Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP Japan Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    There are some links that open up to YouTube-like videos regarding the PSN outage and their response on what they're gonna do on the Japan Home Wiki page. Unfortunately, it is all in Japanese of course, but I'm certain Faga or Strider might translate their answers. It's under the 5/1/11 Release! link that's on the very top page when you go in.

2. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    The Youtube videos is the Sony press that they did on 5/1/11. The info given is basically given on the US/EU blogs and the Q/A at the end of the video isn't that much informative either.

3. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    @Faga: Thanks for clearing that up. Did they mention for the SCJE that they'll extend the Toro Station pay premium period for one month free, along with other free content and bonus PS + memberships?

4. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Hey Recca, what does premium give you on toro station?

5. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Now I understand the purpose of that red button in the Irem space with the headquarters building. I've always wondered if anything else was going to happen with that space. The underground tunnels seemed rather pointless.

6. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    You get a choice of "house" for the cats that you can select, unlock more articles from each issue on Fridays, exclusive Toro rewards, and get 1000 (?) cat currency to start. Plus, each stamp game you play gets your Home reward or Toro reward early (3 per story, instead of the usual 2). It is 800 yen for one month subscription for the premium, but there are other options they've added. I don't remember what they are. Anyone know, and how to change them?

If you can't pay the monthly Toro premium, you'll be kicked out until you can pay the premium account again. You will be able to keep the "house" and everything that was inside/outside your "house" after you we're kicked.

7. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Oh cool! Thanks Recca!!

So you can get a house, then stop paying the premium and still keep the house, right?

Hmmm... woulld have liked to have gotten some of those extras. Like the Miku and Macross stuff. :D

8. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    Hey guys, there's an absolutely fascinating interview that LilBlueEyes posted -- gives an idea of the Japanese viewpoint about us, from a Tokyo professor who frequently uses NA Home:

A Japanese in the Land of the Gaijin

9. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    I don't have an answer to the extension of the premium. I did make a tweet to the president of Bexide (creators of Toro station) and hope to get an answer, but can't guarantee anything.

10. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Yes, but you won't be living in your new home if you stop payment. You'll be kicked out to the curb at their old place until you can pay it again. Payments are automatically deducted in your yen account every month. Also, I forgot to mention about having premium, you'll get double the cat currency in every issue. So, for example, going through one story is 50 cat currency, but with premium it's 100.

There is a Macross Frontier story that gives you posters in the game, and winners from the Miku design T-shirt contest later last year are also available to buy in the game to wear for your avatar cat, with the exception of the exclusive Miku outfit (those were for the chosen winners only).

@Faga: Thanks for throwing the question to the Bexide guys. Hope to have an answer soon.

11. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    If you have a particular item, you can additionally earn a random percentage of cat currency to it. The random percentage goes from 1(?) to 100%, so the max you can get is 200 unless you get extra points during the news.

Example: 50 + 25(have item, random number 50%)+ 75(premium account 100%)=150

12. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    ack!

Those cruel cats! Demanding rent money?! Taking it automatically!? Kicking me out of my cat home?!?! TORO! you BASTICHE!!! :rofl:

No, that's not for me. I will not feed the cats each month. It's cyber. They shouldn't keep bleeding me like that. :p

I think I'll pass. I got some nice Miku and Macross for my tiny alley. I'll be happy with that. Too much money bleed on PSN...I think they ask too much money for virtual items....

13. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    What particular item gives you 200%? I never heard this until now.

14. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Do you have the golden maneki neko? If you have it, then displayed in your room and it will give you an extra percentage.

I was bored...and found this video. Just for fun ( ゚д゚)
    [video=youtube;UmQ5LsNMXZ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmQ5LsNMXZ4[/video]

15. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    HAHAHAHhAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!

16. Fiend009

Fiend009 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Lol. I want one of those now.

17. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    That was pretty funny! Thanks Faga for the laugh!

18. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Ah, thank you, Faga! I gotta get that gold neko now, whenever PSN is finally up. Awesome video too! ;)

19. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    LOL..Very funny vid Faga. It is getting frustrated and the lil' wooden box goes being rebellion! Ha ha, such a cute box... :p

20. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    BTW, speaking about Toro, I hope we will also be getting the other stamps for the Toro in-game cube pieces that we were trying to collect as well. Let's hope Sony Japan will let us have a break to get those other stamps and give us a free one month for premium users.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted