Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Official US Forums, have your say.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C.Birch, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I.. had to give them the benefit aeter..

Good or bad everyone deserves a chance even if its just once.

But, right now it looks like its just mohawk who's doing these nazi tactics..

2. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    Wow! Sorry to hear you were banned. That is not a good sign. The community will suffer long term and sadly it already is now in a big way.

I'm really curious if any MVP's or any in the Forum community beta tested this site for input of if they just simply went ahead and made the change? Seems North America now has a buggy forum to go along with it's buggy version of Home.

It remains to be seen what if any changes will come to the mechanics of the forum in the short term. Not being able to post is somewhat basic and it's mind boggling to me that this is even an issue.

Joanna

Edit: I would also consider PM'ing Mercury Valentine – if you can't I can PM her for you with your message. Being banned for expressing your opinion is not something the so called Head Moderator should be able to do especially if you truly haven't broken any rules. She should at least be aware of the facts as to what has happened. I truly believe she is a bit upset with what is going on as well. I don't think she or the HCM's for that matter had any idea of what the response would have been to the change.

They need to know that the head moderator is certainly not one that should remain in that position.

3. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    btw carla and aeter.. still no email..

So I guess this does prove aeter's point that they are now switching to power tactics and kicking off anyone who disagree's with them or calls them out for being unjust.. basically mohawk is right and we are wrong.

I'll keep checking throughout the day to see if they have the nerve to send me an email stating why I'm banned

But-i doubt they will.. mohawk would have to admit that he banned me for saying the truth.

4. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    I can not see to much swapping to fast to make any diff, main problem is with the software and thats up to Jive to sort out and fix and there track record is of buggy and broke software so it's not looking to great.

5. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Ohh according to mohawk he claimed the new site was beta tested.

Funny how I dont remember him saying that when people first asked but now he was claiming it.

I think it was aet who called him out on that and said if thats true you need to relook at the range of people you had beta test this because its obvious the mass's who use the site are not happy.

And Joanna I did my own searching via Oracle, VUZE, Linden Labs who use JIVE and their formats look just like the one now.

No cosmetic changes as best i could see..

But keep in mind I first called mohawk for a liar and incompetnent when he tried to hide all the issues behind 'contests' they were going to hold in the forums for the users of it. When I told him the users want a stable place to talk not stupid prizes he shut up..

My 'contact' in the mods had admitted that mohawk is the lead moderator in the group and under pressure from the 'big boss's' to get the place under control. So, it will be funny to see what happens but in the end will anyone feel comfortable dealing with and knowing there is a moderator who is selectively deleting posts he doesnt agree with.

Not sony... but him alone...

See when my posts and kit kats vanished my contact said they didnt do it but when it was posted mohawk was beginning to kill post I asked them 'what is going on'. They said they absolutely didnt delete those post's but would check with mohawk to find out if he did it.. that was just after I got my 'mark on my profile' and then banned.

6. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    You should get a e-mail with any warning or bans really, inless they have picked to just ban you from the forum, but still a company like Sony should really e-mail you about it.

7. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Ohh I can answer this too.. if you go to the link in aets harmony post.

Its the thread from JIVE's forums about Harmony!!

JIVE and long time pro JIVE users were quick to say that its not their fault and that its up to the contractor to setup the layouts, options, etc. They all quickly absolved JIVE of wrong doing saying Harmony should have tested layouts, databases's, etc.

:) Can you see where the arguments are going to go here with Sony and JIVE?

Sony already said via their MODS that they have no control over things..

So we began blaming JIVE...

Once their bosss come back from 'new years' who can be predicted the finger goes to next...

8. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I agree too... I use two emails @hotmail & @gmail for contact with my friends on PSN.

I just checked them and nothing...

But Carla.. then again based on what chad told me...

They deleted my goodbye post in HOME section..

And I read the TOS too.. My post had no vulgarity...it simply said im sick of his doublestandards and how he can insult and bait us into flaming but hes not held to the same standards he expects to hold the community too.

So this ban is illegeal... he knows its... the only rule I broke was hurting his pride which is a very shallow pool...

I could understand if I used some profanity, etc but i was very controlled and factual in my post.

Why I knew he would not allow it and put the same info in my forum profile :p which I knew he cant touch...

Helps being an admin you know the limits of power!!

9. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Errors like not being able to post should always come down the software company, who very very likely set the place up for Sony also. Its a shame really and its clear its having a effect on posting rate just by looking at the forums.

Anyway on a lighter note, i hope your finding this forum easy to use. Who knows Joanna might just post a fshion thread here yet lol.

10. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oh I like them hopefully more will come here from the Sony forums!!

I like the options you setup and at least its linked to alot of interesting articles too!

Personally it would be nice to see the others come over here enmasse hun..

And I may start up posting pics here asap..

:p Beat Joanna to it

Lets Help Carla's place grow!!

11. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    I tryed to add has much to make its more Home based as i can, eg like letting you show your fav personal space, plus the full clubs system. And you got personal blogs :)

12. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Your work shows.. !

Im just sorry it took this situation for me to see what the Sony forums could possibly be!

Right now your forum has the feel of the EU Sony forums more personal.

Im liking it

13. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    The little things really do matter with forums and community and it be so easy for Sony to add them, little things like:

Calendar: so users can post there events (and in doing so it auto makes a thread as well)
    Clubs page: so users can post about there home clubs and have there own club chats and post club events and so on.

And other little things, just to make it feel more like a community for Home, i mean SCEJ have done it with there site why not SCEA & SCEE?

14. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    ... i've said many times before...

I wonder if its just the amount of demands NA users make..

I remember one time a HOME mod told me that 'To sony your money is just something to wipe our ass's with"

He said that it meant.. to Sony your money you spend means nothing to them..

After this adventure with mo... i finally understood it

15. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
  16. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Sadly now I cant see how 'active' the home section is..

Yesterday I timed it at an average of 30min-1hr between postings

17. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Well back to doing my gangsta looks in home then ;p

18. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    and also back is the blogs link in the menu hehe, Have a happy new year anyway.

19. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Oh and a little tip, if you want to quote a part of a post easy, just highlight the part you want to quote and press the quote link that shows up ;)

20. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    :0 must recruit more people to come here

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted