Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Granzella : Setsubun 2013 Ogre Extermination

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 29, 2013.

1. LunarEmerald

LunarEmerald Goddess from the Moon

Ratings:
    +5 /0
    Not sure why you think a round takes 8 minutes. You could do it in 5-6, counting the load times.

The leaderboard isn't always up to date either.

2. fred van roode

Ratings:
    +5 /0
    well i did it in 8 minutes lol.today i did it in 6 minutes.Well i talked too the number 2 and 3 and they say they have holiday and do 200 rounds a day is that possible??I mean they have 340 000 points and that in 5 days???

3. fred van roode

Ratings:
    +5 /0
    but sony did not remove them from leaderboard so mayby it is possible???

4. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Lunar posted a video that only took less than 5 minutes. So assume it's 600 points per 5 minutes, it becomes 7200 per hour, 172800 per day. But considering alot of factors gets in that will slow it down, say 50% of that and that still comes to about 86400 per day.

5. fred van roode

Ratings:
    +5 /0
    ohhh i see so it is possible well then i need too say sorry lol

6. martinsonj

martinsonj Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 /0
    Couldn't the person who interviewed the head of Granzella a bit ago, try to contect him and explain whats going on? She should have his private email, right?

Although, if they didn't look at the own scoreboard and notice the scores are insane. No one is going to play this game 24 hours a day, for a week and counting. When you consider the human factor, it's clear something is fishy.

By then again, outside of cancelling the whole event, there isn't much they can do to stop the cheaters. Resetting the leaderboard won't do anything. Making the rewards easier for everyone to get sounds nice, but then they lose their limited edition status.

Maybe Granzella took a look at the leaderboard, shook their head, but then went about their day is normal. It's fact that honest folk are still playing the game and more important, buying goods to make killing the oni easier/faster. Since they are still making money, maybe they are overlooking this issue.

Me personally, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. It sucks, yes, but since there is nothing you can do to stop it and it only indirectly effects you try to let it go. I mean, be honest with yourself; do you think you really would have played enough to place in the top 100 even without the cheating? It's not even a ranking of the best players, but who is willng to grind the most.

Me personally, I am going to stop after I earn the last two rewards. It's actually kinda a chore. Once you find the quickest way to kill all the oni, the smart thing to do is to kill them over and over again with the same method. Not fun, and I'll be glad when it's over.

And no, GZ, I don't need those new weapons you plan to sell next week... although I totally dig the new apartment. lol

7. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    so far got a little glowing horn for 100 pts and a roll of sushi for 500 pts

I notice with a black metal club I can kill a blue oni with 2 hits. Or with ONE overhead smash. Black club is pretty strong!

8. ixarix

ixarix Prince of guides.

Ratings:
    +3 /0
    I noticed this image when I was looking at some of the preview material for Setsubun event. Was a little disappointed that it wasn't one of the rewards from the game. Glad to see it will be released a an item one can purchase. It looks very cool.

9. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    So far, I know that in HK Home's Edo I'm around a rank where I can get the bike, but not the LMO animation. I'm close to it, but I'd rather be happy getting the rest of the old lady rewards. Hell, it's like 50 some people are playing it, honestly! :p

EU I know needs some time and work to get through with my crappy sword until I get pounds later on next week, but I should start with NA if I wanted to. Once I do get those rewards from the ogre game, I'll just earn more ryo for the old lady in those regions and finally stop after the last reward from her.

10. fred van roode

Ratings:
    +5 /0
    what can you do with the old lady????

11. fred van roode

Ratings:
    +5 /0
    aaawww i am rank 247

12. fred van roode

Ratings:
    +5 /0
    nice rank 206 now hehe

13. fred van roode

Ratings:
    +5 /0
    well i finish this day at place 204

14. BIg Red Machine

BIg Red Machine Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    good question

15. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Use the ryo you earned and meet her. She'll open up a list of rewards to buy from her.

16. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    Can we selectively unlock only the rewards we want out of the 11 available? Or, am I forced to receive whatever stuff unlocks automatically upon accumulating certain ryo scores?

I only want the shining double horns for 2500p and the clothing items.

17. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    You're only accumulating ogre points, so what you get for kills, you get for your score and whatever reward it unlocks.

18. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Yeah, you can't choose what to unlock. You unlock each item as your points surpass the score required to unlock it.

I got the Oni Out, Blessing In" Scroll at 1500 pts!

And the Shining Double Oni Horn at 2500 pts!!

I decided to buy a little bit more for the event. I got a armor top. Cause it's too easy to die. though it's very possible to defeat the game without a scratch as long as you got a good weapon. And the Black Metal Club is definitely the weapon to get. I also got shuriken($1.49) because sometimes I want to get the monster's attention without running up to him. Also got the Recovery Medicine.

If anyone who is new to this (like me) is going to play this, I really recommend buying the following:
    • $0.99 Medicine for Recovery. That gives full health if you are damage. One use per mission.
    • $2.49 Black Metal Rod
    • $2.49 Dokuganryu's Samurai Armor (Torso) for defense. You can survive without it, but it really helps.
    You can buy other stuff to help. But that's the basics to win. With tactics, that's all you need. :)

Btw, I found I like this way better. Just buy the $2.49 Black Metal Rod and the $4.99 Edo Apartment which provides infinite healing in the game!! NO ARMOR and I'm kicking demon booty! :)

19. mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
    +47 /6
    Remember use your weapon to block Orge's attack, if you can't go anywhere.
    It can reduce much damages than you don't do anything.

20. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    Thanks for reminding me about that madman! LunarEmerald's video link had a few surprising gameplay tactics I wasn't aware of.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but what buttons do you press to use Block/ Parry enemy attack?
    and what button combo is used to do a Dodge Roll, letting you slip underneath an oni's club swing?
    thanks!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted