Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming News that doesn't need a thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VampireWicked, Apr 20, 2011.

1. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Square Enix hacked

Final Fantasy maker, Square Enix, has just been hacked into ? with a couple of websites belonging to Japanese video games maker being compromised. What of the damage? Well, Square Enix has been man enough to own up right from the start (guess they have learnt well from the Sony snafu recently) by confirming that up to 25,000 customers who did register for product updates might have their e-mail addresses stolen.
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/05/square-enix-hacked/

2. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Video Game Hackers Continue Attacks ? New Target Square-Enix Personal Info Jacked

Just under a month after malicious hackers caused the major PSN outage of 2011, Square-Enix has announced that its public websites for Eidos and its upcoming title Deus Ex: Human Revolutionwere attacked. Square-Enix?s sites were taken down and replaced by the text, ?Owned By Chippy1337.? Right now, this incident does not appear to be related to the recent hacking attack on the Playstation Network. However, initial reports state that the hacker gained access to more than 80,000 personal records of registered users. Later, the company clarified the report stating that only 25,000 email addresses were stolen as well as 350 resumes.
    http://www.buzzfocus.com/2011/05/15...-new-target-square-enix-personal-info-jacked/

3. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Square Enix: Three Websites Hacked

Just hours after Sony had announced parts of the PSN network would be going live after a hack crippled the network for nearly a month; Japanese video game makers Square Enix have revealed details of hacks to three of their websites. The makers of Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider confirmed that over 25,000 email addresses could have been compromised, as well as over 350 CV?s of people applying for jobs at the Canadian office. However, Square Enix has said that no credit cards or financial information is stored on their servers.A spokesman said "Square Enix can confirm a group of hackers gained access to parts of our Eidosmontreal.com website as well as two of our product sites."We immediately took the sites offline to assess how this had happened and what had been accessed, then took further measures to increase the security of these and all of our websites, before allowing the sites to go live again."
    http://www.dedicatedserverdir.com/news/ShowItem.aspx?ID=90249

4. Kimilicious

Kimilicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I Heard About Square Enix Being Hacked .. My Goodness o_o .. I Think They Hacked Into Eidos As Well ? Poor Lara Croft.

5. JJMCG30

JJMCG30 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    yeah Joanna sent a post saying that. That really sucks

6. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Sony: PS Store to be updated ?multiple times per week

Sony: PS Store to be updated ?multiple times per week?PSN?s out-of-commission status in the last few weeks not only cut players off from online play but also new PlayStation Store content like new downloadable content and games. How and when will said content be made available now that PSN is up and running again and the Store soon to follow?According to Sony, users can expect content updates ?multiple times per week? until the store is caught up with all the content. There?s no schedule to speak of just yet, but certainly be on the lookout for it.
    http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/05/16/ps-store-to-be-updated-multiple-times-per-week/

PSN, SOE not back in Japan, need approval first
    While Sony fans are celebrating the return of PSN this week, the service is still yet to go live in Japan, along with Sony Online Entertainment games too.*Reason? They?re simply not allow to.
    http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/05/16/psn-soe-not-back-in-japan-need-approval-first/

7. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Sony's PSN compensation: is it enough?

Yesterday, Sony announced specifics of its compensation program. All PS3 users with a PSN account registered before April 20 2011 will be able to choose two games from a list of five - LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, WipEout HD/Fury, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty (or Super Stardust HD if you're in the USA), and Dead Nation. All users without PlayStation Plus will be given 30 days of PlayStation Plus absolutely free, current PlayStation Plus subscribers will get 60 days for free, and US customers will receive some unspecified movie rentals.
    http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/17-05-2011-1537.html

8. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Rockstar no longer blaming PS3 3.61 for LA Noire issues

First patch on the way 'shortly,' says Rockstar.
    After claiming PS3 firmware 3.61 firmware is causing consoles to overheat, LA Noire publisher Rockstar appears to have had a change of heart and is no longer placing the blame of LA Noire crashes on the firmware.All mention of firmware 3.61 has been removed from the Rockstar support FAQ, instead offering a series of solutions unrelated to a specific firmware version.According to a post by Rockstar support staff, a patch should arrive shortly.
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/rockstar_no_longer_blaming_ps3_3_61_for_la_noire_issues.html

9. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    LA Noire crashes reported on Xbox 360 too

Sony keen to point out it's not just the PS3 having problems.After Rockstar blamed Sony for overheating issues and crashing when playing LA Noire on PS3, then switched to no longer blaming the PS3 for the LA Noire issues, it appears crashing is also being reported by Xbox 360 users - something Sony is very keen to point out."As with the release of any System Update, we will invariably see a very small number of users whose console has failed following updating their console, which is an unfortunate coincidence" A Sony spokesperson told Edge.
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/la_noire_crashes_reported_on_xbox_360_too.html

Good old RockStar they'll probably blame it on Space herpes next.

10. Kimilicious

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oh Wow That LA Noire Has Problems ? o_O .. And Here I Was Going To Go Any Buy It Today .. LooooooL

I Think I Will Pass On It ;D

I Am Anticipating For Red Faction Armageddon As Well As FEAR 3 :)

11. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    From what I'm hearing (or reading) I can't see anyone with LA Noire who's had these overheating issues, one of who has been playing for over 5 hours in 1 sitting, May be that these people own slims though and it's probably more likely affecting older consoles.

12. Kimilicious

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Ohh Okay, Well Playing That Long .. Then Will/Might Cause Overheat Issues .. Goodness

Thanks For The Info Rachel ;D

13. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Active Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Does that mean the Slim should be ok?

14. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I can't say for sure but it is well known the slim suffers from less overheating issues than the fatter consoles, so I'd guess any effect a game has will be lessened on a slim.

15. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yea Kimilicious you should be fine, i think it's a rare thing Plus it was said XBOX users are having the same issues & they're releasing a patch to fix it.

16. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    DC UniverseSubscribers Get a Free Month, Free Cowl Over Hack Attack

DC Universesubscribers will receive a 30 day subscription credit plus one day for each day the service was unavailable, as well as a Batman-inspired in-game mask to make up for the hack attack on Sony Online Entertainment, SOE official tell Kotaku
    http://kotaku.com/5798242/dc-universe-subscribers-get-a-free-month-free-cowl-over-hack-attack

I'm sorry i didn't find out till now & apparently I guess some others didn't know either or they would have told me................BOOO HISSS BOOO On my bad reporting skills BOOO HISSS

17. ZeroRyoko

ZeroRyoko Bad Sailor Girl

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I got the in game freebies but have not seen my subscription dates change. I am waiting until the store is back up to see if it updates.

18. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Okay, well that's great that sony is being fair to you & other DC universe players with memberships. I don't have it but it was kinda bothering me that i didn't see any word of DC universe compensation for the outage.

19. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    It was in the SOE welcome back program that they released on the 12th.

Here's the details for all of their games: SOE - Welcome Back Program

20. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Sony: PS3 Has No Overheating Issues With LA Noire

You may have heard about the overheating issues associated with L.A. Noire.At first, it seemed to only be happening to older PlayStation 3 models (original 60GB and 80GB machines) and furthermore, due to Rockstar's wording in an update, it sounded like recent firmware update 3.61 might be the culprit. But since that time, we've learned both PS3 and Xbox 360 owners have experienced some crashing issues, and Sony has confirmed such problems have nothing to do with the PS3. Nick Caplin, head of communications at SCEE recently clarified. :"There is not an over heating problem with PS3. Occasionally a PS3 over heats for numerous reasons and we?re not seeing an increased number of reports at the moment."

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/9113.html

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted