Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Official US Forums, have your say.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C.Birch, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Aet... >.> do you NOT notice in that thread.. there is NO email address.. so you cant send an email to 'them' if they dont give you one.

You'd have MORE luck finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow seriously :p

and I did wait nearly 3 days before I sent an email via websupport...

I wouldnt have even found this link if a mod didnt edit it so it appeared in the 'recent' flag of the last 2 weeks..

2. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I dont know.. maybe this?

"In addition to the Official Rules of Conduct, the PlayStation.com Forums Moderating Team may choose to implement additional forum policies at their discretion for day-to-day matters which are not explicitly covered by the Official Rules of Conduct."

Or again the fact that moderators are not letting themselves be held to the same standards they demand the community to be held to? Thats why I got into this 'mess' was I was openly disgusted with his policy enforcements.

3. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Sorry Kitty, I deleted my own post. Retyping it now.

*insert profanity here*

I just deleted my post again. I keep hitting that huge "Reply to Thread" :(

4. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    With regards to the email address, I don’t think they were trying to hide it from you. I wouldn’t expect to see an email address in a list of Sony policies. But given how confusing the forums are right now, I can understand how that would have made things more difficult for you.

Regarding the “implementing additional policies” I can’t argue with that, especially not after what I saw happening on the forums this past weekend. The mods are partly responsible for safeguarding the forums. They have to be able to carry out that responsibility.

What I would suggest to you, is that you try to get some perspective on this. Mohawktown is just a guy trying to do a job, and right now it must be a migraine-inducing job. You and I were both making his job much more difficult at one point, and that would have upset anyone. I know it’s hard to be objective when you’ve already been banned, but you need to try. As I was saying before, you’re not going to accomplish anything if you play into their expectations.

5. crow6828

crow6828 i'm not crazy really

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    now i know this might be a crazy threoy but after reading one of norse threads it got me to thinking. norse was talking about how many older gamers are on home and maybe that is the same case on the forums also. maybe they thought there would be a bunch of teens and little kids there to praise them at how cool home is and everything they do with it in the forums. but instead they got more of the older gamers complaining about all the stuff they said it would have and doesn't.

now with what has been going on there in the new forums, anytime you questions the mods on there conduct with valid points the post are removed or you are banned. also not being able to share info about codes and at one point not talk about other reigons ( still not sure if you can or not lol ). older gamers will not put up with that kind of stuff and most will leave instead of staying to deal with it. everyone that has been on the forums before the change can tell the drop off and as i write this there is only 5 or 6 topics that someone has posted in the last hour. before you would have maybe 2 or 3 topics like that. so it make you wonder are they trying to weed out the older gamers to try and get the younger gamers to come in a praise them like they thought at first.

again i know it might be crazy and that more then likely is not the case. but it does make you wonder lol :)

6. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I don't think they're trying to drive away older gamers, no. I do think they have an unjustified belief that those who have left can easily be replaced by new gamers (regardless of their age).

One thing I would agree with, is that you can't push older gamers around. They won't put up with it.

7. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    Well the forum is like a graveyard at the moment. The activity level is really low. Sort of at the level now of the EU English Home forums. Almost not worth hanging out there anymore. I find that really sad for a forum rat like myself. I love multi-tasking while working. I guess now I'll just have to work or find another addiction!

Oh boo!

They've really managed to screw it up big time. Be interesting to see if and when it ever comes back as a viable active place to spend time.

8. crow6828

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    i know how you feel joanna, but maybe when the conspiracy game get here it will help boots the ps forums again :).

Aet lol yea i know they are not trying to run the old gamers on purpose, that is just the conspiracy theorist in me :). but with the ps forums so queit you have to think with this change and in such a short amount of time they have really dismantled the community that they would rethink the whole jive system. i know if i was working there i would be worried about it but that is just me.

9. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Im kind of agreeing with that.. it does seem like they are under the idea that they can replace the old posters with the new.

Sadly what they forget is the older posters, etc are the ones who helped show the newer posters the forum in the first place.

If the older ones are gone .. what are the new ones going to think.

10. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Problem is you get like the EU forum has now, just spam.

11. Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Wouldnt it boil down to the lesser of two evils?

Dead as a ghost town

or alive with a high amount of spam?

12. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    I seriously hope that Locust and Glasswalls especially – who I think is really the one who was against other regions content given he had Pm'd me at one time to try and get me to stop posting the EU Blog – are having serious pause about what they've done.

I suppose the forum is easier to moderate when no one is posting. That's a plus.

13. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    NEWS FLASH!!

Hey the official forum did just get a post in one thread after over an hour – oh wait that is the IREM Thread! LoL

• Like Like x 1
    • crow6828

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      roflmao that is so bad it is funny. i was so happy that i could read the forums again even though i can't sign-in. but now to see it how it is i would rather not be able to read it if it meant that it could got back to the way it was.

• Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Hmm well.. I guess looking at all the comments currently.

It seems the userbase is split.. you have the pro sides like aets comments and the negative side like mine.
      Along with the post drop...

I wonder if this is actually similar to how Harmony went down?

And if so.. will Sony realize the problems or ignore them?

• Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Well, my first comment is that as I suspected, once people leave they don’t come back easily. I think we’re seeing that now. People for the most part are now able to post. But they’ve either lost interest or are afraid to. I hear words like censorship and intimidation being used a lot these days, and if this is how veterans perceive the forums, then what must the newer people think? It’s really tragic, but what do you expect when you treat people who love the forums as if they’re the enemy just because they’re trying to tell you you’ve made a huge mistake?

And the timing couldn’t be worse, now that LockwoodVoice is on the forums, and this is what they see when they log in – a ghost town. I wonder what they think of the fact that their paying customers have been run off the forums, either through technical issues or intimidation?

Edit. Ok, forget what I was just saying about being able to post. Last night I was having problems with Chrome and had to switch to Firefox. Now this morning I'm having posting problems with Firefox. This is so beyond ridiculous.

• Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
      Valued Member

Ratings:
      +37 /2
      Well I was going to post the Audi news but then again why bother. At some point I'll test the waters for other region news because it's getting to be where I don't care one way or the other anymore. They've made it so you can't feel comfortable expressing yourself. I don't like having posts deleted, threads gone missing and posts edited as they see fit when personally I don't believe any of what I posted required any action at all.

• Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Well, I suspect if you did post it it would be deleted or locked, because it's clearly news about other regions. Personally I think it's important news that we should be discussing, but I'm happy to discuss it here on Carla's forums instead of the "official" ones.

• Diamond_Dust

Diamond_Dust ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ Innocent ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Without us, they'd have nothing to moderate, so no job to do. So... no job.

• Kitty_Pyra

Kitty_Pyra Active Member

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Heh I just saw diamonds post and peeked via guest still at the sony forums and see... another mod got added?

o_O;;;

With all these add-ons ... are the forums picking up or something?
      I mean i saw only 4 topics with under 30 minute last post in home...

Verification:
    Draft saved Draft deleted