Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devs... What Are They Like?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Adrian, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Adrian

Adrian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 /5
    Well, it can be a bitter sweet relationship between the devs and us.

They scribble away for weeks, months, they conceptualise, and make artwork, and we go plop! no ty.

Its really cool that devs love home, but that has its drawbacks, like when a dev makes something that they're sure is a winner, and we are not too interested.

But when they make our dreams come true xx

I love the passion of the devs, but...

I really think, perhaps more so than some other mediums, that they need to listen to what people want.

I can only liken it to comedy... its very difficult to shout at people telling them to laugh, but if they don't fell the vibe from your joke then you die on stage, and devs can love a space all they want, but they really need us end users on side.

I guess this is a footnote from that "The story of Home article " , Home was new and experimental, the experiment has been run, now they need to look at what worked and why.

It does seem they want some further experimentation.

2. kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +263 /52
    Listening to your target audience has always been a hallmark of a good manufacturer of anything. When a company doesn't, it's up to us to speak with our wallets. Unfortunately some will buy anything. Always support what you like and don't buy crap just because it's new.

3. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    It's hard for dev's to get feedback, online forums are only a small part of the full Home community, so end of the day sales data is likely the main factor of what way they will go with content, and why online forums might so a dislike for a item, the rest of the home community might have all got it.

You also got the flip side where some well post to say somethings great just to keep a dev sweet or keep in with the cool gang, this misleads dev's sometimes into thinking thats the content people want.

So end of the day within a direct way for the full home community to give feedback, its hard for a dev, Home needs a item rating system in the stores so people can rate the items they buy and maybe comment, but only people that have got the item should be able to do this to stop the trolls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Adrian

Adrian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +26 /5
      Most retail sites now have the feedback system....

But here's a thing,

Retail web sites that allow feedback, but get "some" negative feedback fair better than websites with only good feedback, because the consumers feel that the feedback is more genuine.

• kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator

Ratings:
      +263 /52
      While I agree with most of CB's comments, I don't think SOME devs try to listen to their audience at all. It does take effort. However, I still think a solid effort has its rewards.

• Like Like x 1
      • Adrian

Adrian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +26 /5
        Well, as though Atom heard me :) (smirk smiley)

• draven_johnson

Ratings:
        +0 /0
        Ive always wanted to meet a dev and just chat. I think that would be cool.

~username: purple622~

• Like Like x 1
        • gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
          +22 /11
          Home is a business so the only real data is money taken. A rating system would be so effected by the users that rate everything on home by saying " woot woot " or the users that say everything is rubbish.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Verification:
        Draft saved Draft deleted