read More
- We recently had the opportunity to chat with one of Home's best developers... LOOT! read what they have in store for us "soon" and more. You'll like what you read! Don't forget to give us your feedback via the comments at the end of the article.YPSH : LOOT is a developer that is part of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Tell us how and when LOOT got started.
LOOT : We were originally formed as a group within Sony PicturesEntertainment in 2008. Since January 2010 we’ve been part of SONY DADC New Media Services division focusing on providing new and exciting B2B and B2C digital entertainment experiences to audiences... ...Read More
Page 26 of 27