Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP Japan Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Got the silly rewards bug fixed at last, by being able to get the rewards total needed :)

2. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Is the Capcom Alphabet Quiz fixed now?

3. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    it wasn't this afternoon (french time), i could enter the game 3 times but we all been kicked out at the begining for the 1st time, then i had to leave for 2nd try and i froze at the last try so i didnt tried since that

4. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    double post just to say the capcom quiz is up again \^_^/
    i won 2nd chibi companion

new questions are online now, here are the first answers i got :

DYNAM-ite
    r-ADISH
    POWDE-r
    th-ERMOM-eter
    LOQUA-t
    SNEEZ-e
    SWING-by
    also a question with 6 lines containing 1=A, 2=B, 3=AB etc, answer is BAAAB

with only 5 spot to answer, there are
    BLACK
    SINGE
    HAYDN

enjoy ^^

5. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I just won a companion.

Some of the answers were...

MOSQU-ito
    PANTS (question had PUNCH in the first line)
    SOUTH
    THORN
    DEABC (question had ABCDEABCDEABC...just a letter sequence)

A couple of the answers mentioned above too. I even managed to blurt out the answer to SWING-by. I was so happy to provide some help there for a change.

I won the game a second time but did not earn another reward. Can you only win one per day?

6. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    The quiz rotates (not sure what the rotation schedule is, seems everyday except weekends, need more data)

So far it was: (Japan time)
    Thurs - Cool
    Fri - Happy
    Sat - Happy
    Sun - Broken
    Mon - Cool

Each has about 25 to 30 questions. You should be able to know which reward will be given by looking at the question or answer. So far we haven't seen Smile's part of the quiz.

• Like Like x 1
    • ReccaWolf

Ratings:
      +89 /13
      I hope they'll come out with a Capcom ship companion too, along with Smile. Perhaps next Thursday update they will do that...

• faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +113 /3
      Today's quiz is for Happy. We could probably assume it goes by this schedule.

Predicted Schedule: (Noted in Japan time, changes at 9am daily)
      Thurs - Cool
      Fri - Happy
      Sat - Happy
      Sun - Broken (Possibly Smile)
      Mon - Cool
      Tues - Happy
      Wed - ??? (Hopefully Smile)

Happy gets an extra day (need confirmation), and hopefully Smile comes tomorrow working this time.

• MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
      +1 /0
      Just won the Happy companion

Some of the answers were...

uk-ULELE (Make sure to spell this one right, someone said ELELE and it cost us the round)
      Pi-CASSO
      JAPAN
      DREAM
      ORION
      umb-RELLA
      e-NGINE
      l-OVELY (I think)

• Baron_Brain

Baron_Brain Notorious Dis-Member
      Valued Member

Ratings:
      +21 /1
      Uh-oh FF... what are you volunteering my for? :confused:
      I assume it has something to do with this Capcom… quiz (?) or whatever it is. Is this the same thing Strider mentioned something to me a few days ago, something about receiving Capcom girls as actives? Apologies if I appear confused (I am… very!), but due to a series of some nasty events in the real world my family is dealing with, I'm WAAAY behind on all things Home right now. Guess I have some reading & catching up to do here.
      I'll be glad to help out if & when I can, but for right now I'm very likely useless.

Er… I've got a tiny bit of yen left in Japan (maybe ¥450 max)… why FF? Are they charging for this Capcom Quiz dealie? If so, then the chances I'll participate are slim to none. You are correct, I have indeed dropped spending… not just in Japan, but in ALL Home regions actually. Once I've run out of whatever funds are left, that's it for me. I currently have no interest in wasting any more of my money within Home.

I'm frankly appalled at what Sony has already turned Home into, especially in North America. What used to be this grand experiment & incredible innovation in social networking is quickly become nothing more than just another online site focused far more on selling as many virtual items to its members as possible than anything else. We're repeatedly told in the Blog and in the Message of the Day to buy, buy, BUY… everything else in Home is seemingly secondary now. With few exceptions (such as LOOT), prices have gone up across the board, and we keep getting more & more virtual avatar crap each week. Yet seriously annoying bugs never get fixed; spaces disappear never to return (contrary to Sony's "temporarily gone" statements); items we've lost are never returned… any Sony takes little notice. (You'd think they'd at least have fixed the half-sized furniture that comes with the default apartment by now…) Anyway, the more Sony pimps itself out, the less interest I have in participating. Maybe it's just me…

• Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
      +67 /2
      Sorry Baron. Just remembered how interested you were in the Capcom rewards. You were one of the few who paid the Capcom girls alot of daily attention to get the shirts back then. I thought you might want to get the new rewards.

Basically, to summarize: You buy a 300 yen crown from Capcom. That allows you to participate in a quiz on the top floor of the Capcom lounge. To play in the quiz, 5 people work as a team. Together you have to spell out the correct word. It's pretty easy from what I hear. The other users usually know the answer and will help you. The reward (and answers) change daily. Sofar 3 different chibi versions of the capcom girls were rewarded as companions. Each day gave a different girl.

No quiz on the weekend. And Monday the quiz had an error. No idea what happens for today.

btw- I think alot of us are turning off of Home. We are there when there's something new. But the program has become so focused on us SPENDING, that there's much left for us to do once we checked out (or bought) the new stuff. Thursday is a mad rush, but come sunday, alot of friends aren't logging in to Home.

• Baron_Brain

Baron_Brain Notorious Dis-Member
      Valued Member

Ratings:
      +21 /1
      Actually, to this day, I've only received a single shirt from the Girls. Yup, that's all… I actually still try when I come in, but nothing ever happens. I assume the space has glitched out on me, since I know others who started the event only this year, who've already received their second shirt (within 2-3 weeks of having received the first one).

As for the crown, that is one fugly expensive item. I'm not entirely sure I want to spend my very last bit of ¥ on that thing. (Edit: AIIEEEE… the horror… the horror! I just saw a couple of the little creepy little actives… and I used to think the Zuni Fetish Doll from "Trilogy of Terror" was a sinister little bugger! My eyes are bleeding… You're supposed to sell your soul to the Devil, not pay him to take it away — in other words, I'd take the dolls for free, but no way am I paying for the privilege…)

Anyway, thanks for the quick summary, I appreciate it. I'm still wading through the last 20 pages or so in here trying to make sense out of everything going on.

One other quick question FF: Do you have any idea how to obtain the three "Sayonara no Tsubasa Advertising Poster" rewards that I saw listed on the Atwiki site? Were those part of that MacrossF rental dealie a couple months back that included the "Ranka Lee Everchanging Mic" reward? (Note: For those wondering, "Sayonara no Tsubasa" — "The Wings of Farewell" — is the title of the second MacrossF theatrical film, currently playing in Japan.)

I'm still shocked at how quickly Sony managed to alter the focus of Home… at least 3+ years of development & ongoing "beta" testing derailed in a matter of 3-4 months, perhaps irreparably so. I feel like Home has crossed over into They Live territory, as we're constantly bombarded from all sides with messages instructing us to "OBEY", "BUY", and "SPEND" — not asking us, but telling us. (I suspect that behind each poster and billboard are other subliminal messages touting: "NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT"; "DO NOT QUESTION SONY'S AUTHORITY"; or "THIS IS YOUR GOD! PlayStation®Home").

Everything is just so concentrated on the spending aspect now… but so long as people gladly pay whatever Sony or the other developers ask, I doubt things will ever improve. For myself, it's not a question of affordability (I can easily afford to purchase anything on offer), it's more a matter of practicality & common sense. I'd much rather spend my money on a real world item I'll get a lot of enjoyment from (for example, Tomb Raider Trilogy) than pay an overinflated charge for a non-existant virtual item (i.e., that Mansion personal space).

But again, that's just me. Your mileage may (and likely will) vary.

• MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
      +1 /0
      I personally think the little companions are cute. As for the last part, I couldn't agree with you more. Well stated.

• Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
      +7 /2
      There a lot more one shirt from the capcom girls. I have 4 shirts! Aslo 300 yen for 3 pets so far is way better then any other pay to play thing plus a free crown Aslo about video games over virtual items once i bet the game it will sit there on my self. Until I either sell back for crap or give it to a friend. With virtual items I can wear what ever i got every time i set into home (not like make you buy the items either) or revisit apt so friend can see it or get reward. With video games you have to buy to play with Home (You dont need to buy clothes and or apts in home that is your choice) There are over 700 rewards in north american home over 1000 in japan. Name the last time a company gave away a free game to everyone (That wasnt a demo or a trail)

• Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Dead Space: Extraction is Deadlier With PlayStation Move – PlayStation Blog

Buy Dragon Age II, Get Mass Effect 2 Free

Not sure if there is any more, but I think Tell Tale Game first episode of Back to the Future for PC was free. :p Hee hee..

• Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
      +7 /2
      You have to buy another game to get free game. (With home here where free items without having to buy things) and the way back to future works is it like trail. Since you not stop one espide and they know that

• Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Yeah, I know, but hey, its full/but partly full BTTF 1 out of 5 episode game. :p Yeah, but at least with Dragon Age 2 you get Mass Effect 2 free and its a studio appreciation to the gamers that follow their IP (Intellectual Property) as fan. Indeed nothing is free in life, but to spend on something and get something else for free is no complaint for me. :eek:

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
      +89 /13
      I usually tend to spend my yen or any currency my way after getting the new items from Home. But, I usually also save until another pay for play item comes around as well. Even after getting the new rewards, I sometimes go back and replay any of the other Home games just to complete them, i.e. Dolphy races or Resistance.

• Firefly

Ratings:
      +67 /2
      Yup that is it. You got the posters with the Ranka Mic. But to be honest, those posters aren't that great. it's nice to have. But the posters could have been better.

I'll show them to ya the next time we're in JP. :D

• Firefly

Ratings:
      +67 /2
      Awesome link!!! Thanks Art!

And yeah, the first episode is for free if you have Mac or PC. I bought it. It's alot of fun sofar. In a nice bit of surprise casting, the actress who played the original Jennifer (Marty's girlfriend), aka Claudia Wells, will return to voice Jennifer again. She dropped out of the series because her mother was dying of cancer.

YouTube - Back to the Future Behind the Scenes: How We Got Jennifer

Btw I can add that if you buy the second Dissidia game (Dissidia Duodecim 012), you get the first game for FREE. The second game is a prequel. And when you complete the game, the second game is unlocked.

Verification:
    Draft saved Draft deleted