Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Realms On PSN

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VampireWicked, Mar 30, 2011.

1. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Free Realms On PSN it was released yesterday A brand-new jaw-dropping freevirtual world where you can do whatever you want, whenever you want! Play now for free Character ProfilePre-Create Your Character, Quests Jobs Station Cash *reason 4 the maintenance yesterday* & it installs like DC Universe Online but nowhere as long YAY. Free Realms can be found in the PSnStore
    Memberships as follows
    1. 1 month $4.99
    2. 3months $12.99
    3. 6months $24.99
    4. 12 months $29.99
    5. lifetime $34.99
    Each memberships will have quests, houses, items & so on. Free Realms however isn't up & running yet but if you wanna try it out start your downloading now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFKV__oVcAo
    http://www.freerealms.com/article/detail.action?articleId=1334&request_locale=en_GB

2. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Sounds interesting. I have download it last night, but haven't try it out. Few of my friends on my buddy list says is really good and fun. It could be interesting if this app stands shoulder to shoulder with HOME. Plus $34 for lifetime membership ain't bad VS PSN Plus $50 annual payment to keep the membership going. Only time will tell how it all turns out with Free Realm. Thank you for the heads up! :eek:

3. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    No problem, from the video they actually can switch to different regions & use the same avatar on PC, maybe you'll be able to do that on the PS3 version
    Free Realms On PSN, Mar 30, 2011, 2:57 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2175

4. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Very sweet about the avatar change and different region use with Free Realm. :eek:

5. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Ok here's my experience in free realms, I played for two minutes maybe a little longer. You create your avatar *choice male or female pixie or human* select skin eye hair color *nothing radical like purple hair color* You pickfrom a selection of names you can make up a name but u gotta wait 4 it to be authorized so u use the selected name till then. You step out into the world *I was greeted by a stray friend request 2seconds in. BLAH* you look out & all u see everywhere are ID names covering the area in giant letters. I walked around with my tiny avatar which by comparison to PShome avatars they're really tiny, looked around & accessed a shop & WOW prices I can buy more virtual crap with my real money :) Oh joy. I then thought screw u pressed select & found my way into my Free realms home & 3seconds later got disconnected. Here's the fun part, remember how PShome was b4 the update that fixed the long loading time just getting back on PShome, Well depending on ur connection some of you may experience that :)

6. TooCoolDave

TooCoolDave Drunken gamer
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I've been having fun with it so far. This is something I can see myself using a lot like Home so I'll be getting the lifetime membership tomorrow.

7. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I'll probably buy a lifetime membership when they release it in EU, having fun playing free just now and most of the stuff you buy with real money doesn't look much better than the in game coin bought items, If i get lifetime sub I may buy a pet though :p most of the items are more expensive than home but I get that they offer stat boosts (I think?)

Heres 2 cheat codes that work on ps3 version too :)

enter these codes in the chatlog to use, reenter to turn each cheat off:

Small head mode:
    /OMGLILIMH

big head mode:
    /ABSNBD

8. TooCoolDave

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hehe, I'm gonna try big head mode.

As for pets, I'll be buying myself a dragon tonight.

9. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Try it last night and I quite enjoy it! The only thing that is wonky for me is the chat system. Typing do resort to constant L2 pressing to make each sentence happen VS HOME straight away type-and-show text bubble. Voice chat I believe is resort to Group Chat and the voice muffles and hard to make out what your friends is saying. Otherwise the money/spending system is nice since most of the in-game money is earn from by going thru quests and earn them and indeed some of the low end starting wear is expensive for each character class. I will play the free basic FreeRealms for a bit until I upgrade to $34 life time membership. So far is fun, engaging and keeps the user occupied with tons of quests which usual MMORPG provide and did I mention you can actually go vertical (jump) VS run from point A to B in HOME, as well swim? Definitely a big world to check out and explore for anyone that is adventurous with MMORPG. :eek:

10. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I can't even connect, i've tried & it would load then say i was disconnected Which sucks bigtime. What i've seen for the few minutes i was on is something i really love & PShome should really really add this, There's an option to BLOCK an stray Friend Requests. No sorting through stray friend requests No deleting them later & 100 friends on your list to BLOCK that from happening. That alone FreeRealms gets a good grade from me, if only i was able to connect to it :( Then i'd only worry about some fat guy with a level 99 avatar going around attacking other avatars like the southpark wow episode lol
    Free Realms On PSN, Mar 30, 2011, 2:57 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2175

11. TooCoolDave

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Just got my Lifetime membership and Dragon. Fun stuff but these blind friend request are getting aggravating, I can't understand why making friends is a trophy, they must of known how annoying it was going to be.

12. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I guess FR has its own up and down with usage. But trophy support for me is surprising. :)

13. Shaundi

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    If anyone wants to add me my FR name is Rachel Falconhoof, and I have my own guild but as far as I see people have to be online for me to invite to join, either that or they also need to reach level 15 in any job before they can even join a guild, I know thats the requirement to create a guild at least.

edit: based on this info from the free realms site I'd say we do need the person to be online and in the same server to invite to a guild Free Realms - What is New? shame really :(

14. TooCoolDave

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I ended up excepting all the FR's I got just too see how many I would end up with and I'm already past 50. Crazy. You do get invited to a lot of mini games when your friend count is high which is kind of cool.

Oh well. My name is simple in Realms, it's Toocool Dave. :p you all can add me if you'd like.

15. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Sounds cool, if the blind friend requesting bothers u, there's an option to block them if u want for a little while.

16. TooCoolDave

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    It did at first but now I don't really care, if it helps people get the desired trophy than what the hell.

17. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yea true & they'll probably delete after they get the trophies anyhow. Have u tried the car racing yet ?

18. TooCoolDave

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Not yet, I've tried the demolition derby and that was pretty fun. Whats the racing like?

19. Shaundi

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I haven't seen any unlockable character features, but for those wondering if they can edit their characters features after you've started, go to the coin shop and select the style cards section, sadly this requires a membership but a lot of the styles are ones that weren't selectable at the beginning and some look quite nice, and it's not too bad considering membership is only the cost of a gold mansion :p

20. TooCoolDave

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Bought myself a few style cards. I've got to cool it though, I've already purchased a Dragon, 2 Horses and the lava tiger rides, 2 pets and a really badass car for the demolition derby. This thing is getting just as addictive as Home

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted