Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Realms On PSN

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VampireWicked, Mar 30, 2011.

1. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    FR was fun for the first few days. I admit that I've been busy but I haven't even thought about it in a week. I forgot it exists. :p I also didn't buy a membership or anything so maybe that skews my view but I'm not real eager to try it again anytime soon. I might change my mind later. IDK? Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance? But, if you enjoy it then I think that's great. We are not all going to like the same things.

2. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I know right lol
    My friends are jumping on Free realms quick. lol just think if there was a Free realms fashion show, how creative that would be lol. I love being able to swim & actually drive a car in a race & go on quests, Free realms is a great alternative to PSHome
    Has anyone tried soccer?
    Free Realms On PSN, Mar 30, 2011, 2:57 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2175

3. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I agree it's a great alternative to home but certainly in no way a replacement :) it's great to have both as they differ so much while still being similar in many ways, meaning it's easy for home users to get into but has so much to offer itself... BUT I have noticed the events that had been held in the pc version just seem to be there already just as everyday things (the campsite at greenwood for example) Being a huge fan of exploring and collecting this game is awesome and has so many collections (i'm not kidding there are over 150 collections to complete) I'm still hoping there are events to come though and I still plan on buying a membership whenever it comes to EU... hopefully that will be very soon.

4. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'm dying to go back *whenever it stops saying i've been disconnected after the minute & a half of loading* It's an awesome place to go & Yes alot of my friends replaced PSHome with Free realms. They say they don't get hounded by pervs No stray messages No jerks crouching in front of girls, they haven't ran into any of that, they haven't been on PSHome for a year because of the harassment. Sure it's more with the cuteness & PSHome's graphics look better but there's adventurers, fairies dragons horses swords & magic, so i understand how they say Free realms replaces PSHome 4 them i'm happy they enjoy it
    Free Realms On PSN, Mar 30, 2011, 2:57 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2175

5. TooCoolDave

TooCoolDave Drunken gamer
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I've tried soccer once, pretty damn fun. Once I level my brawler up to 20 I'll start playing a lot of the other mini games.

You're not kidding, every time I move or find something it's a start of a new collection.

The only real problem I've been getting lately are kids sending me constant messages to buy them a membership, I've owned a PS3 since launch and this is the first time I've had to use the block feature.

6. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I downloaded, installed and played the FREE version.
    I did 2 or 3 trophy requirements but did not get any trophy.

Do you have to pay for the full version of FREE REALMS to be able to earn trophies?

7. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yep, that is what I heard you have to pay in order to earn the trophies. I can totally see the $34 as life time membership is worth it VS PSN Plus which you have to renew every year or every three months.

8. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yes Ronin, i've seen the price, but i also read that this lifetime subscription to Free Realms will be for the longevity of the game, which means if the Free Realms server would someday be shut down, like the US Demon's Souls server will be soon, then the lifetime will be over by then.

Anyway, thank you for answering my question :)

9. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yeah, I think there is no such thing as "Life Time Subscription" with online game any more. I tell ya, 2012 just next door and we are all doom!!..LOL..

10. x__twist__x

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    between DCUO and PS+, i cant even think about Free Realms

11. Caspearious

Caspearious SC4RY LURK3R D00D

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I think the Life Time is worth it, which is a better deal then buying PSHome Mansion in my opinion. I have a feeling it will be around for at least another 7 months (which is equal to Life Time subscription if you doing it one month at a time).

That gems game for mining and harvesting can be addictive to play while other mini-games can be a chore (like smithing copper into bars). I also like that pirate's plunder game that reminds me a little bit of Sid Meir's Pirates! from the old C-64 days.

12. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Really ? Aww no way

13. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Well, I first read this a while ago, so it the Demon's Souls US server is still running ( I don't have that game) maybe it will still be running as the EU server is for a while yet.

14. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  15. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yeah, i just hope it will still be running for at least 3 more years.

16. RedMoonSheWolf

RedMoonSheWolf *Dream_Big_Think_Bigger*

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Free Realms is okay : | . Great to occupy time because there are a ton of games, but very kiddish. For Example: the fishing game has..... Calico Fish -_- get the pont? Also you can't try to simplify your texting by one letter such as (U) & (R) and you can't use numbers or even spell out numbers. Everything is wayyyyyy overpriced and I wont pay 34.00 unless its like my game Prototype lol :D. PS Home will always remain the best interactive service.

17. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I agree. Prices are high. And text chat is near impossible. But if you can just fix chat. I can enjoy roaming around. Especially on wednesdays when Home is down.. like the little games. But prices are too high to just enjoy it for me.

18. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    ddoes anyone know how to get the seven free daily items for returning users?

19. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    Just start up the game and you should have them, you won't get any notification for receiving them but what you get is listed here Free Realms - What is New? (All items are out now so once you go on look for all 7 (8 if you're a lifetime member)

20. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Is there a Free Realms compensation ?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted