Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batman: Arkham City News

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VampireWicked, Aug 3, 2011.

1. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Batman: Arkham City News, Aug 3, 2011, 1:41 PM, YourPSHome.net, 3773
    We'll be honest with you, folks -- we want nothing more than to dress as the pastel, '70s-era Batman while we prance around Arkham City. That'd just be tops. Unfortunately, we don't live in Australia, where the EB Games-exclusive "Steelbook Edition" comes with the blue-tinged DLC, along with a few more bat-themed goodies.
    Buyers of the "Steelbook Edition" also get their game in a fancy metal box, access to the "Joker Carnival" Challenge Map DLC, and a copy of the "Batman: Under the Red Hood" animated film on DVD (or Blu-ray, should you buy the PS3 version). And for $98 AUD ($107 USD), they'll be paying exactly the same price as Aussies buying the regular edition at other game retailers.
    :vampire: CLICK THE LINK 4 MORE :vampire:
    Batman: Arkham City 'Steelbook Edition' exclusive to Australian EB Games, comes with classic costume | Joystiq

2. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Six Sides of the Bat

Batman's a busy guy, sure, but when he's out prowling the streets of Arkham City looking for thugs, he wants to feel pretty just like anyone else. Developer Rocksteady Studios has clearly taken that into consideration, as the caped crusader has a sextet of costumes to don in his upcoming game, Batman: Arkham City -- should you procure all available pre-order and exclusivity offers surrounding the game, that is. As seen above, everything from classic 1970s Batman to Batman Beyond's version of the Bats' suit has made the cut thus far.
    Arkham City's Batman is a fashionista, rocking six suits in his wardrobe | Joystiq
    Update:To be extra clear, the image above is a fan-made amalgam of existing pre-order images and (possibly) non-official game art

3. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Batman: Arkham City collectors edition official in UK [update: headed to US too]

Americans suffering from envy of that exclusive swag (if not the game disc unceremoniously tucked into a paper sleeve) shouldn't worry; the details of this UK bundle match up with those posted last week by GameStop. We'll just have to brood in our caves for a bit -- we're sure it will be made official for North America soon.Americans suffering from envy of that exclusive swag (if not the game disc unceremoniously tucked into a paper sleeve) shouldn't worry; the details of this UK bundle match up with those posted last week by GameStop. Update:Warner Bros. has confirmed that the collector's edition is slated for the US as well.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/20/batman-arkham-city-collectors-edition-official-in-uk/

4. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0

http://www.yourplaystationhome.com/f8/better-than-batarang-finally-shot-collectors-edition-3527/ 19th July 2011 09:59

5. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I like the Frank Miller Dark Knight Return (second in to the left) and 1970 Batman costume (fourth in on the right). It does feel kind of out of place with the Batman: Animated Series version in gritty Arkham City, but cool looking nonetheless. :eek:

6. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
  7. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Looking forward to seeing what these will actually look like, as I really liked what rocksteady did to robin appearance. so I wont choose just yet.

8. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yea me to but WOW six different suits to possibly pre-order lol
    I wan them all but now this is just pushing me to wait on the Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition.
    My friend already pre-ordered hers for Robin
    Robin is a best-buy exclusive.
    HA! Okay here's a thought, great incentive. PSN+ members get free two exclusive DLC versions of Batman for Arkham City lol that would be awesome.

9. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Rocksteady and Paul Dini on the storytelling in Batman: Arkham City

Batman: Arkham City's creators and voice actors steadfastly refused to give out any new information about the game at last weekend's Comic-Con panel, instead just showing a new Penguin trailer. But both Paul Crocker, the lead narrative designer at Rocksteady Studios, and the legendary Paul Dini, Batman writer extraordinaire, kindly sat down to speak with Joystiq beforehand about the story of both Batman: Arkham Asylumand the upcoming sequel.Arkham Asylum's story was mainly about the Joker's takeover of Arkham and how Batman dealt with it, but those who explored the sidequests and secrets of the game got a look at the overarching plot of the series, that of Warden Quincy Sharp and his mysterious ties to Arkham itself.
    Rocksteady and Paul Dini on the storytelling in Batman: Arkham City | Joystiq

10. phunky~phenom

phunky~phenom I Sing With An Accent

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Holy Costumes, Batman! Buy! But which one? I personally like Frank Miller's Batman, Batman Beyond and Batman: The Animated Series versions. Thanks for posting the info, VampireWicked. By the way, I don't think amazon.com has the Collected Edition yet.

11. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  12. phunky~phenom

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oh, thanks, Art. Weird that it doesn't say Collected Edition on the list. No wonder I missed it. lol Oh, it includes Frank Miller's Batman. Trying to find a bigger pic of the Kotobukiya statue now.

13. phunky~phenom

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  14. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I like it as well with the Batman Statue. Its not just the statue, but also the amount of DLCs use for in-game is what I am looking for. As for UC3 CE basically tons of physical items (belt buckle & ring knecklace) packed in which I won't be using and I don't do UC multiplayer, so the kick-back DLC is useless for me. :p

15. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Agreed, I'm buying a game not action figure novelties .
    Let the Statues Belts Gadgets & posters be packaged with an action figure, i want in game content.

16. cylon_6

cylon_6 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    :eh: *Giggles* WoW Holly batman!!!, So many pre-orders DLCS of batsman, In a way It kinda get to me because I would love get all of them but I know some I wont get here in Australia. It’s reminds me of the Fallout: New Vegas DLC pack witch was nearly as imposable to get Mercenary DLC pack. So I resorted to ordering one off Ebay and paid like $7 at time. I wish game developers did what La Noire did that put the preorder DLC on PSN store. Lets hope that happens if not then I be disappointed in big way but oh well I might try order the NTSC one threw my local game store see if I can get it that way.

17. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    [video=youtube;p9PD7aOo6Ns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PD7aOo6Ns[/video]
    [video=youtube;AhbYlGAjCtw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhbYlGAjCtw[/video]
    For those that don't know or didn't see the trailers
    Penguin The Riddler & Solomon Grundy are in Batman Arkham City,?

18. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Older News.....Video: A quick fling with the Batarang controller

[video=youtube;gFHTkuWywzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFHTkuWywzI[/video]
    From any retailer that carries Power A controllers, this fall. The peripheral manufacturer has announced a Batman: Arkham City-themed "Batarang" controller for both Xbox 360 and PS3, which allows you to pretend you're playing games on the specialized Bat-style game console you knowBatman keeps in the cave.Both versions feature LED accents, that can light up in seven different colors. The PS3 version is wireless (with a receiver), with an internal rechargeable battery and motion sensors, and reversed analog stick placement. The Xbox version is wired, but comes with a 10-foot-long cable that may or may not allow the device to be used as a grappling hook.
    The Batarang controllers you deserve, but not the ones you need | Joystiq

19. cylon_6

cylon_6 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I happy with with my tron controller thank you mr game sir. But its looks umm bit small dosnt it?

20. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted