Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irem Closing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Firefly, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I hope people might support my thread in the NA forum. If enough people want it, I think Sony might buy the lounge. It's worth a shot. It's a well trafficked lounge that can create advertising revenue

2. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I haven't commented on it because Granzella itself has never commented on similar questions. The issue of intellectual property between those spaces and Irem/Granzella may be a complex issue.

Also, they've just barely released their first space for crying out loud! I'm sure they've a lot on their plate to deal with.

3. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    lets do it! :toot:

4. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    True Aet, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Worst thing that can happen is we don't change the outcome.

5. Diamond_Dust

Diamond_Dust ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ Innocent ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  6. DCS

DCS Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    AWW, this is very Bad NEWS to HOME... This will remove half of what is on JAPAN Home... AND will Almost Wipe out Hong Kong Home for sure... AWW!

Not to Mention it's Impact on USA and EU Homes... But not as bad as it will be for Japan and Hong Kong for sure! OHNO!

This just might cause Home to close all together! First EU stuff on all Homes... Uncharted on all Homes... But IREM on all HOMES! Utoh!

this is going to set HOME back to more like it was in 2009 when USA never had IREM.... This is not good! Even thoe i said 2009 was the best of HOME IREM made it even better... OHNO!

I got a few id's i'll need to get the IREM stuff on yet from IREM square... So i better do this soon! AWW!

NO Spelunker Rock to chase Indy Jones ever in USA Home... That was a sight i was looking forward to! AWW!

No More Special IREM events in Japan Irem Square... NO More NEWS years stuff... No More XMAS Stuff! NOTHING! AWW!

why don't Granzella BUY out IREM and take over all these spaces and make them part of Granzella? I know they could do it if they wanted to...

Looks like Home is headed for a Big Fall after IREM is gone... Wait and see! The End of Home may be nearer than we thought!....

So long IREM old friend, Pal, Best Time ever we had on any Home!....

U will be Missed... By The entire World! Not just Japan but Worldwide!

By: DCS

7. l8fri_cell

l8fri_cell Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    NOOOO!!!! My favorite top is from iRem, now it's gonna be deleted!!!!:bash:

8. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Don't worru. You won't lose any inventory. But the Irem items will be gone from stores next month

9. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  10. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
  11. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    That's fine. My only point is that Irem isn't dead yet.

12. Baron_Brain

Baron_Brain Notorious Dis-Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +21 /1
    Um… just FYI… there's no such space called "Dokisui Lounge – Japanese School". You might want to fix that in your article since it's quite incorrect (and a bit misleading).

The actual name of the space is: 「どきどきの学園生活」("Doki Doki no Gakuen Seikatsu"), which literally translates as "Doki Doki Campus Life"… or you can use "Doki Doki School Life" (Irem's alternate official English name).

For those interested in learning some new Japanese, "Doki Doki" isn't actually a word… instead it represents a sound effect. In this case, it's "the sound that a heartbeat makes".

(Sorry, I've always tried to help people use the correct names for areas & items in Japan. I assume you grabbed the erroneous name off Alphazone, as they're the only ones who've called this by a wrong name. The term "dokisui" originally appeared as part of the official web link for Irem's "Doki Doki Suikoden", the PSP game the lounge is based upon. It's was nothing more than an easy way to keep the name of a webpage — and any weblink codings — down to 7-letters, instead of 16 or more.)

13. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thanks, BB, I'll let Cubes and Norse know.

14. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    That's what people get when they count on Google and don't take the time to look stuff up ;)

15. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I don't know where Cubes got the name, but I'll go along with BB's conjecture. HSM and AZ4 are like two peas in a pod, so whenever possible I'll use AZ4 as one of many resources.

16. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    I guess you missed the first post of this thread then? PS your list is not really complete, Irem had 10 spaces, The HQ was in fact 2 spaces.

17. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    No, I didn't miss it. The list FF had wasn't complete, and for the sake of simplicity I chose to count the two HQ spaces as one space. Those familiar with the Japan Home understand it's two spaces, and for those who aren't familiar with the JP Home it's a needless complication in my opinion.

18. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Aet, the List in the first post counts 8 spaces (7 if you count the HQ as 1 space), last edited on Friday some 16 hours before you posted a list saying you had not seen it else where.

IMO lists should be clear to everyone and not just taken that people should know and if they don't it don't matter, that's how people get mixed up with things and people misunderstand information. Information should be clear and in full detail as you can to limit any form of misunderstanding and not taken as a given that people should know.

Anyway, that's that and I'm heading back to blast away scribble monsters (I'm bad at this game)

19. DCS

DCS Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hmmm, Just got to thinking on this? Granzella said that they were the ones to work on those spaces for IREM...

And the ones IREM is closing is the ones the Granzella people said they worked on right!

So maybe Granzella is trying to claim or sue them over those space's and is the reason why IREM is closing those ones?!?!?!?!

If so this makes it seem more likely since those are the same ones Granzella says they worked on while at IREM... Makes ya wonder if this is the real reason why were loosing these IREM spaces now?

Hmmmm,

Just a thought... But it seems Possible now that Granzella said they worked on those spaces and those are the same ones that IREM is closing now... It just seems a Little Odd then otherwise!

Hmmmm,

If thats the case it would be wise if Granzella took over those spaces and let them stay on Home... But IREM may be like NO WAY in HE** are they giving them those spaces... Who Knows!

Hmmmm,

Well thats my guess what is going on now!

Nuff Said!

By: DCS

20. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Ok, if you want to start arguing priority, my story was written and complete by Tue/Wed of this week, about 48/24 hours before Irem made their announcement. After Irem made their announcement, I made some edits, including the names of the spaces that were being removed. I don't remember when I saw FF's list, but my rewrite was essentially finished shortly after midnight on the 22nd, which was before FF made his final edit. Perhaps FF did have a complete list and I made a mistake, but my memory is that when I saw his list it wasn't complete - which is why I went to AZ4 instead.

As for simplifying the list of spaces, it was my story and thus my call to make. In my opinion it doesn't serve any purpose to tell someone in NA who's never been to the Japan Home that there was an HQ1 and an HQ2, or that there was an upper and a lower level. In order to give them any meaningful info I would have had to go into greater detail, which would have increased my word count, disrupted the flow of the article, and also thrown it into imbalance because I wasn't providing similar details about any of the other spaces. If you examine my writings, I think you will find that when it comes to essential details I always take care to nail things down as precisely as I can. But in my opinion this was not an essential detail. As the writer it was my call, and if you feel you can do a better job I'm sure Norse would be happy to receive a submission from you as we're always looking for new talent.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted