Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Island tips and stories, questions and anything else related to this minigame

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Firefly, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    The game is cool and lovin' it. The only portion I find it disturbing is that when I strike the zombie and while is on all fours it feels like Rodney King's beating by the Police. O.O Its like you just have this weird mental image with a weapon in hand and clubbing or hacking the zombie with Rodney King scenario. O.O GGGAAAHHHHHHHH!!! o.o

2. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Yes EU seemed ok this morn--my progress in Dead Island had been restored there which was a big relief. I also got my Ooblag creds back in all regions. However, I tested DI game in NA by doing the first wave single player and left CP/returned--same problem--no progress recorded.

3. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    My take on it...
    Dead Island tips and stories, questions and anything else related to this minigame, Art_of_Ronin, Aug 19, 2011, 5:09 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, FFFUUUUU__by_AmyJusta.jpg
    LMAO!!..hee hee xD

4. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Seems we may have to wait a bit longer for NA to fix their own bug. If the leaderboards are showing up and the dates are on the new weapons and locked waves, then it should be okay.

5. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    Its the update day curse in EU its Thursday morning when home updates usually comes back bout 1pm ish but nothing really works properly till Friday

6. ted2112

ted2112 Keyblade Master

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Dam L3 button!
    I keep hitting it and the full chat screen comes up blocking my view of the line of zombies pouncing on me!

7. Smack

Smack The Realm Of AnarchY

Ratings:
    +3 /0
    Has anyone else did the group of zombies around the shower, I can't seem to pull it off, does it electrocute the zombies and kill them ?

Or is it just the regular electric machetee special that looks like it..

8. Diamond_Dust

Diamond_Dust ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ Innocent ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I've tried it but I don't believe it one bit...it looks like I'm missing just one more finishing move which I'm assuming is from the locked weapon. I've lured a group, I've checked the shower with the machete equipped, I've tried it in multiplayer games and single, but nothing. :no:

9. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I'm very sure the shower doesn't make a bit of difference, It seems I've done all the possible Finishing moves as of now.

10. we3jesters

we3jesters Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yeah I was mistaken about that. Turns out that the first time I did it was vs a group and someone else was also still attacking with the electronic machete. It also just happened to be by the shower...heh... my bad!

*note to self... no more giving gaming advice when less than sober...

11. Smack

Smack The Realm Of AnarchY

Ratings:
    +3 /0
    Yea that's what I'm thinking, and there should be 2 more special that need unlocked with the double axe and the sawblade, unless you goto use the double axe before the fixed it..

12. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    does it save progress in NA yet?

13. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I did this last night, Hopper, and yes it has finally been fixed. I checked it myself a few times after reaching a certain challenge, and re-entered CP and found it still there. I played a few more, unlocked a few more, and did it again - same effect. So, I think it's safe to do what you can now.

14. Soft Power

Soft Power Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    This game is still pretty glitchy in NA. I played the single player this morning and a bunch of other players were visible in the combat area, swinging invisible weapons at their own zombies. I then tried the photobooth again, but the glitch went away. Honestly I would have liked having random people in the shot.

Well I don't have reason to play single player anymore. It seems like the same number of zombies spawns in both modes.

15. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yep, it worked, but the stupid part is that with the parts you gather it resets everytime! I hate it! xD I wish we can accumulate the parts we find so in the next wave we can craft more stuff without resorting to run around CP for minutes on end...End rant. :p

16. phunky~phenom

phunky~phenom I Sing With An Accent

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Anybody know the sequence for items? I realized that if you run up to item bag, it no longer changes. lol

17. Pendrake

Pendrake Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I have all four shirts and all of the achievements which are currently possible besides the four player survival one.

It's daft trying to get that.

- If you join a room then the leader launches before there are four people.
    - If you host then people get bored of waiting for four and keep leaving.
    - If you fluke it and finally get four people, then one of them will be Hasty McFlail the mad suicide slasher and will disappear under a heap of gorged zombies within the first 30 seconds and be impossible to revive as you can't get to him.
    - When Hasty McFlail isn't playing, your fourth member will be the ADHD kid who joined last and didn't realise that the game would take longer than five seconds to play. He'll disconnect.
    - If neither Hasty McFlail or the ADHD kid are playing in your group, then say hello to Immuno Boy. A rare sight, certainly, but Immuno Boy can not be harmed by zombies. He just stands there drawing the attention of all of them at once. Sometimes he'll even move about and start idly exploring the beach huts and trees, but he is as unable to harm zombies as they are to harm him. Because they all bunch so tightly around Immuno Boy, nobody else can find a lone zombie to tackle, and so they have to attack the huge pile, dying in the process. Immuno Boy has no concept of revival and will continue to inspect the scenery with interest. Eventually, all other players will quit.

That's how it goes for me anyway. Fun though. :)

18. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Just spotted this in the NA blog

19. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Wave 2 is now live, as well as the ability to craft and use the Double Axe...just in case anyone's interested lol.

20. theWook

theWook Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    True that. Although wave 2 seemed harder to me than wave 1. I thought the zombies move faster and there are more of them. Could be my imagination though. :p

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted