Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Official US Forums, have your say.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C.Birch, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Well, I'm in JP Home right now trying to get some photos for Carla to make me a sig. Hopefully it'll attact a few more people to this site. :D

2. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    LOL I still need to make a JP account...

Still for now if I can figure how to navigate the settings.. im trying to make a Blog Blog page on wordpress ;p

Not the one Sony turned the forums into :p

Once I do then I can openly talk about things..

I have to admit if you look at the Community code of conduct the rules are very strict.. insanely so..

I want the freedom to warn other people in HOME of the gay bashers, etc.

Maybe its a good thing the Sony forums die... they want to hide the bad people... when they should have a public warning system to help actually avoid conflict not 'pray it doesnt repeat'

Oh if anyone wishs to get me in IM contact my MSN is KittyLaMewMew

3. Caspearious

Caspearious SC4RY LURK3R D00D

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Wow, I have read through all of this thread and didn't realize just how messed up the ban-hammering and thread deletions is going on behind the scenes. I came to this site because I noticed the posting was eerily slowing down there and my spider senses were tingling about the PS Home Forum's future. Now I know why... Bans, deletions, buggy software, and the unfriendly user interface.

And that thing about user's being able to embed javascript?!? I have disallowed playstation.com to run javascript in my browser via the No Script plugin for Firefox just to be safe. Looks like I'll go back to lurker mode on those forums since it looks like you have to have javascript enabled to even post (not that I was a heavy poster anyways).

4. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    There seems to be alot going on ... the worse part is curiouscat is posting misleading information in favor of the board changes..

Between the facts of Harmony dropping JIVE, mohawks secrete post deletions, etc..

No ones in a disagreement that right now the board is going to die pretty quick...

All the vetran gamers, home users leaving for better pastures and the newbies not knowing better thinking its a great look..

5. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hi Caspearious, nice to see you here.

Well for what it's worth I saw a post where someone was using a sig to track activity, and from a quick mental calculation, it seemed to me like forum activity was down at least 33%. To be honest I expected it would have been even more than that. But the state of the Home forums is getting frightening. There are threads just lying around for hours without any activity at all. This really isn't normal.

As for curiouscat, well, he's interesting. When the backlash against Jive started on the Harmony Central forums, there were complaints that Jive had sent people to the forums to post in favor of their company and software. I don't know what proof they had, but curiouscat is one of several people who have attracted my attention. He seems crazy like a fox to me, if you know what I mean. But yeah, the mods seem to ignore him and the others although I have seen a few of the MVPs go after him for spreading really false info.

6. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    And when the big bosss come back from their new years vacation..

Mohawktown wins Employee of the month for keeping the forums in a fair working order and keeping the peace!!

7. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thats how I got my last post deleted because i went after him...
    I was laughing how mohawk gave me demographics of who reported me as flaming. The fact he had a breakdown of the pro/hate posters freaks me out to no end..

BTW Aet then you'll love this.. around the time I was shooting down curious's lies.. i mean he bragged in posts about helping others setup widgets, html, etc.. yet he couldnt spell site correctly he kept saying 'sight'! I mean if your tech savy even alittle thats a typo any geek wouldnt mix up...

Anyways.. curiouscat around the same day was on the EU forums praising the JIVE software and such.

If you look at his posting history you will also see that 90% of his activity has been since the change and him posting pro comments all over like his little polls with very narrow options to pick from that would be negative to the forum change.

Its more and more proof to me that the forums lost their objectivity..

Then again if the next round on HCV is DOA... that should be even a huge wake-up call..

I mean if they cant convince people to do their jobs inside HOME.. then omg.. sony will need to actually make their people work in NA ...

8. Caspearious

Caspearious SC4RY LURK3R D00D

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Aeternitas, thanks, it's nice being here!

So this might be the beginning of a pitch campaign for JIVE software in EU? Someone better start the battle there to stop JIVE. Because it is only a matter of time before the EU falls, as well. :(

9. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    If the software worked it would be nice. I do like some of the new features. They certainly don't excuse the fact that the basic forum mechanics don't work or aren't even available. Come on being able to go to the first unread discussion in a thread is simply normal forum protocol. Boggles the mind that there are so many issues.

The last post to the Home forum this morning was over 40 minutes ago. That is amazing.

10. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Well i'm not able to post again, even logging out and removing cookies and everything not fixing it again so i give up to they fix the problems.

11. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Well hun again like Mohawk and curious said 'we've fixed alot of the issues happening and the site loads faster too'

I agree too some of the features are useful but 2/10 is not the best options to go with..

The mod I had spoke with had agreed with me they need to do like Harmony said in their article.. take samples from this and Lithiums setup to make a unique board..

Worse issue is mohawks been lying for awhile now.. keep in mind wooly created alot of skins and themes for the setup in a matter of days..

Yet Mohawk said they have to do this and that and it will take awhile to get chances started...

BUT - he said they already fixed alot of issues.. but he never at anytime says 'what' was fixed.

12. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    I was trying to post the following because its still not been addressed.

13. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    Well one of the issues he appears to have fixed is that he banned you so that is one less bee in his bonnet. He is certainly not on my gift list. Sounds like a real tyrant and certainly not open for discussion or constructive criticism.

14. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Well, given enough time and money I'm sure the problems with the forums can be worked out. I just wonder though how much money they're willing to devote to the forums since saving money was probably their main motivation for switching to Jive. My guess is that they won't fix anything that they don't absolutely have to fix, and instead will try to convince people to just go with what we have.

15. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    ^^
    Im slowly escalating this ban on me...
    I gave them 2 days to email me with why and for how long..

Then I sent a form via the sites "contact me" link
    - I'll give them 3 business days to respond

Then I'll look into writing an article and submitting it to IGN and game informer...

:D Im a nice person till I get pushed into not being nice!!

I love the saying "Im here to chew bubble gum and kick ass... I ran out of bubble gum"

16. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Carla, I sympathize with you. It can be so hard right now to log into the forums and post, that I can't blame anyone for just giving up. As for your concerns, I did get a response from Mohawktown today, so I believe he is aware of our concerns. But if you'd like I could PM your message to him, explaining that you're having trouble with forum access.

Or, where were you trying to make your post? In the feedback thread? I could post it for you if you'd like?

17. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    If you look at VUZE, and other groups who use JIVE .. their formats are the same as the sony one..

Based of the HARMONY article 10-1 JIVE will blame sony for any delay in changes and vice versa...

It's obvious the minority is in favor of JIVE.. so honestly if within Jan 2011 alot of changes dont happen then Aet is right..

Then again if wooly keeps coming out with solutions they may pass the buck to the community to fix the site their way and possibly sell the JIVE format as a 'customize it how you like' ... its going to be a shell game..

Then again Mohawk did originally post as his own little shell game how 'he plans alot of forum only contest, etc', to hide the issues.

18. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    .. aet ..

Hasnt all the mods since the change said 'they've been aware of the concerns, etc'...

19. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    I had already sent him a pm, with the message. the pm system is about the only thing i can use.

20. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    >.> if you guys are getting all these communications by PM I wonder why chad's PM's are being ignore the last 2 days..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted