Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Island tips and stories, questions and anything else related to this minigame

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Firefly, Aug 18, 2011.

1. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    No I think you're right, in Wave 1 the zombies staggered around and didn't run. Seems in Wave 2 some of them run and lunge at you now, makes it a little harder but still easy to beat if you space yourself right. Makes me wonder what Wave 3 will be like :p

2. Smack

Smack The Realm Of AnarchY

Ratings:
    +3 /0
    Was thinking to take there legs out from under when they get that fast. Wave 3 will be Stick and move just stick and move, and hope the bladesaw tears up to help out..

3. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Just cut their leg when you stand on the bottom of the circular step location. Hack them legs that way on the lower portion of the stair when they come at you.

4. Diamond_Dust

Diamond_Dust ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ Innocent ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    They've ran and lunged before, it just seems more frequent in Wave 2.

5. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    ::p: !!!POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!! ::p:

The community reward for killing 20 million zombies, Dead Island Severed Head Ornament. Friend of mine spotted this under the EU content list for this week, I think this is the same one mentione in the NA Blog that users can win for reaching the community goal.

Dead Island tips and stories, questions and anything else related to this minigame, KCChad, Aug 26, 2011, 4:35 AM, YourPSHome.net, png, 4ada81e9770fde4786e68a9302d07074.png

6. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Nice one Chad :thumbsup:

7. Pendrake

Pendrake Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I guess this means that we can't win it in the EU and have to buy it if we want it. :(

8. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    must be four people who can help you from here or your club dont ask me though I shout cry havok and listen to march of the valkyries when I play lol

9. Pendrake

Pendrake Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Not to worry, I got there in the end. :)

Fully up to date for the moment on Dead Island and the remaining tasks don't require me to work with random strangers, yay!

10. IronJoker-iJ

IronJoker-iJ Fashionista
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    OK, I FINALLY completed all of the challenges Woohoo!

So here is what I can share:
    - Waves 2 and 3 were so much like the 1st, I almost couldn't tell the difference. They move slightly faster, and they lunge a little more =)

- Trying for that high score? Here is the trick... don't stop stompin when they die! Just keep keep going until there is nothing left or you need to flee =) points continue long after they are "dead"... yet again.
    Step one, chop off all there legs with a sharp weapon class using the X low-attack, the crawling mass moves much slower. Second, try and get singles seperated from the crawling crowd to buy you more stomping time. Third, try and do them one at a time until there is nothing left. With a little practice you will at least be near the top of the "on scene" leader-board, and if you can get into the 12k range, might even make all-time =)

- Challenge Finishing Moves: The one I had the most trouble with in the challenges list was the finish moves. Previous posts were right, each crafted weapon has a finish move. My problem was I was not using the correct attack height for half of them to get it to trigger!! The stomp is pretty self explanatory... R1 until the triangle appears and let it rip. The other weapons I got to work by using the square high-attack and then hitting triangle quick before they fall down. That should do it.. =)

- All the rest are just as they say... make this.. give that... chop this.. clear that wave .. etc

Hope this helps! I was stuck =)

~Tina / iJ

11. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thank you for this, Tina. :eek: Having multi-accounts, you have saved me much time and grief. Time seems to be in short supply lately, so I appreciate the tip on the finishing move. ;D ~Kane

12. Pendrake

Pendrake Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I've finished all goals now. Is the code we get a one use code or not? I notice that if you go back into the game after completion and check the goals then the code is displayed again, which seems like a nice touch but also sounds tricky to do if the code were personal, so I'm suspecting it's just a general code that'll be spread around in no time.

I'm undecided whether I'll get the game but there were three Home items to win too, so it's all good. :)

13. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Please people!!!
    I need help with 3 awards for the Dead Island Game at the US Central Plaza.
    Those 3 are the 2 multiplayer ones and the finishing moves one.

Everytime i go there theres no one playing multiplayer, and i have no idea about what are those finishing moves except the one where you kick a head off from a fallen zombie.

If anyone, i mean ANYONE can help me with those, please add me on PSN so we can play it together.
    My PSN ID is JamesBR27.

Thanks!!!!!!!

14. Pendrake

Pendrake Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    You already performed the hardest finishing move (in my view) so now you just have the easy ones to do. :)

Each special weapon that can be made from parts has a finihsing move. So, hit zombies with electric machete until a triangle symbol appears and then press triangle. Done. Now repeat for spiked bat, double axe and sawblade mace. The goal should then be complete. Hope it helps! (I don't visit US Home, so I can't help with multiplayer)

15. julie_love

julie_love Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 /0
    Thanks Tina and Kane. I'm working on completing the finishing moves Challenge today so I thought it would be helpful to have a list. Here is what I have to far.

4 crafted weapons and the football kick so there are 5 Finishing moves. 1 is a Low attack using X, the other 4 are all High Attacks using square.
    • Football kick: Take a zombie down by chopping its legs off with a machete or ax using X for low attacks. When a zombie is down a triangle appears above it's head. Hit triangle and you'll kick the zombie's head off.
    • Double Ax: Use High attacks by hitting square with the double bladed ax. A triangle will appear allowing you to split the zombie's head in half with the ax.
    • Electrified Machete: Use High attacks by hitting square with the Electric Machete. A triangle will appear above its head allowing you to stab him and electrocute him.
    • Sawblade Mace (Chainsaw): Use High attacks by hitting square. A triangle will appear above his head allowing you to use the chainsaw to cut him in half vertically.
    • Spiked Bat: Use High attacks by hitting square. A triangle will appear above his head allowing you to finish him off with the spiked bat.

16. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Same technique for the spiked bat, high attack (square) until the triangle appears.

17. julie_love

julie_love Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 /0
  18. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Speaking of Dead Island, there was a 4th blood splatter reward item given to you from a promo code, according to Alphazone, and it says it is gone. I'm surprised that I have not gotten this from my PMs. Was this given to you also from buying the pre-ordering of the Dead Island game through NA Home?

This blood splatter shows the Dead Island logo on it, and it looks cool.

19. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    There's one in the Deep Silver shop that's almost identical to the 4th Blood Splatter that was sent out to people via codes, Blood Splatter 1. The splatter design is slightly different but both have the Dead Island logo.

Blood Splatter 1
    Dead Island tips and stories, questions and anything else related to this minigame, KCChad, Sep 5, 2011, 5:25 AM, YourPSHome.net, png, f033aa6d7b029c3e696d40c86ee6901f.png
    Blood Splatter 4
    Dead Island tips and stories, questions and anything else related to this minigame, KCChad, Sep 5, 2011, 5:25 AM, YourPSHome.net, png, 29f5d672bdf05a1e23230c5501fd8552.png

20. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Oh, okay. But I guess this reward was only given to random people in their emails. I've checked and there was no such thing, even in my spam folder.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted