Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphy race guide

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by satuli, Jul 20, 2010.

1. satuli

satuli Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +1 /1
  2. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Real nice work on this hun, good up the good work :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Pingus

Pingus Member

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Just wanted to help fill in the information about the Dolphy effects :)

1. Simple Bubbles (you start with these)

2. I already had 100 votes before the Dolphy update and I had the snowflake and fall leaves effects when I logged in. After that I won, in order: Fun Stars, Blue Flames, Waterdrops, Puzzle Pieces (200 votes). Also I think that in the beginning I won Sparkle (Big) before Sparkle (Small) but I am only 90% sure.

***Removed By Admin*** (Thanks Carla :))

Great job on this thread satuling, thanks again!

• sdw4

sdw4 Member

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Winning dolphy rewards

I'm having difficulty receiving these 2 rewards:
      Dolphy race guide, Jul 20, 2010, 2:10 PM, YourPSHome.net, 641Dolphy race guide, Jul 20, 2010, 2:10 PM, YourPSHome.net, 641
      I have voted for the winning dolphy in a lot of races, but I still haven't been rewarded with these yet. Is there a specific dolphy that these rewards are attached to or something?

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
      +261 /59
      Its not been fully clear, sometimes they seem linked to set looking dolphy, but it seems more like there just given out at random for winning bets on the normal (old) short race and not the new star race.

• sdw4

sdw4 Member

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Would you believe that I literally just got the star dolphy ornament? xD

There was only one user's dolphy racing, and it won.

I don't understand why it only unlocked now o_0. Hopefully I'll get the last one soon.

Edit: On another note, I received the "red horns" from the Star course, but only the male version. Does it not give you both gender equivalents at the same time? [I'm male btw xD]

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
      +261 /59
      You unlock each sex and color 1 at a time.

• sdw4

sdw4 Member

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      OK, thanks :)

Seems like a weird way of rewarding :confused: - I think the BZB maze is about the only other mini-game that does something similar to this...

• Pingus

Pingus Member

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      From what I have seen you have to bet on a different contestant number / colour ring to win each figurine and each male / female blue / red horns combination. So if you won a figurine on the 2nd contestant in the dark blue ring you can't win any more figurines by betting on that ring. You have to win on one of the other rings. It's easier to pick winners when there are less community dolphies racing (since the Hudson dolphies have more varied attributes and happinesses) so if you log in to Hudson gate and there isn't anyone else there (or no-one is racing) you may want to stick around and wait for the next race(s) instead of leaving in between.

Just in case you didn't already know, on the Challenge Course Bomberman, Momotaro, Yugo, BONK and Challenger seem to do well and on the Star Course the better ones seem to be Lazaro S, Starbrain S and Master. I have actually seen these three beat community dolphies with good statistics and happinesses on several occasions.

Good luck!

• sdw4

sdw4 Member

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Thanks for the info XD

• Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Is it possible to have stats total more than 30 by using super fish?

• kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator

Ratings:
      +263 /52
      I've never been able to do it.

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
      +261 /59
      No 30 is the max, using superfish after that point edits your stats, I'm sure Satu can say better how it works :)

• satuli

satuli Administrator

Ratings:
      +1 /1
      Hi,

I never seen a Dolphy with skill sum above 30 (in any of the races in JP and NA +some few in EU I have been attending, probably 500+ in total). I have seen some funny posts with skill sums 30+ in various forums, but they where usually made by newbies in Dolphy racing or someone really bad in math ;). If you ever come by one in the real race, I suggest you report the owner and the Dolphy name for disturbing games just in case (and take a picture for the rest of us to see also).

The skill modification usually works like in my top post Super Fish part. There seems to be some weird behavior with some Dolphys where giving only two type of super fish only modifies those two skills back and forth. I my self have given up racing nearly totally few weeks ago (once my Clumsy reached 500 votes and got the worst effect ever for it) and I was never that interested in the skill modification to really dig into it. If some of you have solved the thing completely, please share the info here so that many of the Super Fishes in our seas will be saved :)

• Jennifer Horvath

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Does anyone know what would be the best stats (how much in each) to aim for?

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
      +261 /59
      The games really abit to random to call best stats, plus there is 2 tracks that call for diff type of stats to be good in them, what most learned is something like 16,14,10 is a good alround stat.

• Jennifer Horvath

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      But I thought you couldn't learn more than 30 overall? o-o ...And that equals 40.

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
      +261 /59
      I made a typing mistake sorry, its right you can not have over 30, sould have been 16 - 10 - 4

• crow6828

crow6828 i'm not crazy really

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      well for me i tried to keep the stats close to even. asher is 9,10,11 with 4 star wins, ruin is 11,9,10 with a win in both races, and my new drago is 12,9,9 and won his first 2 races on the challenge course. now i am not such if the test course in the dolphy space helps other than making them happy but most races i have seen dolphies with close to even stats have won most of the races. once in a while one with crazy stats has won the challenge course though lol :)

• K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
      +2 /0
      my 3 dolphies have these stats:
      Narusegawa 12 9 9 won 10 challenge + 12 star
      Rinoa 14 8 8 won 14 challenge + 1 star
      Nausicaä 13 10 7 won 14 challenge + 0 star
      but i must admit that i register always Naru at star, always Rinoa at challenge
      Nausicaä races both types and she's close to win her 1st star (at least i really hope)

Verification:
    Draft saved Draft deleted