Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go Fish Hints & Tips

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C.Birch, Jun 30, 2011.

1. April_Croft

April_Croft Ps Home Traveller :)
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +2 /1
    did you have your time set to am or pm? I only need marlin and catfish...catfish is the only one who has not shown up for me

times seem to be:

Pirahna - noon
    Marlin - midnight
    Catfish - 5.30 - 7.30.

also have you all seen this pic?

Go Fish Hints & Tips, Jun 30, 2011, 4:56 PM, YourPSHome.net, 3292

2. DCS

DCS Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0

Yeah i wanted to put all 3 fish on the wall as well and saw it only had two slots. I was like WTH now i can't put my fish on the wall here then. Hmmm! Bad idea on there part... LOL! So instead i used the Last Air Bender banners instead... The Water and Air Banners work well in this spot. Since it has Air and Water that is... He He!

By: DCS

3. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Finally caught my catfish and pirahna - my last two fish. I can forget about that game now, and I'm happy with my new apartment.

4. v_Trillian_v

v_Trillian_v Fun Lover

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Late, late, late into that good night, I finally saw and snagged the last fish, the catfish. It was with much more relief than joy for me unfortunately.

After far too many hours of playing time, I would like to highly recommend that anyone attempting this challenge set their PS3 internal date and clock to July 15, 17:30 hours your own time to catch the catfish and then leave that freaking date alone and just change the time for the piranha and marlin.

I changed the date a couple times from July 15 (for no good reason) and then proceeded to change the clock to morning, noon (lunch), 1800 hours (dinner) and blah blah numerous times. I probably joined and backed out of the Go Fish game about 500+ times. I won't say anymore about this right now as there are language rules here that I best adhere to.

I want to thank DanMW once again for suggesting this date and time early on. I used it to catch the marlin and figured it was maybe some full moon thing and keeping that date wasn't necessary. Seems like it's still important to keep that date. So when he suggested that date again, after countless hours and attempts with various times of the day, I had nothing to lose but to try July 15th once more. Turns out I had everything to gain. Thanks.

Thank goodness I like the space.

5. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    hmm... I just did it for my friend's account and I only changed the time without changing the date (July 1). It only took 45 minutes to catch all 8 fishes for the last section.

On the other hand, I did mine with the date of June 30. It did take me 4, 5 hours total which includes the time I struggled to get the last 3.

6. April_Croft

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +2 /1
    Bf caught catfish for me at 4.56 :D

7. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I also believe that the date does not matter. I caught the marlin initially by changing the date to July 15th as recommended but caught a couple more marlins with the correct date while trying for the catfish. The "full moon" clue seems to be hinting mainly to the late night time.

I caught the piranha early without even realising that it was one of the final three. When I checked the "Fish Caught" screen, it was there. In fact, I thought that maybe it had glitched there somehow because I really didn't even remember catching it.

8. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    I also experience getting a fish for a bait I never selected for the intermediate level. I only caught 1 fish, but somehow it displayed 2 fishes at the end.

9. VitalogyPJ

VitalogyPJ Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    This doesn't make sense to me :\ I got 99% of the fish yesterday between 22h00 and 00h00 all but the piranha which I see plenty of times there but never bite the bait. I got the rest without any date/time tweak on the ps3, even the merlin.

For the piranha I tired several times 8h30/12h00/12h30/00h00/00h30 tried this afternoon several times and nothing. This is bothering me now :(

Edit: you don't need to change the date to get the catfish and/or merlin, I didn't and lots of my friends didn't do it also and got the fish. I'm starting to believe that even the clock isn't doing anything, I mean those riddles are just rubish as I didn't caught any of the "timed fish" in any of those times and the piranha tends to be the same but more pain because I saw dozens already and haven't got a single one to even bite the bait :\ smells like a bug to me to be honest.

10. Tiago Cunha

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I only need that piranha and that catfish that two are so hard

PS: Marlin dont apperes to the midnight apperes at 21:30

11. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    I know those aren't set times or anything.....and yes, the game seems bugged. What I listed are just the times that worked for me, so I posted them for others in case it might help. If you'll notice, in the parenthesis I stated that others reported getting the mArlin at different times AND without having to change the date.

12. v_Trillian_v

v_Trillian_v Fun Lover

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    nvm

Carla's right, it's possible any one of several ideas might help others and so, well so be it I'll leave it. And thanks.

13. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Worked fine for me so many thanks, don't let a few put you off helping the many.

14. April_Croft

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +2 /1
    got the apartment! Merlin came at 11pm. Just wish there was underwater furniture rewards tho... I don't really know wgat I am gonna put in the space.

15. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    I have a blue smoke machine in there and the fish tank in the middle. I can decorate with the best of them. lol

16. Bulldogy332

Bulldogy332 Bulldogy332

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    got All small fish but cannot see ANY big fish

17. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Try reading through the posts and you'll see why

18. DCS

DCS Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  19. phunky~phenom

phunky~phenom I Sing With An Accent

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yeah, the game does seem to be bugged. The Fish Caught section doesnt load at times. And it took me quite a lot of tries to get the Piranha to bite. Just curious, does both the Marlin and the Piranha suppose to appear in the aquarium? lol I could be wrong but I thought I saw the Piranha in the aquarium yesterday but it isn't there anymore. lol Now, I just need to
    go fish during lunch or dinner time for the Catfish.

20. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    I believe you need to wait until it loads every fish when you enter the lounge. You can start the game, but if you start fishing before it loads all the fishes, it stops the loading.

The last 3 fish will appear in the apartment aquarium, but not the fish tank.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted