Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batman: Arkham City News

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VampireWicked, Aug 3, 2011.

1. phunky~phenom

phunky~phenom I Sing With An Accent

Ratings:
    +0 /0

I'm edging towards the Japan version slightly.

By the way, how many DLCs are actually incuded in the game when you pre-order it? So far, I only know the one Batman costume.

2. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    1 Batman (Frank Miller's "kick ass" Dark Knight Return) costume which I only know of for NA and EU Collector's Edition. I think the subsequent (4) costumes is thru various retailers in Europe with pre-order.

And as for anyone interested on keeping track of all sorts Collector's Edition game online, here is a link which you can bookmark for reference. ^^

http://collectorsedition.org/

3. phunky~phenom

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'm happy w/ Frank Miller's DLC - but I'm also curious to see the actual how both the Batman Beyond and Animated skins look. lol

However, I am a little disappointed that it only has one DLC.

Hmm, if I get the standard edition - I hope these skins get release later as DLCs. Or maybe I'll just wait for a GOTY ver? LOL

4. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Only time will tell if GotY will pack in all the costumes and all Challenge Maps. I am liking the Dark Knight Return costume and the 1970 version. The Animated Series looks feel kind of out of place with the gritty feel of Arkham City tho, but then that is just one man's personal opinion. :p

5. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  6. phunky~phenom

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I know what you mean about the gritty out of place look. However, the Animated Series skin might just lighten things up on your next playthroughs. :D Hope they release the real pics soon.

Wow, Nolan North's a talented guy. :D

7. phunky~phenom

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oh, Dark Knight Returns skin is only available through the Collector's Edition.

Looks like there's no Batman skin on the standard edition through amazon.com.

8. DCS

DCS Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    um still no News if there is gonna be any HOME Rewards?

Thats what i like to know...

By: DCS

9. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    [video=youtube_share;yXqj0rpyD2c]http://youtu.be/yXqj0rpyD2c[/video]

10. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Amazon.de shows us three ways to skin a Robin

Batman: Arkham City News, Aug 3, 2011, 1:41 PM, YourPSHome.net, 3773
    The sharp-eyed Batfans over at ArkhamCity.co.uk have spotted some images of the Batman: Arkham City Robin pre-order DLC on Amazon.de. In addition to the rugged Robin announced earlier this summer (complete with a trendy hood), the images also reveal the Red Robin costume and the Animated Series Robin.Robin is available as a Best Buy pre-order bonus for Arkham City, allowing players to try out the Boy Wonder's moves in the game's challenge mode. The DLC will be made available to all Arkham Cityowners sometime after launch.
    :demonangel: CLICK THE LINK 4 MORE :demonangel:
    Amazon.de shows us three ways to skin a Robin | Joystiq

11. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Batman: Arkham City supports Games for Windows Live

For Batman, capturing criminals and maintaining safe, clean streets in Gotham is its own reward. For those of us lacking giant inheritances and cavernous basements, the incentive to do good just for the sake of being good isn't really enough. We need something we can hold; something we can point to and say, "I did that, here's my proof."Achievements! It was just our roundabout way of saying Batman: Arkham City will support Games for Windows Live on PC, according to a Warner Bros. rep speaking to VG 247 today. We assume, just like its predecessor, the game will also be sold through Steam, though there has yet to be a games page created for it.
    Batman: Arkham City supports Games for Windows Live | Joystiq

12. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Catwoman gets DLC episodes in Arkham City

It?s been reported that Catwoman, while playable in Batman: Arkham City, will only take up around 10% of the game. That?s to make sure that the focus is still on the Dark Knight, which is a reassuringly smart move in our books.Some are bound to be disappointed by the lack of feline action, though. And to those people we have on answer: DLC!ArkhamCity.co.uk cites a GameStop strategy guide in stating that Selina Kyle will be getting four of her own downloadable episodes to scratch through. A further 12 side missions are teased to reveal major characters.October 18 is whenArkham Cityhits the US, followed by October 21 in the EU. Look for it on PS3, 360 and PC while the DLC is likely to launch a short while afterwards.
    :demonangel: HIT THE LINK 4 MORE :demonangel:
    That VideoGame Blog » Catwoman gets DLC episodes in Arkham City

13. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Deadshot comes to Arkham City

A new villain was added to the long list of Bat-baddies found in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Cityon yesterday?s GT.TV.Deadshot, one of the Dark Knight?s lesser-known rogues, is heading to Arkham. Game director Sefton Hill revealed that the character ? known to DC Comics fans as a deadly assassin ? is in town with a hit-list. It?s Batman?s job to find out just who is on that list and why, without getting taken down himself.
    New gadgets also made their debut last night, including an item that could make frozen platforms on water and one that powers up electrical appliances in the environment.Not long to go now; Batman: Arkham Citydrops on PS3, 360 and PC on October 18 in the US and October 21 in the EU.
    That VideoGame Blog » Deadshot comes to Arkham City

14. DCS

DCS Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    what i like to know is... Does this GAME have HOME REWARDS? if so YAY! If not PASS!

Nuff Said!

By: DCS

15. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    VIDEO: Batman: Arkham City's "Secrets of the Joker"

[video=youtube;x6cz4rkfdDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6cz4rkfdDM[/video]
    Fans of Bats' most eccentric villain should dig this
    What, you thought the presence of Hugo Strange as Batman: Arkham City's main villain would keep The Joker out of the picture? No chance, and this special "Secrets of the Joker" trailer shows off some of his typically twisted shenanigans. Arkham City will come appropriately loaded with villains when it hits North American Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3s on October 18 (PC release pushed to November).*The tally so far: The Joker, The Riddler, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Victor Zsaz, Jack Rider, Bane, Catwoman (playable), Hugo Strange, Two-Face, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Talia al Ghul, Calendar Man, Solomon Grundy, and Deadshot.*
    VIDEO: Batman: Arkham City's "Secrets of the Joker"

16. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Arkham City golden, DLC teased

The B-man?s latest, Batman: Arhkam City, is done. Completed. sent off to the presses.Developer Rocksteady?s Sefton Hill took to the studio?s official forums to break the news, saying he?s ?really proud of the work the team has done,? while also teasing upcoming downloadable add-ons: ?Now the team are focused on finishing off some really cool DLC.?One piece of content will be the addition of Robin as a playable character. And then there?s the dress-up-Bats DLC. No other formal word on what other content there could be, but there have been a rumor or two.For now though, Hill adds: ?But the main news is? Batman is back!?
    That VideoGame Blog » Arkham City golden, DLC teased

17. DCS

DCS Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I want Harley Home costumes Please... :)

18. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yeah that would be great but on PSHome it would probably be $2.99

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted