Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SaintsRow2 & SaintsRow3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VampireWicked, Feb 7, 2011.

1. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    SaintsRow2 is one of the most awesome games i've ever played. The over the top action is exciting the vehicles has such great control wonderful response the cars, motorcycles, boats the airplanes onto helicopters great character creation & the option to edit your character anytime you feel the need to change something The large open world of StilWater is absolutely a blast to walk around Till you get run over lol or you just pulled your car out of your garage & a drunken little old lady walks up & steals it, to see things like that or it happens to you is amazingly enjoyable & you wonder what could happen next. Here's a SaintsRow2 review *strong language*
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/312-Saints-Row-2
    here's a game player trailer of SaintsRow2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUyM18YWHEQ
    THQ announces
    SaintsRow3 will be this fall so hopefully it'll be just as awesome if it is then i'll be playing that just as long as i did SaintsRow2
    PS still playing SaintsRow2

2. Val Aysir

Val Aysir Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I actually liked Saints Row 2 for the same reason I like Home - great customisation options. The fact that gender was no barrier for items was also great, making it possible to make Gackt looking guys :D. The cutscenes were awesome too.

3. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    OOO I love Saintsrow2. I replayed the game just turning my look into different races XD

4. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I loved the 2 Saints Row games so far and I'm looking forward to number 3, loved the level of customisation and the overall humour of the games, hopefully the multi-player will have improved a lot as that is 1 area that has lacked in the past

5. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    apart from its online ability its a superb game with humor customisation n over the top insults
    highly recommended for the game just wish it had gta's online abilities

6. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Wow really you guys actually liked the humor in SaintsRow2, so did i. A few people on the SaintsRow3 forums kinda didn't, They want SaintsRow3 to be more realistic in areas like insurance fraud. They didn't like how getting hit by cars & go flying miles away was cool, i said i found nothing wrong with the way SaintsRow2 was with the humor & over the top action
    What else do you like about SaintsRow2 & also what do you want to see improved in SaintsRow3
    And i'd like to hear any suggestions on things u want in SaintsRow3, from different activities clothing styles radio stations vehicles Whatever you think up

7. Shaundi

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
  8. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    The SaintsRow forums are off line 4 maintenance when there up hopefully they'll have more SaintsRow3 news

9. Shaundi

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    THQ has ditched competitive multiplayer for forthcoming open-world crime epic Saints Row: The Third, so says Game Informer.

However, according to information gleaned from the latest issue of the magazine by the kind people over at GameFAQs, you'll still be able to hook up for co-operative play.

Game Informer's reveal threw up plenty more information on top of that. The game opens with the Third Street Saints trying to rob a bank. The heist is botched however, and you find yourself held captive in a jet by rival gang and the the bank's owner, The Syndicate.

Along with familiar faces Johnny Gat and Shaundi, you fight your way free, jump out of the jet and then proceed to blow it to pieces mid air, duly dodging debris on your way to the ground.

You land in the city of Steelport where the game proper kicks off. You'll be vying for control of the faded metropolis against four opposing forces.

Morning Star are your textbook be-suited Euro-villains, packing sniper rifles and SMGs as standard.

The Luchadores are beefy mask-wearing drug dealers who prefer close-range combat and heavy weaponry.

The Deckers are hi-tech egg heads that deal with security and money laundering, while the STAG Unit (Special Tactical Anti Gang Unit) represent the strong arm of the law, trying to rid the streets of all gang activity.

New features include the ability to upgrade weaponry. For example, as you progress you'll be able to add sniper scopes or under-barrel rocket launchers to your assault rifle.

Another improvement sees the L1 or LB button speed up your actions, so no more tedious car hijacking animations.

There's a host of cool new toys to play with too, such as a gizmo that lets you remotely control cars, planes and tanks. You'll also be able to call in air strikes and control predator drones. source

Gonna be awesome, and I'm kinda glad they dropped competitive multi-player to focus on co-op as prefer co-op over competitive anyday

10. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Cool thanks for the info, it sounds cool. multi player being scaled back has me thinking maybe THQ could add it later so players would have to pay for it. I hope SaintsRow3 still has the great controls 4 vehicles & character movement as SaintsRow2 does

11. Heavyn

Heavyn ~The big and the bad~
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +33 /4
    So glad they are going to continue the series I hope it keeps its, over the top unrealistic action, and the customization was amazing, it's what really made the game unique in it's genre. Well I know what will make my cousin happy.

12. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Things i'd like to see in SaintsRow3
    1. In co-op when one player pauses it doesn't stop the game for the other player
    2. Cheats are automatically disabled if the player joining ur game is using them
    3. Voice chat that works
    4. Adjustable Breasts & Butt size

13. Shaundi

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
  14. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    SaintsRow3 looking very interesting & the new weapons wow, Upgradable weapons & storage for upgraded weapons, remotely controlling vehicles. Your character in SaintsRow the third can get fat now from over eating sounds wild & an awesome button? sprint towards a car hit the awesome button & jump through the windshield & kick out the driver, okay i'll be doing that alot lol
    SaintsRow2 & SaintsRow3, Feb 7, 2011, 1:51 PM, YourPSHome.net, 1737
    YouTube - Saints Row: The Third Preview

15. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  16. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I went to GameStop & was going to put more on SaintsRow: The 3rd but i noticed the release date says Jan-2012, so i guess it's been pushed back.....BOOO BOOO HISSSS hiss
    Saints Row 3 Screenshots

17. HugodeBracy

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    The thing I love about Saint's Row 2 is that practically everything is a weapon, I mean you can actually rip out a parking meter and beat someone silly with it. lol

18. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    SaintsRow2 Service phone numbers

lol i know right, DeadRising should take notes.
    Pause the game, then access the cell phone. Select "Dial", then enter one of the following numbers, and choose "Call" to call the corresponding service:ServicePhone number
    Airport 555-3597
    Big Willy's Cab 819-8415
    Bling Bling 555-4233
    Brown Baggers 555-3765
    Cocks 555-2626
    Company of Gyros 555-4976
    Cycles 555-2453
    EagleLine Yellow 018-0174
    Emergency 911
    Eye for an Eye (Zombie Carlos)555-5966
    Foreign Power 555-2046
    Forgive and Forget 555-4448
    Freckle Bitch's 555-6328
    Friendly Fire 555-4867
    Fire Department 555-3473
    Giftshop 555-7577
    HazMat 555-6677
    Image as Designed 555-8459
    Impression 555-3248
    Leather and Lace 555-2662
    Legal Lee's 555-9467
    On The Rag 555-5926
    On Thin Ice 555-2564
    Police 555-7973
    Pimps 'R Us 555-7467
    Rim Jobs 555-3493
    Rusty's Needle 555-8287
    Ship It 555-7447
    Spelunkers 555-2283
    Suicide Hotline 487-6837
    Tee'N'Ay 555-9866
    TNA Taxis 455-8008
    Ultor Security 411

19. Heavyn

Heavyn ~The big and the bad~
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +33 /4
    I'm so excited for the new saints row, I'm already in plans to pre-order it or just get it soon as it comes out.

I saw some screens shots that I didn't see on that link you posted so I'll just add them on here.

Definitely looks like it will be an improvement graphics wise and then also customization. hopefully gameplay is still over the top and it's doesn't transition to being a serious game though judging from that giant purple unmmmm..... "Sword" it will possibly still keep the goofy over the top antics.

20. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Active Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hate to say it but the placeholder boss looks like such a tool. Makes me glad they come up with a reason for you to change him at the beginning of every game.

And I can't wait to get my paws on that RC gun or one of those tanks.

I also wish they did GTA4 style multiplayer free roam. The amount of Chaos would be legendary.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted