Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[ Sodium 2 Upgrades ]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TJMVoyager, Jun 22, 2011.

1. TJMVoyager

TJMVoyager Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I am a level 10, and I noticed I cannot seem to go any faster. As I look in garage, I see their are 2 levels of each item that you can buy in the store. Now my question is this. If I buy the best addons for my racer, as I level up, will their be better stuff in the store that I have to buy again? Because I noticed their are some upgrades that are ??? which means that I am not at that level yet.

I am liking the DX Firecracker boosters but I need an engine now.

So should I level up higher before I buy more stuff, or should I buy them now?

Thanks

TJ...

2. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    Considering that a set race mode is not present yet I wouldn't worry to much. All we have right now are two tracks a free run and a sad excuse for a VS. I say sad excuse because there is not a separate scoring system for it. I would think you would get bonus for beating a VS. If I was you I would only work on lvling up with the occasional buying of equipment. I buy just to beat my friends scores so your reason to buy might have differences.

3. TJMVoyager

TJMVoyager Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Well what I would like to know, if you buy a piece of equipment from the store, would you have to buy more upgrades at a later time? Yes I wan't to do multiplayer, but I am learning the tracks so I can get good at it, and beat people.

4. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    You can always use more on your stats. if you haven't done multiplayer though i have good news for you. most people do lvl1 races which basicly its one star if you have noticed that system in your garage. to dumb it down more 1star is the basic starting equipment. That help?

5. TJMVoyager

TJMVoyager Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    So which is equipment should I buy first? I was thinking of engine, and boosters.

6. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    Buy the lowest cost equipment so you can afford more at one time.

7. Ultra

Ultra Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Since they'll likely add a lot more in the future, I'd just focus on upgrading your equipment when you can and trying to move up on your friend board. Afterburners seem to make the most difference speed-wise.

8. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I'll tell you what NOT to buy. The upgraded air brakes.

They help with your steering but tend to slow down your racer. Once you've learned the tracks, you will achieve better times without them.

9. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yes as Liza say don't bother with the brakes, and get all the other top stuff I guess. Firecracker boosters only the other ones are useless.

10. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    I might try this, cheers for the tip. XD

11. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    Just remember the higher level the more stuff is available so if u go full upgrade everytime u can u will spend a fortune in upgrades stick to what u wanna race with, if yr happy throwing around the track at 1,13 stay with them parts n collect yr credits at least u can still play multi player with a one star racer u never see a multi player session with 5 star racers

12. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    If cost or Sodium credits are a concern, you should probably avoid the boosters all together until you improve the rest of your racer, hone your steering skills and master the tracks. Otherwise, you're just boosting yourself into the walls to achieve mediocre times.

13. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Another good point.

I was "5 stars" from the start of open racing after playing in beta. I've only managed to race a couple times in multiplayer mode because most people are still working their way up the levels. You really have to strip down the racer to get back down to 2 or 3 stars.

Expect to see a lot more 5-star races in the next couple weeks when competition should really heat up.

14. Ultra

Ultra Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I like the multiplayer but a single lap on Industrial is over way too fast, one little bump or a wide corner you're done. They should give you a choice of say, 1, 3 or 5 laps. The track layout it's not a circuit, but they could modify it slightly to make it one (Rocky Speedway is almost a circuit anyway).

15. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    I agree multiple laps in multiplayer would be good.

16. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    Still remember though if your going to do muliplayer you will need the best equipment for the rank your racing. Most people do rank one. Just keep that in mind.

17. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    The problem is that these tracks are A to B so I can't see how they would do multiple laps, I think they would need to modify the tracks somehow, and or add new tracks for that kind of racing.

18. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    Jill, Lara and Claire love Project Velocity! These are all default racers by the way! :bigsmile:

Joanna

[video=youtube_share;vT0ScFncHK0]http://youtu.be/vT0ScFncHK0?hd=1[/video]

19. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    Dont forget me! Its pretty much all I do now on Home now. Just waiting for the Arcade mode to start already!

20. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    cheers for the advise :) luckily I was in the beta so I've had plenty of time to learn the tracks and upgrade my racer.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted