Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming News that doesn't need a thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VampireWicked, Apr 20, 2011.

1. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Follow the bouncing ball in this new FIFA 12 video

[video=youtube;XCHOQixfN4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XCHOQixfN4Q[/video]
    It's nice to know that Team Ninja isn't the only development house out there pioneering the field of bounce-physics. EA Sports, for instance, is more than happy to let FIFA 12 animator Kantcho Doskov and his surprisingly excellent football skills explain the simulator's fancy footwork.
    :demonangel: CLICK THE LINK 4 MORE :demonangel:
    Follow the bouncing ball in this new FIFA 12 video | Joystiq

2. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Subway serves cold, hard Uncharted 3 promotion details -- not toasted

Gaming News that doesn't need a thread, Apr 20, 2011, 10:51 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2364
    If you haven't eaten recently, we suggest you make some macaroni and cheese before reading this post. We'll wait.Macaronied? Good. Subway has announced the details for its Uncharted 3 promotion (Or Uncharted 3's Subway promotion), The Subway Taste for Adventure. The promo will run from September 29 - November 31 and includes bonuses for DCUO players as well as Uncharted 3 fans.Enter with the code from a Subway cup before November 11 and get early access to the Uncharted 3multiplayer experience, or enter a cup code after October 31 for the chance to play DCUO at the premium level free for seven consecutive days. Cup codes also offer a choice of any of the voucher passcodes found on sandwiches and chips, which break down as follows:

3. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    WiiSubway serves cold, hard Uncharted 3 promotion details -- not toasted continued

Gaming News that doesn't need a thread, Apr 20, 2011, 10:51 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2364
    Voucher Passcode for an Uncharted 3 dynamic theme
    Voucher Passcode for Uncharted 3 Fortune Hunter Bounty
    Voucher Passcode for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Drake Character Skin
    Voucher Passcode for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Weapon Skin
    Voucher Passcode for Subway Taste For Adventure Cup and Subway Sandwich virtual costumes for PlayStation Home
    We'll keep all this in mind when we order our next foot-long Italian BMT on honey-wheat bread with pepperjack cheese, banana peppers, jalapenos, lettuce, onion, tomatoes and raspberry vinaigrette, with a side of barbecue chips and a large Mr. Pibb. Mmmm. Enjoy your macaroni.
    Subway serves cold, hard Uncharted 3 promotion details -- not toasted | Joystiq

4. yokokoroma

yokokoroma Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    First Look: One Piece: Pirates Musou

Here's a 1st look at the upcoming One Piece game for PS3, via a screenshot!! A trailer and or gameplay will be revealed at the Tokyo Game Show!! I think it looks good, but of course, I'll have to see some gameplay first!!

5. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    lol I am sooo waiting 4 the game.

6. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Why Japanese Games are Breaking Up With the West

"It's not you, it's me." That's the message the Japanese gaming industry is telling the world this week at TGS. "Our games are as good as ever, they're just not for you anymore." Critics in the west have been crowing about the supposed death of the Japanese industry for years. And while their critiques have a certain degree of truth to them, they're missing the point. Japanese game development did run into trouble during this console generation, but their issues are so removed from the average gamer's experience (workforce and labor management) as to be meaningless. The games themselves are as good as they've ever been, but they're just not made for the entire world anymore. Japanese games are now by and large made to appeal almost exclusively to Japanese gamers.
    Why Japanese Games are Breaking Up With the West from 1UP.com

7. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Maybe It's Because Japanese Games Are Torn To Shreds When They Reach The U.S

Japanese games anime manga & movies aren't doing so well in the u.s. because the u.s rather shove disney & WB down our throat & neglect the japanese anime fans in the u.s. I'd much rather watch Full Metal Alchmist & One Piece then JLA or buy a japanese RPG over Epic Mickey. Japanese games are so edited & butchered sometimes when they're finally brought to the u.s that few gamers enjoy them.

8. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    GameStop to Sell its Own Gaming-Centric Tablet Next Year

Meanwhile, GameStop stores will now buy your used iPods, iPhones, and iPads.
    After acquiring Impulse and Spawn Labs earlier this year, GameStop indicated it was looking into the possibility of launching its own gaming-focused tablet. Beginning next year, it'll do just that. "If we can work with our partners and the OEMs and they come up with a great table that is enabled with a great gaming experience and coupled with a bluetooth controller, then there's no need to go out and develop our own," GameStop president Tony Bartel said back in April. "But if we can't find one that's great for gaming, then we will create our own."
    GameStop to Sell its Own Gaming-Centric Tablet Next Year

9. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Lost Heavy Rain Sales Blamed on Used Games

Quantic Dream's co-founder estimates millions in royalties were lost to the secondhand market
    The debate about whether or not used games are good for the industry continues. Heavy Rain developer Quantic Dream's co-founder, Guillaume de Fondaumiere, is decidedly on the side of them not being good for business. In fact, he blames the secondhand market for a loss of between $6.8 and $13.6 million in royalties. "I would say that the impact that the recession had, that the most important impact especially on AAA games on console, was the rise of second hand gaming," he told GamesIndustry.biz. "And I think this is one of the number one problems right now in the industry.
    Lost Heavy Rain Sales Blamed on Used Games

10. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    New Syndicate Game Finally Confirmed, Coming in 2012

Like XCOM, Syndicate will make the move from an isometric view to first-person. At long last, Electronic Arts confirmed what we all have known for quite some time: Starbreeze is working on a revival of the classic Syndicate franchise. Back in early 2008, EA announced that it was working with Starbreeze to reinvent an "acclaimed classic franchise" of EA's for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. It didn't give any indication as to what series it was, though later that year we heard rumors it was a new Syndicate game. In March 2010, one of Starbreeze's two projects with EA, a new game from the Robert Ludlum's Bourne franchise, had been canceled.
    New Syndicate Game Finally Confirmed, Coming in 2012

11. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Revelations beta to continue for another week

Initially launched for Uplay and PlayStation Plus*members, the Assassin?s Creed: Revelationsbeta later opened up for all to play on the PlayStation 3. Whether the number of participants and sessions logged were overwhelmingly many or Ubisoft just want to continue tweaking, we don?t know, but the beta has been effectively extended for another week.Started on September 3rd and destined for closure yesterday, the beta will continue to be available until the 17th. As already described, it includes nine different playable characters, four modes and three maps. Hefty for a beta, not that we?re complaining.Assassin?s Creed: Revelationswill be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on November 15th.
    That VideoGame Blog » Revelations beta to continue for another week

12. yokokoroma

yokokoroma Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0

It was bound to happen sooner or later, I was hoping it wouldn't happen at all! There isn't any love between the NA and JP market, reason being that the western game market is dominated by quote unquote FPS fans and sports fanatics (i.e COD, Madden, etc...) who NA developers cater to! I am a true JP game fan, especially when it comes to RPGs, I don't think any one else does them better! If one were to really look at the gaming industry objectively for a moment, they would see that a large number of the games presently here in NA are JP made games (i.e. DMC (1-4), Eternal Sonata, Tales of series, Sonic, Yakuza, Okami, SMT, RE aka Biohazard, etc...) there aren't many in this console generation, due to the fact that western game critics are too harsh and overly disrespectful of JP tradition! The JP game industry is not going to change their traditions, just to make foolish western gamers happy! These same western games fail to realize that the very system they play on is a JP creation as well, so if they hadn't invented the PS3, what console would they be playing? JP is the gaming capital of the world whether western gamers or developers like it or not! They make the best games, look at "Dark Souls" (a JP developed game) which is highly anticipated by numerous gamers! A lot of western gamers need to wake up!

13. yokokoroma

yokokoroma Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I agree 100%, when JP games reach NA they are not promoted like they should be! The ironic thing is Disney's "Kingdom Hearts" is a Square Enix production (which is of course a JP company) It really comes down to a respect issue, and the fact is that the majority of western gamers have none for Japan! Your last statement couldn't be more true, game modes are took out or replaced with things that the NA branches think will appeal more to western gamers, when that's not the case at all! I want to play the same game, that was released in Japan!

14. yokokoroma

yokokoroma Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I commented on this on another site, and I basically did the math and for what it's worth, the person in question is kind of complaining for no reason! as it's only about a million people who bought Heavy Rain Used!

15. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    On the question of what we'd be playing if there were no japanese gaming consoles available, i think the answer would be XBOX360 & Eww. I've had 4 360 systems the 3 before my last had system failures, microsoft cries WE'VE SOLD MORE SYSTEMS THEN PS3. And I say WELL DUH!!! Gamers are most likely buying replacement 360 systems for the ones broken.
    I'm sorry but i don't think i could take a gaming world where the only choice for gaming is microsoft.

On Heavy Rain & used sales, I commented on it as well.
    I commented give gamers more reason to keep games today other then lack of core content being withheld to be sold as overpriced DLC.

16. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    You Reap What You Sow

Besides trophies & achievements what replay value do games have nowadays? Why would i enjoy playing $60.00 per game (much more in australia i'm told) with nothing to unlock & four or less ending scenarios When i could just borrow it rent it or buy it used? Gaming companies your withholding of in game content for DLC is coming back & biting you in your asses, enjoy what you've earned.

17. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Video posted on September 13th, 2011 Ratchet & Clank: A4O trailer goes solo

[video=youtube;UXhiaMDFC60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXhiaMDFC60[/video]
    A new trailer for Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One shows off the cooperative adventurer's single-player gameplay. Look for the game in mid-October
    :demonangel: HIT THE LINK 4 MORE :demonangel:
    That VideoGame Blog » Ratchet & Clank: A4O trailer goes solo

18. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Square Enix secures FF XIII-3 domain

Square Enix may be considering Final Fantasy XIII-3should a new domain registration be taken seriously; finalfantasyxiii-3.com was picked up Corporation Service Company (they?ve registered domains for Square in the past as well) on September 7th, it?s been discovered.With XIII-2yet to be released ? expect a date announcement this week ? we wouldn?t go marking any calendars just yet though.
    That VideoGame Blog » Square Enix secures FF XIII-3 domain

19. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    LA Noire GOTY edition incoming ? rumor

We?re not quite sure the game?s won any such awards yet, but Rockstar and Team Bondi?s LA Noirewill be getting a Game of the Year re-release later this year, rumor has it.A GOTY edition of the title has appeared on some Nordic retailers? website with a November release window, kicking off the well-founded speculation.If true, we?re guessing the new release will pack all the DLC the game?s seen since its console release this May.A PC version of the crime saga is in the works as well. Expect it sometime this fall.
    That VideoGame Blog » LA Noire GOTY edition incoming — rumor

20. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    $50 Red Dead Redemption GOTY saddling up in October

Rockstar Games? award-winning open-world Western Red Dead Redemption is getting a game of the year edition, and it?s coming soon.Due out next month on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $50, Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Editionwill include the game (of course!) and all previously released downloadable content.DLC included includes the Undead Nightmare pack, the Legends and Killers Pack, the Liars and Cheats pack, the Hunting and Trading Outfits pack, the Outlaws to the End mission pack, all pre-order content, the*Solomon?s Folly*single-player gang hideout, and the just-released Myths and Mavericks bonus pack. As mentioned, the Red Dead Redemption GOTY Editionis due out in just a month, in North America on October 11 and internationally on October 14.
    That VideoGame Blog » $50 Red Dead Redemption GOTY saddling up in October

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted