Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSN Service Outage

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JPConway, Apr 21, 2011.

1. TooCoolDave

TooCoolDave Drunken gamer
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    HaHa, thats awesome, lol.

2. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Atlest its a move forward i guess.

3. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Still down. I keep getting the "Signed out of PSN" error whenever I log onto an account immediately. At least, they're fixing the "new reward" bug as we speak, I hope.

4. JPConway

JPConway Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Let's hope its a step in the right direction - :p

5. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  6. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    the day the PSN stood still

7. Fiend009

Fiend009 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I never bought a router for it so i'm playing one of my favorite game series since I never finished it.
    PSN Service Outage, Fiend009, Apr 22, 2011, 5:11 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, Infection.jpg

8. theWook

theWook Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Well, this really blows. Hope it does not keep up during the weekend. At least Netflix still works.

9. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  10. phunky~phenom

phunky~phenom I Sing With An Accent

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hope PSN comes back on before Easter; I can already hear the Golden Egg cracking.

11. ntn.drake

ntn.drake Weinbah

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    @An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

12. Fiend009

Fiend009 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  13. ntn.drake

ntn.drake Weinbah

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Twitter @PlayStationEU

14. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Looks like some arrests have been made and warrants put out for these clowns, check it out

[video=youtube;t3LITo4XAcY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3LITo4XAcY[/video]

Go Sony ;D

15. EvilFluffyBunny

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    They should stab Anon in the eye with a really hot french fry, loaded with salt. :D

16. Ultra

Ultra Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Even Hitler can't stand this outage much longer :D

[video=youtube;TE7_D6mQxEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE7_D6mQxEk[/video]

17. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Thanks Chad!

I had no idea that the FBI was taking such actions. It's great to hear!

We need to wear our FBI shirts in Home to celebrate them taking on Anonymous cowards. LOL

18. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  19. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I wouldn't be surprised if the reason it's down so long is to allow the FBI to gather data on Anonymous. While the FBI is more interested in attacks on amazon over the wikileak anonymous attacks, I'm sure they want to get as much data as they can against Anonymous. The people who hacked PSN probably do have some association with Anonymous. They probably all know of each other even if they aren't friends.

20. strider367

strider367 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Never in my life have I ever seen any corporation run so incompetently in my life. This outage blamed on outside intrusion to me rings false. The way they handled this whole incident in a way proves that. I as well as many others who have noticed for the last several weeks. That this network was very unstable. But most people wrote it off as preparations for v1.5. We couldn't been more wrong. In fact I believe PSN fell asleep at the wheel. Then let the network get away from them.

How is it banks and other sites. When they have outside intrusions are back up and running in minutes. But not PSN, this outage has proved to me that this current regime is incapable of running this network. The lack of communication the total disregard for their customer base is totally unacceptable. Never mind they were not using the basic fundamental security networking tools in their network.

4/23/2011 15:50 PDT. This just in from the Japan Home bot. PSN will stay down till sometime next week.

They beat me to my punch line. This will not be fixed this weekend nor this week. Have fun and Happy Easter...

Added note; if you think their feverishly working their bones off for a fix. Think again their all Home enjoying their holiday weekend. Saving themselves all that overtime pay. Think about it overtime on the holidays is double maybe even triple time. You their customer base is just not worth it. I will point this out, gaming companies hate you. Yes this is true. Remember all those crappy games in the past we did not buy. They didn't forget that lol..

Here's the source translate it anyway you want....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted