Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Playstation Network And Qriocity Services To Be Available This Week

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, May 1, 2011.

1. we3jesters

we3jesters Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Like I said some pages back... the great hurry up and wait. That's what I am calling it anyhow...lol.

edit to add: okay it may have been another thread that I called it that.

2. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Its already saturday dawn here.
    No PSN yet...

I know a lot of ppl are trading PS3 over xbox360 because of this, I just don't do that because I love PS Home and PS3 exclusives.

3. Fiend009

Fiend009 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I shall never get a xbox360. I don't like there controllers and you have to pay to play online, unlike ps3 where it is free. XD

4. Azura10-Japan

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    "SOME PLAYSTATION NETWORK AND QRIOCITY SERVICES TO BE AVAILABLE THIS WEEK "
    This week ends at day end today !! ,earlier if you live in Japan ,Australia etc... ,and without any further update from Slowny ,I would expect that part of psn must be on later today ,but I am guessing it won't , thank you for your patience ,umm I have had no choice in the matter :(
    I have experienced bad customer service before :wallbash: but Sony win hands down on all accounts, and I must say congratulations :cheers:for getting in the record books for the longest outage ever ,well done :clapping::

5. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    They updated the blog this morning Roz, basically they are in final testing but its taking longer than planned and all that, my guess would be mid to end of next week now.

6. Azura10-Japan

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    oh ok ,I will let them off for the lack of updates part then ,ty for the update Carla :)

7. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    For them that might not have seen it.

8. JPConway

JPConway Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Don't know if this makes any difference or not - but tried to sign in on the PS blog this morning - and instead of the "maintenance" message - I got this instead:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /external/index.vm on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache Server at store.playstation.com Port 443

:confused1:

JPConway

9. JPConway

JPConway Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    DC Universe

Found this on my facebook page for DCUO - looks like the weekend is "out" for restarting of PSN and SOE

We wanted to let you know that our games will not be up this weekend. We are working around the clock to get our services back up and running soon. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

JPConway

10. drake21734

drake21734 Administrator

Ratings:
    +45 /11
    Free Realms won't die but this is looking to be a huge blow for DCUO. Considering it's had broken features since beta that still aren't fixed on the PS3 side. I'm betting close to half the population will be gone.

11. JPConway

JPConway Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    at least on the PS3 side - lol. The PC users have only had a few days worth of downtime - they are not as upset as we are.

Wonder what they will be doing for us PS3 players? If anything???

JPConway

12. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    In Japan 07 May 2011 "PlayStation Network" / "Qriocity" schedule for resumption of service

"PlayStation Network" and "Qriocity" about, and apologize for any inconvenience.
    As you know in the press release dated January 5, regarding the resumption of service on the future safety of the customers in each region will be implemented in stages. Currently, in addition to monitoring capabilities necessary to achieve a higher level of security, we take the time to strengthen data protection and encryption.
    With regard to schedule service restart as soon as they are in Japan, including through this website so that we know, are urged to read everyone of our customers and partners are now your patience, thank you again for your understanding and cooperation .

�gPlayStation Network�h�áŠQ‚ÉŠÖ‚·‚é�Å�V�î•ñ | ƒvƒŒƒCƒXƒe�[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“® ƒIƒtƒBƒVƒƒƒ‹ƒTƒCƒg :innocent:

NOTE: Please do not read anything into this badly translated JP PSN post. This is just for your entertainment. :p

13. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  14. drake21734

drake21734 Administrator

Ratings:
    +45 /11
    If not you'll see Kaz doing some more bowing.

15. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    Lol, that just leads to the link you just posted above which was posted on the 7th, I can see though where he'd get confused by translation... :p

16. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Sorry for the confusion. That was a quote from the poster that I linked to and it is possible that the poster speaks/reads Japanese? IDK? My only purpose here today is to stir the pot. ;D So it seems. :(

EDIT: D'oh. Poster doesn't know what it says. After reading a couple of Japanese sites when I Googled "2011年5月7日 日本国内での“PlayStation Network”/“Qriocity”のサービス再開スケジュールについて", the word used most often in their comments is the word "vague". :p

17. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    translates as soon or shortly

18. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Well, now its almost 5 pm, and since here in Brazil the timeline is 12 hours exactly before Japan, then in Japan its now almost 5 am, which means this week is the one thah starts in may 8th through may 14th already in Japan and that leads to Sony beeing a japanese enterprise.

So Sony lied to us all already.

19. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Sony did not lie to anybody. They set a tentative target date (like everybody keeps asking of them) but they were not able to meet it. All the more reason to quit asking for them to speculate on a return date.

20. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I would like to see them make estimates for a return date. Even if they can't make it, it gives us an idea of what's going on inside there.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted