Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Developer Lockwood Publishing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Feb 13, 2012.

1. martinsonj

martinsonj Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 /0
    Wow,... so no one is talking about Uproar? Really?

Now I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. But all hope and excitment I had for this game has been turned into stress and near rage. Allow me explain. I played the actual game for about 3 mins. And I loved it. The gameplay is really nice. I had joined a round that was almost over, got a few kills in, and my team won. I earned some exp and I was pumped to play another round.

But then it happened. Home crashed and I had to boot it up again. Well, these things happen, so it's not a big deal. As soon as Home loaded up I tried to go back to the Uproar space. As soon as I appear there, Home crashes again.

I repeated this process 10 times, and every single time Home restarted as soon as I entered. I tried going to other spaces, no problem there. I cleared my cashe, same thing happened. I got on my wife's account from her own PS3. Same thing.

Look, Lockwood, I love you guys. Really. But no matter how great Uproar is, if I can't play the blasted thing, and worse it crashes Home just trying to go to the space (I am not even talking about trying to launch the actual game), then why should I chance it? I could just spend my time in another (company's) space.

Sure it only takes 3 - 5 mins to start up Home again. And yeah, I'm sure you'll sort out this problem in the very near future. But this isn't making a very good first impression. Heck, I know people that haven't even been about the play the game once. (No, I am not the only one with this problem.)

Also, the ability to switch teams after death ruins the game. Because the winning team gets an exp bonus, people jump to the winning side near the end of a round. I can't say it happens all the time. (Since, you know, I only got to play Uproar once.) So what may start a fair 3 vs 3 game, could very well end up a 5 vs 1 game.

One person can't beat 5 enemies at once. Or hell, even 3 if they all coming from different directions. The poor guy playing solo is going to get his ass handed to him.. and he's not likely to play Uproar again. And a person who isn't playing the game is is very unlikely to buy Uproar goods. This feature not only allows for lopsided teams, but could also drive away customers.

I think it would be very wise to write up a public apology explaining what the problem is, while at the same time offering everyone their own Uproar 'personal space' (like you did with Sodium1), that would allow the user to invite some of his friends over for a small, but working game. (Like Novus Prime's Officer's Quarters allows.) The reasoning is that having small groups of people playing Uproar is better then no one playing it at all.

You might also want to take a look at Peakvox Labs' Ninja, as it has gameplay that is very similar to Uproar while only rarely (never?) crashing.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. But if you read between the lines, I am really only trying to help.

• Like Like x 2
    • Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
      +67 /2
      I haven't been able to enter the lounge. I tried on the first day but the lounge wouldn't let me in.

I shifted to EU and got to try it. But without friends I just sorta left and went back to NA. :)

• HeavensLightfire

Ratings:
      +2 /1
      I've tried to play Uproar but everytime I load the came I get the "Happy Blue Error Screen". I'll give it a shot later because I've heard it is a good game.

• ntn.drake

ntn.drake Weinbah

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      I would ask Lockwood. The fact that you can sit down on muzzle cannon in Lockwood Publishing Showcase. Therefore, I have long wished to receive this gift. I was a little disappointed when I finally got it, in fact you can not sit on muzzle cannon.
      Very good idea to sit on the cannon muzzle - why deprived of the opportunity to sit in a real product ... Thanks for you attention, sorry for this observation, may be you can make some changes.

• Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
      Valued Member

Ratings:
      +37 /2
      New bathrooms coming from Lockwood this week. They look pretty sweet.

• HeavensLightfire

Ratings:
      +2 /1
      I just hope that the shower and bathtub will be actually FUNCTIONAL,. I'm not counting on it and I really don't think they are functional but what if they were? That would be a huge step-up. I don't think people want to see their naked avatars in the shower, this aint the Sims o_O

• kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator
      Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
      +263 /52
      For those of you who have asked about the Lockwood Arctic Yacht rewards, here's a list for you :

Owner:
      Sunday - Modern Two Seater Sofa, High Class Speaker Stack, Mini Counter
      Monday - Modern Dining Chair, Orb Light, Modern Dining Table
      Tuesday - Modern Table Lamp, Modern Stool, Counter Unit
      Wednesday - Modern Side Table, Sun Lounger, Modern Fountain
      Thursday - Modern Lamp, Modern Coffee Table
      Friday - Book Collection, Modern Chaise Longue Sofa, Marble Pegasus Statue
      Saturday - Modern Bookshelves, Modern Corner Sofa, Large Modern Double Bed

Guest:
      Sunday - Modern Two Seater Sofa
      Monday - Modern Dining Chair
      Tuesday - Modern Table Lamp
      Wednesday - Modern Side Table
      Thursday - Modern Lamp
      Friday - Book Collection
      Saturday - Modern Bookshelves

• darkan12-nl

darkan12-nl Well-Known Member
      Valued Member

Ratings:
      +50 /0

The year will really get going from January 16th, though, and our New Year’s resolution is to continue bringing you variety and customisation each week – in the store and Gift Machine, as well as some choice rewards!
      Can you give a home to a new mount that’s raring for exploration? Owning one of these mounts will also grant you bonus access to a new public space! Fancy the chance to win a beautiful new steed? Just follow us on Twitter and look out for a competition coming soon!
      A new dreamy apartment to rival the Dream Yacht and Dream Island is coming – what breathtaking location will you be whisked off to next?
      Don’t forget, you inspire what’s new – so let Lockwood know what you want to see, and help shape the next big thing in PlayStation®Home.
      Lockwood Publishing, Feb 13, 2012, 8:46 PM, YourPSHome.net, 6230
      Lockwood Publishing, Feb 13, 2012, 8:46 PM, YourPSHome.net, 6230

Happy New Year! | Lockwood Publishing

• Informative Informative x 1
      • kris4christ2

Ratings:
        +0 /0
        As far as the Arctic Yacht rewards go.. are you sure those 'day limits' are accurate? I received the Side Table and Two Seater Sofa on Thursday 1/3, and the Book Collection on Friday 1/4. Not that it's a big deal, but offering some more info.

• darkan12-nl

Valued Member

Ratings:
        +50 /0
        New LKWD HQ Reward! Lockwood Publishing, darkan12-nl, Jan 9, 2013, 1:41 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, PlayStation(R)Home Picture 09-01-2013 09-24-29.jpg Just visit LKWD HQ and go near auction area to receive the Heartwarming Hearth

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
        • darkan12-nl

Valued Member

Ratings:
          +50 /0
          Horses of the Prairie!

A soft breeze stirs the long grasses. Sunlight dapples the dusty ground through the trees, their leaves red and gold. On the horizon, the rusted out hulk of an old steam train begs exploration and a snuffling sound in the grass outside the perimeter fence warrants further investigation. The only thing is, that fence is so far off. Walking there would take so long. If only.... Oh, wait!
          Lockwood Publishing, darkan12-nl, Jan 14, 2013, 2:22 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, LKWD_Horse_160113_1280x720.jpg

Lockwood’s Horses of the Prairie includes mustangs and ponies. As a special bonus, horse owners get free reign in the Prairie public space.
          REMINDER! YOU STILL GOT A CHANCE TO WIN. GO HERE!
          plus something truly magical for the Gift Machine. As a special bonus, horse owners get free reign in the Prairie public space!
          Lockwood Publishing, darkan12-nl, Jan 14, 2013, 2:22 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, aaaa.jpg

Unicorn owners will also gain bonus access to the Prairie public space
          Explore the landscape, collect rewards, but best of all, let your horse cut loose and canter along those dusty trails. So mount up and get riding!

Lockwood Publishing, darkan12-nl, Jan 14, 2013, 2:22 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, Lockwood_GiftMachEnvoyPack_160113_1280x720.jpg

last but not least,one of my favorites:
          Alternate Envoy clothing from Iron Fusion is available in the Gift Machine

• darkan12-nl

Valued Member

Ratings:
          +50 /0
        • darkan12-nl

Valued Member

Ratings:
          +50 /0
          Lockwood Publishing, darkan12-nl, Jan 18, 2013, 3:51 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, 424177_10151188238555588_441786914_n.jpg

WIN an unreleased High Fantasy Apartment!

Remember when we asked you to choose the genre of an upcoming apartment? --> Re: Help us pick the theme for a giftable apartmen... - Page 6 - PlayStation® Community Forums

Well, we'd like you to help us name this apartment now!

1. Look at this image.
          2. Leave your name suggestion in the comments below.
          3. We will select our favourites on Monday 21st.
          4. We will put these finalists up for public vote on Monday 21st.
          5. You vote for the winning name of this apartment!

Whoever submitted the winning suggestion will get the apartment as soon as it’s released and all of the finalists will get an LMO Horse Mount! :D

Chronik-Fotos | Facebook

• Adrian

Adrian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
          +26 /5
          Apartment of plarp!

I don't know how to get the game "Trail" in the Prairie...

Dang shame horses can't jump, be brushed, fed, poop!

• darkan12-nl

Valued Member

Ratings:
          +50 /0
          Drey Noir-and more, this weeks Lockwoods content!

She slid into his office like a sword into a sheath -- sleek, sharp and dangerous. The cut of her suit spoke of wealth, but her eyes spoke only anger. He picked up a pen from his desk and rolled it between thumb and forefinger, waiting, letting her set the tone of this encounter. She leaned forward, placing her hands on his desk, one made a fist, expensive leather glove clenched tightly around expensive leather clutch purse. She drew in a breath-

Drey Noir. Live your story.

Lockwood Publishing, darkan12-nl, Jan 21, 2013, 12:59 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, Female01_Hands_Luxury_NCR_WG_2_500.jpg

Dazzling lockets, chokers and earrings are available for the ladies in the Gift Machine!

Lockwood Publishing, darkan12-nl, Jan 21, 2013, 12:59 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, Trends_GlowHeels_Orange_500.jpg

And Classic looks re-envisioned are available early in x7, get advanced access to Super Skinny Jeans, glow Hi-tops and glow Sneaker Heels

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
          • Heavyn

Heavyn ~The big and the bad~
            Valued Member

Ratings:
            +33 /4
            Seriously here for the gift machine items I'm iffy on the drey nior style pack but I'm sure I'll still purchase it. :)

• EvanescentWish

EvanescentWish Princess CocoaPuff!

Ratings:
            +10 /0
            I like the Drey Noir male clothes, The female clothes didn't interest me though. I thought the video was cute though.

• Like Like x 1
            • darkan12-nl

Valued Member

Ratings:
              +50 /0
              Lockwood Publishing, darkan12-nl, Jan 31, 2013, 4:43 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, 775770_10151207332560588_66378110_o.jpg

Whimsy Hollow,
              Our upcoming high fantasy apartment, Whimsy Hollow, is going to have a resident ‘Whimsy’ and we’d like you to help us choose what he/she looks like please!

So, which Whimsy out of these eight Whimsies do you want Whimsy Hollow’s Whimsy to look like? :p

• Like Like x 2
              • darkan12-nl

Valued Member

Ratings:
                +50 /0
                An error is currently affecting several of our apartments and public spaces. This occured when the month changed from Jan to Feb and unfortunately could not have been forseen until this happened. We have a fix planned for this and will get it in place as soon as possible. We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank SCE Japan and Lockwood fans for bringing this to our attention so quickly.

• Like Like x 1
                • LilacKitty

LilacKitty Member

Ratings:
                  +0 /0
                  The more I come to this site, the more I love it!

• Like Like x 1
                  Verification:
                  Draft saved Draft deleted