Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP Japan Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    ***(rocking lmao on the "gypsy doom box"... thanks ;) Do you guys like the appealing Japanese hue on it? It's called "Dark Orchid" #9932CC on YPSH's color palette.) But I digress :) At any rate I agree that the hearts make the round box a bit too over the top. Of course I do think that if we all knew what design was on the actual lid cover, it would probably influence the vote tremendously.

It goes without saying that if "we" all liked and stuck to the same things, none of us boorish gaijin would be off visiting Virtual Japan, right?

As for the rampant micro-transaction, in some ways I find an industry geared to the impulse-buying of $0.49 priced virtual products, ones that produce no waste and no pollution and yet still can be enjoyed, to be more gratifying than the business that builds a not-so-cheap "smart TV" for $525 and sells them for $1,059. (I shudder to think what the original markup was on the Sony Walkman). On the other hand, when Home starts offering an LMO for $9.99 and I see more than one person talking themselves into buying one, I have no idea what to think about that. Depends on both the cleverness of the developer in creating something that desirable and on the gullibility of the end-user, I guess.

• Like Like x 2
    • Okamiwolf

Okamiwolf Member

Ratings:
      +1 /0
      Yeah the environmental advantages of virtual goods and microtransactions should not be downplayed. The economic way of the future methinks. OTOH, with so many people's heads buried in their virtual screens all day, fewer and fewer are stopping to look outside and realize how wrecked our environment is becoming (song birds dying off etc. etc.), or more importantly, putting down their electronics long enough to take physical/political action and do something about it in the real world. At the rate we're going in a century we'll all be living in glass domed cities in virtual green and white fantasy lands with poisoned soil/air right outside the window.

• Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
      +9 /1
      Come to think of it, despite Japanese filmmakers having a long fascination with the impact of society and pollution on the environment-- for ex. Princess Mononoke and Godzilla-- I don't see much evidence of that popular concern in JP Home, do you? With the possible exception of Edo in flames, it's as if all the "monster spirits" like kappa and oni and ayakashi in Home are practically a normal part of the background, like they are supposed to be there. Let's just say Dr. Hibiki-san wants us to research, cultivate and weaponize the alien-derived Peakvox monsters rather than attempt to contain them.... :D

• mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
      +47 /6
      #4764 mad-man, Feb 5, 2014
      Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    • ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +89 /13
      #4765 ReccaWolf, Feb 5, 2014
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
      Yay! Maid box wins! Finally, I won another choice reward!

This one's a quiz, and the correct Shoei Quiz answer is "spear" (middle option) -

Chatting Farm has opened a new Valentine's Day event for the next 2 weeks starting now. You'll receive an orange dipped with chocolate slice for a mouthpiece reward (glasses item) from one of the event quests and an orange scarf and mittens set from the Ash Tree once you completed all the event quests. However, you just need to finish the orange slice event quest reward, if you completed and gotten your green and pink scarf and mittens sets from the previous events last year. If you don't have the green & pink scarf & mitten sets from last year, don't worry! The middle and bottom event quests have the same event quest that will unlock the scarf & mittens you missed last year. Not to mention, the hub space is releasing more Valentine seeds until Feb. 26th.

Valentine's Day garden event quest will end Feb. 26th and the Ash Tree orange scarf & mitten quest will end March 5th. The orange scarf & mitten set also rewards the planter big Minori when worn. ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • ReccaWolf

Ratings:
        +89 /13
        #4766 ReccaWolf, Feb 7, 2014
        Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
        Valentine's Day event in Chatting Farm:

Orange Perot Chocolate: Trade with the Hub Girl 3000 in FC using orange plants from the following D and C seeds given to you. It's easy to just make 4 seeds out of the D seed morning glory and then make 4 orange plants from the D++ seeds.

Pink Border - Muffler & Mittens (2013 Valentine Event): Trade 2 of each of the following plants with the Hub Girl with a Minori of 1 - Milk Chocolate Rose, Strawberry Chocolate Rose, Lavender Heart Ribbon

Green Border - Muffler & Mittens (2013 White Day Event): Trade 2 of each of the following plants with the Hub Girl with a Minori of 1 - Chocolate Rose, Crystal Heart Ribbon, Burning Heart Ribbon

Ash Tree reward - Orange Border - Muffler & Mittens - Orange Valentine Event:

Complete and earn the Orange Perot Chocolate reward and the pink & green scarf and mittens rewards from this year's event garden quests to get the orange scarf & mittens.

Remember, if you earned the pink and green scarf & mittens last year, you can just do the Orange Perot Chocolate reward event garden quest and then get the new scarf and mittens from the Ash Tree in Home Square. This new scarf gives you a big Minori bonus when you wear it.

• Baron_Brain

Baron_Brain Notorious Dis-Member
        Valued Member

Ratings:
        +21 /1
        #4767 Baron_Brain, Feb 8, 2014
        Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
        It's official, I am so lost with the farm stuff now. I was going to try and do these, but I've not been there in ages, and none of it even remotely rings a bell. I give up… I have far better things to spend my time on. Like getting a bit more sleep than 2 hours a night first and then trying again afresh…

[fieldset=Sterling Malory Archer][justif]"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."[/justif][/fieldset]
        Sent via my iPhone using telepathy & a bit of pixie dust…

• CMCSAVAGE

CMCSAVAGE Member

Ratings:
        +10 /0
        #4768 CMCSAVAGE, Feb 15, 2014
        Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
        There was a GAW Tweet yesterday, not really sure what it meant. I wasn't able to get there until today, so I'm not sure if there was something in the exchange for just one day??

Japan Home Discussion Thread, CMCSAVAGE, Feb 15, 2014, 3:21 PM, YourPSHome.net, JPG, GAW.JPG

Google translate didn't make it any easier....LOL

"Today It is Valentine's Day. I is also the "Day of Chocolate". The sale in the acclaimed trick vending shop at (Shop) homemade Sakuya-san [chocolate bar]"

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
        +89 /13
        Probably means the chocolate bar bait is half off? Not really sure myself. I'll have to see.

Wished GAW made another update for their rewards list and their Theater again.

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
        +89 /13
        #4770 ReccaWolf, Feb 19, 2014
        Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
        Okay, guys, Shoei Kingdom today gave us another choice vote for the jersey suits (Not to be confused with the track suits. These have wings on the back, like the white and black ones.) You can pick either two - red or orange. Again, I've given you the japanese text that goes with what picture when you vote.

I really like red than the orange color, IMO.

レッド
        Japan Home Discussion Thread, Jan 8, 2011, 5:55 PM, YourPSHome.net, 1455
        オレンジ
        Japan Home Discussion Thread, Jan 8, 2011, 5:55 PM, YourPSHome.net, 1455

• Baron_Brain

Valued Member

Ratings:
        +21 /1
        #4771 Baron_Brain, Feb 20, 2014
        Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
        Definitely agree with you on the red suits Recca! The orange ones just seem too… well, Playskool® (© 2014 Hasbro. All rights reserved.) was the first thing that came to mind.

By the way, since I sorta missed-out on the first track suit voting round, what were the color choices? Same? Different? Thanks!!

ADDENDUM: Paula (my wife) just saw the suits. She says, and I quote:
        [accordion=bright|80%]
        {slide="Eeeyeeech¹! The orange one really makes her look fat (and frumpy). " click me…|center}
        ¹ And don't forget to scrunch up your face in mock disgust when reading/saying this!​
        {/slide}[/i][/accordion]Perhaps something extra to consider when debating your voting decisions?

[fieldset=Sterling Malory Archer][justif]"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."[/justif][/fieldset]
        Sent via my Braincom or BrainPADD using magic & a bit of pixie dust…

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
        +89 /13
        #4772 ReccaWolf, Feb 20, 2014
        Definitely agree with you on the red suits Recca! The orange ones just seem too… well, Playskool® (© 2014 Hasbro. All rights reserved.) was the first thing that came to mind.
        The track suits were a choice between navy blue & yellow. They also had a different title on the back on them from voting, like the light blue Popularity track suit and the red Community track suit. Navy blue won, but I lost on that vote thanks to Afromaniacgreen telling me that everyone had the blue track suit from the bike glitch, so it was more likely yellow would win. Unfortunately, it did not, but I hope it'll come back later in their final round of choice votes. Still hoping for the all win items vs. all losing items choice vote as their grand finale. Afro was happy to make my request heard through SCEJ, so I do hope they'll make that request come true, since many people are not happy losing and how the system vote changed.

By the way, the suits are jersey suits, not track suits. These have the wings on the back, like the white and black ones. I'll fix that from the above post now.

• mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
        +47 /6
        Got the king statue, thans recca,
        This time i will vote for red track suit.
        The reason related to old Japanese animation
        Mobile suit gudam, the red comet robot.
        Lol

• Like Like x 1
        • Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
          +9 /1
          #4774 Kindle, Feb 21, 2014
          Hold it-- I'm a little confused. These "jersey suits" have wings on their backs???? Wings would make them a lot more desirable than otherwise.

Also I'm afraid I'll have to throw a monkey wrench into the decision-making process here. Yes, we can all agree that under normal circumstances, everyone would be voting for the dark Red suits. (Sort of a no-brainer there...) However, let's not forget that, right now, there are legions of JP users currently running around wearing this particular hot-ticket item:

[bimg=Orange Border Muffler & Mittens]http://i58.tinypic.com/ixs32p.jpg[/bimg]
          報酬:オレンジボーダー・マフラー&ミトン(みのりの増加量が大きくアップする効果)Greatly augments effect of blooming minori

Yep that's the Talking Farm "Orange Border Muffler & Mittens" (bloom enhancing effect) reward and let me tell you, wearing that one item is always going to be popular due to its gameplay-enhancing attibutes, but orange is still kinda hard to accessorize with. There's nothing really appropriate in anyone's inventory except maybe the kappa pumpkin head.

So... if no one's surveyed a few popular lounges and asked japanese users directly about the red vs orange color choice, it's going to be the same situation we had at Christmastime with the white tree, all over again. Please not stumble into that trap again if it can be easily avoided. :( Faga, martin, what do you guys think? The users who purchased the gardening coveralls will still be using their demin coveralls-- but I know there's still a large proportion of JP users who play Oshaberi Farm but who also don't have any other minori+ items to date.

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
          +89 /13
          Kindle, if you look at the color directly, the orange suit has a secondary color of pink, where the red suit has a secondary color of black. Even though the orange scarf and mittens would serve a good purpose with some color, you did say this yourself - orange is still kinda hard to accessorize with. So, it's loosely based on the main color of the outfit and what people would like. It has nothing to do with Oshaberi Farm or the attributes the new item has. I doubt these suits have anything to do with the points for Shoei, unless I was mistaken.

I'm not a huge fan of orange, so red was my obvious choice. If it loses, then it's my loss - just like the tracking suits. Honestly, I would've picked navy blue, but I listened to Afro about making the choice for yellow, and even THAT lost. :p

• Baron_Brain

Valued Member

Ratings:
          +21 /1
          Red. Already chosen on day one of the vote.

And since I'm slightly bored right now, here's another usually-unique alternative perspective of mine a mere handful of living Home souls (and one very-missed deceased gal) would publicly agree upon…

Truthfully, I couldn't care less about how this item fits/works with anything else in Home. I'm just going solely on the track suits' own merits — in this case, red just blows the orange away all around. Red = pseudo-classy, orange = Playskool® tasteless garb. Or again, as my non-politically-correct wife still insists, "nobody in their right mind would wear that, especially women since it makes you look fat."

And if I lose? So be it. Not something I'd ever lose sleep over. Frankly, in the grand scheme of Home rewards, these track suits fall under the "not something I remotely care a whit about" category. I rank 'em at about the same level as 99% of t-shirt rewards. Just… yeeech.

Of course, you have to also factor in that I find most Home clothing fashions to be truly hideous offerings I'd never be caught wearing dead or (especially) alive in reality, and the same rules apply to my avatar in the virtual world. Track suits are just a major faux pas for anyone who's not (1) on an Olympic team and forced to wear one by their country, or (2) a likely-senile very-aged male.

See? Said it was a uniquely-alternative viewpoint…;) + :rolleyes:

Anyway, I wish you all good luck, irregardless of your final color choice (and all previous goofiness aside, I do mean that)!

Sent via my Braincom or BrainPADD using magic & a bit of pixie dust…

• Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
          +9 /1
          There's a secondary color of pink on the orange?? Recca, I've noticed that you often seem to have access to better photos of the rewards than what we see on the SCEI site itself. Anyway, I mentioned before that picking Red is a no-brainer here, and so I'll go with my gut feeling on this. Especially since you say the secondary on the red jersey is black, and I'd happily wear deep burgundy-black any day of the year. I even voted for the red cycling suits and rather like them too.

I suppose the real reason I'm getting annoyed with these choice rewards is because in the collective wisdom of YPSH, we chose the Green Christmas Tree over the White one that won, and the Blue/White Teapot Set over the Silver one that won.
          But there were actually good reasons for those items getting the votes they did. Still, in the case of this jersey track suit in day-glo orange, there doesn't seem to be much cultural appreciation for that color in general. Red is still primo numero uno in the people's book, so there I feel better going to vote :love:

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
          +89 /13
          #4778 ReccaWolf, Feb 22, 2014
          Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
          You're not the only one that's annoyed here. Everyone in Japan is annoyed by this as well, and as complained to SCEJ/Playcom from questions about bringing the winner pick back to a different round to requests to make the final vote into an all winners vs. all losers vote. It's really upsetting, and I'm sure that no one has got 100% correct picking the right item. I know I haven't, I missed like 5 rewards so far. The only one that seems to have less or no complaints are the quiz votes, because you can find out the answer yourself or with friends and community.

All I know is that SCEJ/Playcom were undecided on what they will do with the choice votes so far, but they are taking requests and letting the staff know, so maybe we'll have the final vote being all winners vs. all losers round. We'll have to just wait and see how long the choice and quiz votes will go on, but it'd be idiotic, unfair, and upsetting if we don't get that latter final round vote.

• Okamiwolf

Okamiwolf Member

Ratings:
          +1 /0
          In real life I like orange clothing better than red (more unique and modern looking IMO) but in this case I'll vote red because the orange shade seems a tad off, and red is probably more likely to win.

• Like Like x 1
          • ReccaWolf

Ratings:
            +89 /13
            #4780 ReccaWolf, Feb 27, 2014
            Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
            New update in Japan Home today, but needs help translating. Sad news coming, people. Shoei Kingdom and Shoei Theater spaces will go bye-bye on March 26th. Also note, SF4 figurines and all costumes are NOT reduced!:

Notice of public lounge 2014.02.26 end
            With regard lounge that I have a favorable reception and " TeruEi kingdom " and " " TeruEi Kingdom " Royal projection room " ,
            Now that it has had the maintenance on Wednesday, March 26 , I am allowed to end the public .
            In addition , due to the end of the lounge , " " TeruEi Kingdom " Royal projection room " , in the PlayStation ® official YouTube channel
            I will end also delivered We deliver and " TeruEi kingdom " and " kingdom TeruEi GOLD " .
            I thank you that from the start of the public , had you use in a number of everyone .

End-of-Sale Announcement for the item 2014.02.26
            With regard to selling items of " Street Fighter IV" -related ,
            It has has a ( water ) maintenance March 26 , will be discontinued .
            In addition , after the end of sale , " secret base strike IV SIN " lounge ,
            When you enter the store , " Capcom and issues, playroom (SSF Ⅳ) " of ,
            You will see the message " There are no products in the store ." Please note .
            I thank you that I have gotten patronage to everyone from the market.
            ◆ appropriate item
            Liu wig / Liu bodice (top ) / Liu Globe / Liu bodice (bottom)
            / Liu arrangement set costume / wig Ken / Ken bodice (top ) / Ken Grove / Ken bodice (bottom)
            / Ken arrange Costume Set / wig Guile / Guile tank top / Guile camouflage pants
            / Guile boots / Guile arrange Costume Set / Dhalsim bracelet
            / Dhalsim body suit with accessories ( above ) / Dhalsim body suit ( below ) / Dhalsim anklet
            / Dhalsim piercing / Dhalsim arrange Costume Set / Zangief wig / Zangief wristband
            / Zangief body suit / Zangief pants / boots Zangief / Zangief arrange Costume Set
            / Edmond Honda wig / Edmond Honda body suit ( top) / Edmond Honda body suit ( below )
            / Edmond Honda arrange Costume Set / Blanca wig / Blanca costume hand
            / Blanca costume ( above ) / Blanca Costume ( under ) / Blanca Costume foot
            / Blanca arrange Costume Set / Gooni wig / Australian demon glove / Australian demon uniforms ( above )
            / Australian demon uniforms ( under ) / Australian sandals demon / ogre Australian arrange Costume Set / Fay Ron wig
            / Faye Ron body suit / pants Ron Fay / Faye Ron shoes / Faye Ron arrange Costume Set
            / Dan wig / Dan Grove / Dan uniforms ( above ) / Dan Gi ( under ) / Dan arrangement Costume Set
            / Original wig / original uniforms ( above ) / original uniforms ( under ) / original shoes / original arrangement Costume Set
            / Wig bison / bison glove / bison tank top / pants bison / bison boots
            / Bison arrange Costume Set / Balrog wig / Balrog with talon bangle
            / Balrog body suit / trousers Balrog / Balrog shoes / Balrog Kamen
            / Bandage / body suit Sagat / Sagat pants Balrog arrange Costume Set / Sagat wrist
            / Bandage / eyepatch Sagat / Sagat arrange Costume Set / Vega wig of Sagat ankle
            / Begasutsu (top) / Begasutsu ( under ) / Begabutsu / Vega arrange Costume Set
            / El Forte mask / El Forte body suit (top ) / El Forte body suit ( below )
            / El Forte Boots / El Forte arrangement set costume / wig Abel / Abel uniforms ( above )
            / Spats Abel / Abel Globe / guard Abel / Abel arrange Costume Set
            / Rufus wig / Rufus suit (top ) / Rufus suit ( below ) / Rufus Grove
            / Rufus shoes / Rufus arrange Costume Set / Tsuyoshikobushi wig / Tsuyoshikobushi body suit
            / Tsuyoshikobushi pants / Tsuyoshikobushi arrange Costume Set / Seth body suit head / Seth body suit (top)
            / Seth body suit ( below ) / Seth body suit hand / foot body suit Seth / Seth arrange Costume Set
            / Chun-Li wig / Chun-Li China dress ( above ) / Chun-Li wristband / Chun-Li China dress ( below )
            / Chun-Li boots / Chun-Li arrangement Costume Set / cherry wig / Sakura Grove / Sakura uniform ( above )
            / Sakura uniform (bottom) / cherry shoes / Sakura arrange Costume Set / Viper wig
            / Viper glove / Viper suit (top ) / Viper suit ( below ) / Viper bootie
            / Pierce Viper / Viper sunglasses / Viper arrange Costume Set / Cammy wig
            / Cammy glove / Cammy body suit ( top) / Cammy body suit ( below ) / Cammy boots
            / Cammy arrange Costume Set / Rose wig / Rose suit (top ) / Rose suit ( below )
            / Boots Rose / Rose arrangements Costume Set / Ryu figure / figure Ken / Guile figure
            / Chun-Li figure / figure Dhalsim / Zangief figure
            / Edmond Honda figure / figures Blanca / bison figure / Balrog figure / figures Sagat / Vega figure / figures Sakura / Dan figure / Rose figure
            / Original figure / Fay Ron Figure / Figure Cammy / Viper Figure
            / Rufus figure / figure Abel / El Forte figure / Australian demon figure
            / Tsuyoshikobushi figure / Seth figure /

Verification:
          Draft saved Draft deleted