Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[ Sodium 2 Upgrades ]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TJMVoyager, Jun 22, 2011.

1. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    The speed records are achieved by double boosting on the straight-aways, basically using your second set of boosters right after the first ones burn out and eject. It doesn't really help your times because you use up your boost all at once (and then crash into the end wall if you're like me) but it might earn you some XP and get your name up on the board.

2. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I feel the need...the need...... For ....speed!!!!!!

3. Iced-Tea-Bagger

Iced-Tea-Bagger Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    buying upgrades is pointless if you want to race other players, mine is only class 2 and it's difficult to find players for me to race, and if i do they suck. i got to 17-0 and just quit sodium 2 for now until they add more, or add rewards.

4. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    Well I finally managed to get ahead of Liza and Dan on one of the boards. I suspect this will last just about as long as it takes for them to wake up and see I'm ahead! Hee hee.

:demonangel:
    Joanna

[ Sodium 2 Upgrades ], Joanna, Jun 26, 2011, 2:56 PM, YourPSHome.net, png, Screen shot 2011-06-26 at 7.39.30 AM.png
    [ Sodium 2 Upgrades ], Joanna, Jun 26, 2011, 2:56 PM, YourPSHome.net, png, Screen shot 2011-06-26 at 9.57.18 AM.png

This is the time that really counts! Don't know if I can ever make that 52 second club. Maybe one day! And I agree if Lockwood somehow had rewards associated with specific levels of achievement I'm sure the reward crowd would be all over this place!

:)

[ Sodium 2 Upgrades ], Joanna, Jun 26, 2011, 2:56 PM, YourPSHome.net, png, Screen shot 2011-06-26 at 7.40.00 AM.png

Attached Files:

5. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I don't think too much about that speed record. Sometimes I go for it when I jump the gun with my starting boost and miss it. At this point, there's not much point in hitting the boost more than a half-second after the lights go green. It's actually good if we can leap frog each other on that board for a while to earn the XP.
    Thanks for posting the pics.:clapping:

It is disappointing that Lockwood has not implemented a rewards system yet. They should really have some trophies for reaching different level and/or times, something like the pilot jacket in Salt Shooter. I'm also surprised that VICKIE has not been updated with new items.

6. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    Just a minor moral victory for me and temporary I'm sure given I don't think anyone is really working that speed area. I will say that it can get to be pretty frustrating trying to beat the time trials though. I do enjoy the competition however and that makes it really fun for me at least. I know at some point I will plateau and hopefully something new will keep the game fun and rewarding to play.

If it weren't for you and Dan I'd be done with the game already. I just tweeted this to Lockwood by the way.

___
    Joanna_Dark_
    Joanna Dark
    I suspect if reward items were tied to some levels of achievement at Sodium 2 the "Reward Crowd" would be all over the place.

7. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    awww i've to word hard with my 00:55.248

8. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Yeah and me, think I'm just a small bit be hide you :)

9. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    The time trials are getting very difficult to beat. I have enough trouble replicating the times in our range. Knocking off another 1/2 second to get close to Dan's time will be very difficult. It just takes so much repetition to nail down that near-perfect run. When I do manage to improve my own times, it seems to be approximately 1/10 of a second at a time at best.

And then there's the multi-player...

I know that it's still brand new but there is really no competition there. All the races are single or double star rated, and the racers are not very good yet. I assumed that the star ratings would steadily rise as more people got into it but it has not happened so far. What worries me is that a large majority of people will not stay around long enough to start committing money and/or Sodium credits to upgrades. If that turns out to be the case, the races will never become any faster.

Another issue with the multi-player is that it's really just time trials with real-time competition. By this, I mean that the ships don't actually interact with each other. You're just racing against the ghost ships of the other racers in a sense. The physics and bandwidth required to enable bumping, drafting etc. may still be out of Home's reach.

10. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    I know I'll never touch Dan. It's amazing to me how he continues to improve his times. I've just gotten another 300 boosters per rack so I'll certainly use those. Hopefully by the end of that lot I'll at least have made it to 52 seconds which will be a personal satisfaction for me. I can come so close but it seems I always make one mistake that prevents me from achieving that goal.

I do think they really need to introduce multiple lap racing. One lap is really not enough given one mistake can ultimately spell doom relative to a win. I agree the multiplayer racing didn't seem to be very worth while. When you reach a certain level with a 5 star racer downgrading to race with 1 or 2 star ships really isn't very competitive.

I do like racing with friends though and I think they really need to tweak the gaming mechanic. I've heard about arcade mode and I'm not sure what that might be about. I think 5 or 10 lap races could potentially be fun.

I agree that if they had some neat rewards - clothing specifically for me – I'd certainly continue to race to earn credits and to get any items that I would want. More needs to be done to motivate players to play other than to essentially beat times in time trial mode.

Lockwood should perhaps host tournaments for racing that would offer prices and bring out the best racers to both single and multiplayer events where the times are set back to zero. I suppose the leaders on the board would most likely win those but it could be a fun event where racing against others in your class would be fun to do.

11. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Have you tried just asking him? He might be amenable to some sweet talking.:hug:

12. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    LOL if I thought it would help me beat his times I'd be more than game to give it a go although I'm sure he is a sweetheart! Hee hee.

13. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    If you can keep on playing you will be able to find more time but you just reach a point where it is so hard to find just the smallest fraction, I share you concerns about 5* racers too I think maybe not many people will be playing S2 long enough to get to upgrade their ship to that level. As for rewards I wonder if they'll include those along with the Arcade mode.

They used to do weekly time trials in closed beta so I think, they'll introduce competitions at some point, I can say that there are many users that used to play in closed beta but they don't seem to be bothering right now so I'm wondering if they are awaiting some competitions and don't want to show us their cards just jet, they certainly were faster than me back then.

14. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    just improved a little my best score with 00:54.031 now ^^
    close to reach level 18

15. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    You guys do know that you're not actually racing vehicles, and that it's all just mathmatical equations crammed into a computer program that graphically reproduces digital images. Don't you? ;D

16. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    Oh... That just made me realise I should stop gaming and go outside... wait real life is just atoms and particles crashing into each other... that sounds too scary, I'll just keep gaming :p

17. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Uh, he's a guy. You don't need permission to touch him. :teehee:

18. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Finally knocked off 0.1 sec of my PB to break into the 52's XD

Attached Files:

19. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    And hyperkane, hyperkane-UK, Hjackman form a virtual triumvirate equal to one Senior Monkey.

What's your point, you smoking, bespectacled primate? :p

20. TJMVoyager

TJMVoyager Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I noticed one of the things you got to do is stay in the middle of the track, and cut your corners and get back into the middle of the track. I managed to beat my time of 55:215. I am a level 26. Staying in the middle of the track you gain lots of speed. So that is what I am working on now. I am still having a problem with the first corner, I can't seem to control it. I do however control that turn a little better with the titan engine, which is how I beat my times.

The titan and the thor are have the same speed, both different stats.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted