Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[ Sodium 2 Upgrades ]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TJMVoyager, Jun 22, 2011.

1. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    hehehe keep on improving, now 53.548 ^^

2. TJMVoyager

TJMVoyager Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I noticed Dan is using the Titan engine, however, I see hes got 3 flames coming out of the back, while I only have 2, I am wondering if hes using a different afterburner?

3. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Mine is the sodium credits Titan engine I'm guessing you are using the one that you buy with real cash. They look different but have the same stats.

4. TJMVoyager

TJMVoyager Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oh ok cool, ya I wondered, lol, so your using the Titan with Afterburner 5 start, the basic air breaks. Man you are so smooth on those turns, it's not even funny. You have total control of the track turning. My problem is, I seem to over correct, and either wiggle or slam into the wall.

5. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I have basically all the best upgrades that you can get and the standard brakes. Titan or Thor engines it's just a matter of preference. Smooth is key and it's very hard to keep the damn ship straight so you don't loose speed.

6. TJMVoyager

TJMVoyager Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yes I agree, very hard to keep straight, lol, i'll keep trying. :)

7. Aiken_Drum

Aiken_Drum Fish Act Explosion

Ratings:
    +3 /2
    Yeah, it's like your air brakes come on if the middle of your vehicle crosses the green line.

I think this is super non-intuitive for them to have done, but once I figured it out, at least it was nice to have another way to improve.

8. Aiken_Drum

Aiken_Drum Fish Act Explosion

Ratings:
    +3 /2
    By the way... how many upgrades come after level 20? I'm wondering if grinding has any further rewards or if it's just the DDR space all over again.

9. skittlesgp

skittlesgp Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Does anyone know the different "Awards" that can obtained on the tracks or know where I can find them?

I have seen the following thus far:

- Completed Race
    - Rocket Finish (Crossing the finish line with Boosters aflame)
    - No Airbrakes Used
    - Ballistic Style Finish (Finish with Boosters aflame & No Airbrakes used)
    - Stayed Supersonic (Anyone know exactly how this one works? Just hit 800MPH or so and keep it?)
    - Honing Your Skills (I have NO clue how I got this; Anyone?)
    - New Personal/Friends Speed Record (Beat the Previous Speed Record)
    - New Personal/Friends Best (Beat the previous "Best Time" for a course)

10. Ultra

Ultra Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I put together a list of bonuses I was able to get here, not comprehensive but I think I got most of them.

11. DeafJerzy201

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hey DanMW... Do you mind if you post your video showing your time trial on youtube? I don't really want to add someone. I would like to see video, please.

12. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I have no way to capture video so, no I can't.

13. skittlesgp

skittlesgp Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Awesome, thanks!

14. DeafJerzy201

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  15. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I feel like I've done a million races myself. It gets pretty difficult to improve those times when you get into the 52 second range. I'm only 3/10 of a second behind Dan on the Industrial track but I'm sure he'll be below 52 seconds before I ever reach his current time.

Congrats on your new found fame, Dan the Man :toot:

16. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    O_O I'm famous \o/ it get's very hard I don't have the strength to try and do any better at the moment, if you want to be in the top 10 the 2nd track is probably a better choice as I don't think that many people play that one. And I'm just Dan, plain and simple, thanks :p

17. v_Trillian_v

v_Trillian_v Fun Lover

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Congrats Dan! :smile: Wow! You've raced 2 million times! :shocking: No wonder your time is so much better. :hehe: jk

18. DeafJerzy201

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    How onionNEMESIS has under 49 seconds on Industrial Sector leaderboard? Also under 50 seconds?! Tell me if thats glitch or just update from today, if that so. Whats new on Sodium 2? On PSHome phone, the latest update doesnt say about Sodium 2. I have no clue. :ermm:

19. v_Trillian_v

v_Trillian_v Fun Lover

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    After todays update, the racing times of a fair number of players at S2 have suddenly greatly improved it seems. Not exactly sure why. Perfect racing weather? :unsure:

I just saw that Orion person in S2 hovering around the board. Sorry to say but he either doesn't speak English as a first language or, from what I experienced, just can't make a coherent sentence. I'm not sure. One of his friends seemed to be speaking Italian, maybe Spanish. Never saw her name on the either leader board until today, now she's doing really good too.

It's hard to say if something iffy is going on. A friend I know and trust, Hinoon, was able to blow by me with a 51.8X today, about a half second faster than previously. They did a great run and only just switched to the Thor engine after they saw me using it.

I've only been able to get a 52.252 with the Thor so far. Didn't have a chance to test it out again today, but, I'm wondering if that one extra bar more for speed on the Thor wasn't really working before, but suddenly is now? I had switched back to the Titan because I felt it turned better in the end, so I haven't been using the Thor for some days and have been too busy wandering around today to race more than a handful of attempts (just to quickly check it out).

Just speculating here of course.

This all was brought to my attention by another friend, who said that there was a sudden increase in good times, many people under 52 seconds on this day. And then of course the 49 by this Onion player.

From speculating to sheer rumormongering :eek:hmy:, one friend had heard that there might have been some extra stuff in the Garage area for a short time. What exactly? They couldn't say. Were there special boosters for a brief period? Dunno. Could you momentarily pay a quid to subtract a hundredth of a second and do that multiple times? Truly unbelievable, and yet I wouldn't put it past them lol. Well, that's a bit unfair. :biglaugh2: That last one is just me making a joke of course.

Maybe it's just a coincidence. People get better. One day a few more than normal get better. I do know I'd sure love to see that 49 second run. Wow, well done.

20. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    It seems unlikely that a bunch of new names are legitimately on top of the leader board all of a sudden. I haven''t been on Home for a couple days but I may take a look later.

Upon further review, I see that they're not all new names...just some of the top racers are suddenly a lot better. Somebody must have discovered a new secret.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted