Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Playstation Network And Qriocity Services To Be Available This Week

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, May 1, 2011.

1. RedMoonSheWolf

RedMoonSheWolf *Dream_Big_Think_Bigger*

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    just had to say that -_-

2. drake21734

drake21734 Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +45 /11
    Remember that time all your peanut butter disappeared? Sorry that was Sony too. LOL :detective:

3. GOODY_2_SHOES_23

GOODY_2_SHOES_23 Playstation Home Junkie

Ratings:
    +1 /0

4. Fiend009

Fiend009 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Quote fail.

5. Heavyn

Heavyn ~The big and the bad~
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +33 /4
    O_O, Looks like I have some apologizing to do.

6. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I'm not surprised.

Basically congressional hearings are political theater. Congressmen get a public relations boost for elections as the yell at someone. Sony would suffer a public lynching on national tv. Then their words would be used against them in a court of law and in any lawsuits.

7. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Hopefully, they don't prevent Sony from injecting their servers with steroids. At this point, a shot of the juice might help.

8. GOODY_2_SHOES_23

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    That was originally posted by Trillian, quote failed, but to me when I saw that the only thing I thought was"Longer delay of PSN"

9. Azura10-Japan

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    bit like being on Judge Jury then hehe?

10. metaldruid12

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    or Judge Judy?

11. Azura10-Japan

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yeh ,thats the one doh me !!

12. drake21734

drake21734 Administrator

Ratings:
    +45 /11
    Or the really crazy Judge that has the baseball bat on his bench.

13. v_Trillian_v

v_Trillian_v Fun Lover

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    FYI

Sony hires firms to clean up after breach.

(Reuters) - Sony has hired outside investigators to help clean its networks and catch the people behind a massive breach that exposed the personal data of more than 100 million video game users.

The Japanese electronics giant has retained a team from privately held Data Forte that is led by a former special agent with the U.S. Naval Criminal Investigative Service to work alongside the FBI agents, who are also probing the matter.

Sony said on Tuesday that it has also brought on cyber-security detectives from Guidance Software and consultants from Robert Half International Inc's subsidiary Protiviti to help with the clean-up.

Officials with Sony and the three firms did not respond to requests for information about the investigation. Agents with the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation have said little about the matter, except that they are looking into the breach of data, which might include some credit card numbers.

Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal, in a letter to Sony on Tuesday, asked the company to clarify the number of compromised credit card accounts and requested a detailed timeline outlining what the company knew about what was stolen and when it was known.

Blumenthal said he would ask U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate the matter and check whether Sony's subsequent handling of the breach would make it civilly or criminally liable.

"I would appreciate a direct and public answer detailing what the company will do in the future to protect its consumers against breaches of their personal and financial information," Blumenthal wrote.

"It's a significant operation," said David Baker, vice president of services with electronic security firm IOActive, which is not involved in the investigation.

He said that card issuers Mastercard and Visa Inc had likely appointed a firm to investigate.
    Sony also said that it hired the law firm Baker & McKenzie to help it with the investigation.

On Monday, Sony said its PC games network had also been exposed to hackers, in an
    incident related to the massive break-in of its separate PlayStation video game network that led to the theft of data from 77 million user accounts. Sony revealed that attack last week.

The PlayStation network lets video game console owners download games and play against friends. The Sony Online Entertainment network, the victim of the latest break-in, hosts games such as "EverQuest" and "Free Realms," which are played over the Internet.

Sony said late on Monday that the names, addresses, emails, birth dates, phone numbers and other information from 24.6 million PC games accounts may have been stolen from its servers as well as an "outdated database" from 2007.

A Toronto law firm on Tuesday launched a C$1 billion ($1.05 billion) proposed class-action suit against Sony for breach of privacy, naming a 21-year-old PlayStation user from Mississauga, Ontario, as lead plaintiff. The damages would cover the cost of credit monitoring services and fraud insurance for two years, the firm, McPhadden Samac Tuovi LLP, said in a statement.

(Additional reporting by Frank McGurty in Toronto and Siddharth Cavale in Bangalore; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)

14. GOODY_2_SHOES_23

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Wow, here comes another delay....:down:

15. ZeroRyoko

ZeroRyoko Bad Sailor Girl

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I am really trying to stay positive about this whole thing. I really need a laugh to cheer me up on this, I really miss being on pshome. I can only hope any additional delay helps them get the system where it needs to be to prevent this from happening again.

I did make the mistake however of watching Happy Gilmore today....."Why you don't you just go HOME? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your HOME?".....that scene didn't help. :sadwalk:

16. we3jesters

we3jesters Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Zero, maybe some of these vids will help cheer you up: Funniest Music Videos, page 3
    It's one of the threads Ive made on there, for funny music videos. Many are NSFW, just so you know. Hope you enjoy em!

17. ZeroRyoko

ZeroRyoko Bad Sailor Girl

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thanks we3jesters some of those were pretty funny.

18. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Update on SCEE’s Identity Theft Protection Offering and Welcome Back deal.

19. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    This week is almost at the end.
    First the service was expected to be available last wednesday, now it is supposed to be available "soon"
    Whats the problem with Sony about giving a correct date ?
    Today is already friday, 2 days after the PSN would go live at the first place.
    Now i think it will not be available until next monday.
    Theres no way i can comply with Sony's answers now.

20. RedMoonSheWolf

RedMoonSheWolf *Dream_Big_Think_Bigger*

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    THE PSN COUNTDOWN, failed miserably :(

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted