Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphy race guide

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by satuli, Jul 20, 2010.

1. satuli

satuli Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +1 /1
    I did put the strategy thing trough a test last night again.. First had both of my grown up US dolphys (20-9-1 , 14-9-7) race with front runner.. and both won their starts easy. Later tested with my Japanese ones (20-9-1 , 15-9-6) with the agility strategy and both lost their starts, even with not really hard competition in them. Let's go (20-9-1) passed a lot more rings clean (8) than she does normally (1-3) but her speed was so lousy, only like the half of the speed she has with front runner. With Hi-Ho (15-9-6) I could not see any noticeable difference in her race behavior, she might even clear more rings on a good day with speed strategy.

2. the_fps

the_fps Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I noticed the Japan store is supposed to be updated with new dolphin skins. Looks like a tiger and zebra. I am glad dolphin skins seem to be getting continued support, I cant wait for this to hit other regions.

3. DarkJestic

DarkJestic Mighty Gamer™

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    There's coming a report about newest [Japan Dorufiresu race] update from Satuli. It includes new features and changes which happens on that update. There's also so much new to translate so it takes a while before it hits here.

4. satuli

satuli Administrator

Ratings:
    +1 /1
    Next applies currently to Japan only ..
    NA will get it probably in the next few moths.. (EU not .. the picture frames are such big issue for Germans)

Thanks DarkJestic.. you have been the most valuable help in scanning and translating Japanese from my lousy digi pictures tonight..

So we have an new track in Japan .. "Star Course" is two laps figure eight shapes course around Hudson Space. One lap has 14 different rings. Speed Escape is really difficulty in this course and it's not a technical ability level.

There is also a new score board type of display in your dolphy central view, where you can easily follow up on the progress of your dolphy(s) (sadly not visible to the visitors in your dolphy room).
    The lines show the victories on the "normal" and the new "Star course" -races and total number of votes it had during all its races.

Dolphy race guide, Jul 20, 2010, 2:10 PM, YourPSHome.net, 641

The race now runs with 20 min cycles starting from even hours.. so :00 :20 :40, with "Star course" and the old ring course every other time. The new course is considerable longer so stamina will definitely have more to say in it than the old one where 9 still is enough. Also canceling race invitations will play bigger role now (sending all 3 in with random strategy might lead to funny and unwanted results).

There are new skins available for purchase from the Hudson shop:
    Tiger and Zebra chairs give you similar skins on your dolphys. (a' Y100)
    5 different picture frames (a' Y200) give you variety of skins everything from transparent ice to animated rainbow coloring.
    Also at least two new effect's are available (they probably come with the chairs). There are snow flakes and brown autumn leaves available currently.

Last but not least..

New Tiara's also available for the lucky winners on the "Star course", I got a bronze tiara for my first win in there tonight with "Hi-HO 2nd" .. and also won the next "Star course" race with "Let's go" nearly immediately there after :)
    Hope this brings back some fun to the boring "game".. at least got me going again.

**All translations from Japanese (really poor images too) done by DarkJestic. He also figured out most of the new things before I even got in.. Kiitos Nico

Hope this hits the NA home soon.

-Satu

5. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    ohhh great news, im thinking about to buy this space in Japan (have it in Europe) so i can use this new race and change also aspect of my dolphies, unless i'll wait til it's available in North America (English easier for me than Japanese) or just pray they stop to mess with picture frames in Europe ^^ (ok not realistic or not before year 2158)

6. Pingus

Pingus Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thanks satuli for reporting on the Japan updates :) I can't wait until they hit NA home!

My friends and I have also been experimenting with strategies and it seems like only the speed and stamina strategies are beneficial. I guess there is so much luck involved in hitting the rings that the agility strategy, like the agility attribute, has limited usefulness.

The edge you get from the speed and stamina strategies seems to depend on what stats the dolphy has. The even dolphies (10 10 10) seem to do better with speed while the ones with a small difference between highest and lowest attributes (11 8 11, 8 12 10, 12 9 9, 11 10 9) seem to do better with the lower attribute boosted (lower of speed and stamina, not including agility) and the ones with a big difference between their highest and lowest attribute (14 10 6, 13 7 10, 17 6 7, 15 9 6) seem to do better with the higher attribute boosted (again higher of speed and stamina, not including agility).

BTW we measured using race times rather than winning position because winning position is dependant on the other dolphies. It may be worthwhile to note that the fastest race times of 1:45 were scored by dolphies with 10 10 10 + speed, 11 8 11 + stamina and 13 9 8 + speed (happinesses 88, 84, 86). If these dolphies had been raced together, the outcome would have been totally dependant on luck.

When my dolphies were growing up, I noticed they preferred to have their weakest attribute boosted ("really likes" strategy as opposed to "likes" or "ok with") but now they really like everything. The friends that I have asked say the same thing but none of us know why :confused:

I also found a post on dolphy stats on the NA forum (http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/Opinions-on-dolphy-stats/td-p/46226023). It seems like opinions and results are still widely varying - curse that ring hitting randomness!

At the end of the day, it really seems down to luck more than anything else :p

7. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Azura just won her first race in Japan and was on the new harder layout also :)

Dolphy race guide, C.Birch, Oct 2, 2010, 5:12 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, 3.jpg Dolphy race guide, C.Birch, Oct 2, 2010, 5:12 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, 2.jpg Dolphy race guide, C.Birch, Oct 2, 2010, 5:12 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, 1.jpg

8. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    Congrats Carla,

I have so many disappointments with my European dolphies that i wonder whether i'll try to get the US and Japanese version or wait any longer...

9. satuli

satuli Administrator

Ratings:
    +1 /1
  10. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    Hi all
    I started to alter my maxed dolphies statistics using superfood and it worked for Rinoa who was 12 9 9 and won today being 13 8 9
    I'll keep on alter Narusegawa (was 8 10 12 and now 9 9 12) to increase her speed
    Nausicaä, the last one is growing, now 18 6 4 and intend to have her 20 6 4
    I think i'll buy the space in Japan now, just waiting for this week update to check whether they decided to sell new clothes or not before buying the space

Again, thanks Satu for your help, see you at hudson or at Your PS Home club (i'm registered with US ID)

11. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    Hi all,

I double post just to update my race status. This week was a really good one for my 3 pets.
    - Monday Rinoa, changed from 12 9 9 to 13 8 9 won easily her race
    - Tuesday, Rinoa, again won her second in a row (3rd overall) with same attributes
    - Wednesday, Nausicaä had her 1st victory as a fully bred dolphy (20 6 4)
    - Thursday, golden day for my team
    >>Narusegawa (10 8 12) had her 1st ever victory, despite she's my eldest dolphy
    >>Rinoa (14 8 8) had her 3rd victory in 4 day span
    >>Nausicaä (still 20 6 4) won her 2nd in a row

Many people are scared by Nausicaä's statistics, it's funny to look at their reactions about this. Some are impressed, others just react badly saying it'll never work... I love to show them how wrong they are.

Next step now is breeding japanese dolphies. As yesterday's update was really poor in Japan (one month without really interresting clothes now), i'll buy a Dolphy room there tonight or tomorrow and 'll start to breed new dolphies there as i'll keep on altering my first ones to increase their speed vs agility.

I'll keep on let you know how it works and share my impressions about this subject.

12. Werner H.

Werner H. Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hallo Delfine Freunden!!! eine Frage,wer weis es wenn man die Werte 30 kopl. hat,bringt es dann was mit Spezial-Futter weiter zu geben!!!!!! wenn ja,warum?????????
    Im vorraus vielen Dank..
    Gruss Werner H.

13. satuli

satuli Administrator

Ratings:
    +1 /1
  14. satuli

satuli Administrator

Ratings:
    +1 /1
    NA and EU Dolphy race was updated today :)

First Star course win and Bronze Tiara for Carrot too!!!

15. satuli

satuli Administrator

Ratings:
    +1 /1
  16. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    good work hun, really helpfull for them dolphy lovers of home :)

17. satuli

satuli Administrator

Ratings:
    +1 /1
  18. pitviper23

pitviper23 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hi all i'm confused as i have voted and won numerous times and I have won both the ladies horns and none of the male's. Yet i don't even own the space.

19. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    you dont need to own the space to win the horns there just rewarded at random for picking the right winner of the star race.

20. Benjamin Aquino

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    How to raise my Dolphy stats! Help!

I am so confused. My dolphy's are all fully grown and I have been logging on everyday to feed them fish to raise their stats and nothing! What am I missing. I need help. How can I win a race when stats dont increase?

www.myspace.com/aquizero

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted