Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is The Lack Of Communication On The Future Of Home Affecting The Community?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C.Birch, Sep 16, 2013.

?
  1. No.

29.6%
  2. Yes i no longer buy content due to it at all.

22.2%
  3. Yes it affects how much time i put into it.

33.3%
  4. Yes, i have greatly cut back on spending.

48.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Hey Faga, when you estimate 30k home users, are you thinking unique users worldwide? Not counting multiple accounts?

I remember one dev saying it was 20K users, and another say 40K. But it was unclear if they were talking just NA.

I think FInal Fantasy 14 has effected a good sized group of Home users. A comment I often hear is that FF14 feels like Home. You have an avatar, you have a clothing inventory. They are even opening personal apartments and furniture soon.

The FF14 chat system is very much like Home. You have local, group and club channels with different names. Plus a few more.

I think that is one reason people like me are using it a lot.

2. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    The numbers are from the Kikai event, so there should be a couple multiple accounts included. The breakdown for each regions were 12k-13k for US, 8.5k-9k for EU and Japan individually (Japan had more, close to 9k, but I do believe they had more foreign people, so probably lesser natives compared to EU).

So the total accounts participated is around 30k. Assume 10% were multiple accounts, so that's 27k individual accounts. Assume 75-85% of normal usage participated the Kikai event (hard to believe 15% didn't at least do the tutorial during the 2 weeks span), so the total Home users becomes 32k-36k. And this number comes from a 2 week span, so the concurrent number of users probably is far lower.

It's all assumptions so I could be totally off the numbers. Maybe only 1% of users participated in the Kikai event. That makes my numbers really off, but then it's really hard to believe normal Home users didn't play it at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Adrian

Adrian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +26 /5
      I'm in eu. I got a US account a while ago, I don't especially use it. wondered a few times if to get jp account, but didn't think it really worthwhile, better just to wait for things to come to eu. I got the jp account to see the Kikai event. I played Kikai in jp a little. I played Kikai in eu quite a bit. I then went to US to see the beginning of Kikai.

mainly I stick with my eu account.

• free2beme

free2beme Love beyond

Ratings:
      +1 /4
      I hope that PS4 has PSH on it and if not then at least let PSH continue on PS3 with weekly updates. Not knowing if SONY will go on with PSH does not affect my usage time and money spent on it. I will and shall continue being on home as long as we have access to it!!

Verification:
    Draft saved Draft deleted