Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irem Closing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Firefly, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Caspearious

Caspearious SC4RY LURK3R D00D

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'm going to miss the Spelunker space. I liked the rain in there. Anyone know if it will still be possible to get the Home rewards from the Spelunker games after Irem is gone?

2. Grand_Viceroy

Grand_Viceroy The Infinite One

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    That really does suck. I was wondering why the billboard were completely black when I entered the spelunker and festival spaces. I really loved those spots. a shame. :sadwalk:

3. Caspearious

Caspearious SC4RY LURK3R D00D

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I just had another bad thought... Is Irem leaving PSN as well? Are they going to stop selling games like Spelunker? And if they are leaving PSN, does that mean the game servers for Spelunker's co-op/competative modes are going to be gone?

4. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Irem will stay, but mainly for their pachinko business. So far we know that they will keep the pachinko and Spelunker games for PSN.

5. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    The top of irem square looking over the huts has become a place to contemplate take a special someone or just enjoy the view, it will be missed

6. Baron_Brain

Baron_Brain Notorious Dis-Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +21 /1
    Hiya FF… thanks for posting this up (saved me the trouble of doing it myself).One addition to your article — Irem has confirmed August 11th as the termination date for virtual sales of ALL ITEMS with the exception of those sold at "Doki Doki School Life" lounge.Further, also being terminated on that date are sales of Irem games (PSP & Game Archive titles) via the PlayStation®Store — this also includes game demos, add-on content, promotional videos and custom themes.Irem posted a formal announcement of the termination of their PlayStation®Home lounges on their website (in Japanese only) at http://www.irem.co.jp/oshirase/1107_home.html and PlayStation®Store sales at http://www.irem.co.jp/oshirase/dl_store.htmlIn the notice, Irem says:
    "We truly thank you for your regular patronage of our company's lounges in PlayStation®Home in the past."
    They go on to say:
    "There is indeed an existing situation, and we decided to close the following public lounges from 9/1 due to various circumstances".​
    The notices then proceed to list the specific lounge information already posted above.So that's it folks… as expected, Irem's lounges are soon to be nothing more than a memory in Japan. I expect the spaces will be pulled from all other regions on — or soon after — 9/1, so be sure to get any rewards you're missing by then.

7. Baron_Brain

Baron_Brain Notorious Dis-Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +21 /1
    Hiya FF… thanks for posting this up (saved me the trouble of doing it myself).

One addition to your article — Irem has confirmed August 11th as the termination date for virtual sales of ALL ITEMS with the exception of those sold at "Doki Doki School Life" lounge.

Further, also being terminated on that date are sales of most Irem games (PSP & Game Archive titles) via the PlayStation®Store — this also includes game demos, add-on content, promotional videos and custom themes.

Irem posted a formal announcement of the termination of their PlayStation®Home lounges on their website (in Japanese only) at
    http://www.irem.co.jp/oshirase/1107_home.html and PlayStation®Store sales at http://www.irem.co.jp/oshirase/dl_store.html.

In the notice, Irem says:

"We truly thank you for your regular patronage of our company's lounges in PlayStation®Home in the past."

They go on to say:

"There is indeed an existing situation, and we decided to close the following public lounges from 9/1 due to various circumstances".​

The notices then proceed to list the specific lounge information already posted above.

So that's it folks… as expected, Irem's lounges are soon to be nothing more than a memory in Japan. I expect the spaces will be pulled from all other regions on — or soon after — 9/1, so be sure to get any rewards you're missing by then.

ADDENDUM: So THIS is where my post vanished off to… couldn't figure out why there were only two posts on the front of the site. Well, guess you got this info already… guess someone else visited Irem's homepage earlier. But since I went thru the trouble of typing it, I'm leaving it in. And besides, at least the part I translated myself is far more accurate than an auto-Google massacre. So there.

8. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I believe the one thing you need to get the Spelunker gloves is to beat level 20 in Solo and to launch the game from the Spelunker space in Home - that includes the original regioned version played on your own region (ex. Japan Spelunker game to Japan account). The others you can get without Home, and each of them requires you beat the first 100 levels in Solo.

Honestly, I don't know if the rewards will still be on even after Irem goes out, but I think the Pachipara rewards will still be there since the space will still exist.

I'm just happy to have gotten all the rewards from each space in every region now.

9. Grand_Viceroy

Grand_Viceroy The Infinite One

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Funny you happened to mentioned that part of the festival square. It's always been the reason I visited there. sometimes sharing that moment with friends. I'll definitely miss it. Which reminds me, I'd better start taking photos of the space while I still can before it's gone for good. Memories.

10. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    The next space from Granzella that they're working at is a Samurai Edo Period space, but hopefully the space will be huge plus have a spot for festivals.

11. stephrules31

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oh my Gosh... I loved the Seaside! How can they do this???

12. drake21734

drake21734 Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +45 /11
    Had alot of fun times at the Seaside of Memories and Irem Square. They'll be missed alot.

13. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
  14. Kimilicious

Kimilicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Wow.

That Is Very Sad :( .. I'm Going To Take Pictures Of The Space And Possibly Buy Some Of The Items, I Wanted But Never Got Around To Purchasing ..

I Loved The Seaside Of Memories, Lots Of Awesome Memories :)

IREM, Will Be Missed :huh4:

15. Soft Power

Soft Power Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Irem made some of the prettiest clothes in Home. I half considered buying a Japan PSN card to get their Japan only items, but it just seemed like a waste of money. But now I realize their value a little more.
    I feel sorry for all the Irem employees who've been laid off because of this.

16. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Irem sendoff?

A couple of people (Diamond, Katcall) have mentioned setting up an event/ getting together in the JP Home, but is anyone actually working on this? Now is the time to snap those photos and spend that yen.

17. Diamond_Dust

Diamond_Dust ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ Innocent ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    The closure will occur on September 1st, right? I think we still have some time to plan a small get together to just hang out... It won't be the same as an event however. If people would like to start planning though I could make a thread for it? :p

18. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Seven of the nine Irem spaces will be closing on 1 Sep. Let me copy and paste the list from my HSM article since I haven't seen it (the complete English list) posted anywhere else.

• Irem Headquarters
    • Waiting Battle Field
    • Fields of Ge Kito
    • Sparkle in the Void of Space
    • Seaside of Memories
    • Gathering Place for Spelunkers
    • Irem Square

19. Diamond_Dust

Diamond_Dust ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ Innocent ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Gotcha Aet, so I assume we'll just space hop if anything and take pictures and things like that through those spaces?

20. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yeah, like group photos and such I imagine.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted