Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aurora space tips & rewards

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HOPPER_34, Mar 19, 2011.

1. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I forgot to mention, after I caught it the first time and it didn't reward me the chair, I signed on and off multiple times to see if it would gift me again. The fish was still in my Challenge Manifest but it wouldn't reward me the chair, so I had a friend gift me some Lockwood gift machine rewards to test if I was able to to get any rewards, and those went through. Right after receiving those I went back to Sky Fishing and caught a Mech-Angler Fish on my first try, and it rewarded me the chair that time.

But yeah, moral to this story is, the rewards system has been :censored:'ed since 1.55 and especially for me this past update :turn:

2. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Pretty sure I caught my two Mech-Anglers using a Starfish lure, so that would lead me to assume you catch the Jellyfish using the Plasma Globe lure. Just for the sake of the screwy reward issues right now though I'm gonna wait a little before I start casting again :p

3. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    that what I'm thinking too.

4. Kazza

Kazza Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    THANK YOU CHAD... I just went to buy a reward from loco roco, than straight back to fishing, caught mech-angler and got the reward

39/40, just the jellyfish left :)

5. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Yeah something is wrong with this game too, no doubt. The only items I need are the 4 mystery items on the last page--I have tried for hours and hours over the past 2 days to at least get the starfish lure and its just not there. :censored:

6. IggyMonster45

IggyMonster45 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    Last night I caught two of the Anglar fish using the Starfish Lure, the time was around midnight. I've tried several times to catch this thing, but never did, so I'm thinking it must be a timed thing. Anyone else have a time when they caught their anglar? If this be the case, then the jellyfish maybe a noon catch, yeah? I also did not receive the rewards after catching this. So I asume its a trip to Midway before my next attmept. I had the same issue getting the Peacoat, so I went and beat endochrome, got the reward and went back and got the coat. WEird.

7. IggyMonster45

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    Ok so I caught the Jellyfish between 11am-12noon. Last night I caught the Mech-Fish between 11pm-Midnight. I had to buy a locoroco thing to get the reward to work. Tried switching my PS3 clock to see if I could fool the game, was wrong, and spent extra pickories on badges I don't want. So best guess to to try at those times.

8. Kazza

Kazza Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Just completed the Challenge Manifest, catching The Colossus rewards you with "The Colossus Picture Frame", strangely there was no other reward for completing the manifest, quite disappointed, but hey did it all for free :p

P.S. I caught The Colossus 2pm EST, so adjust the time on your end and you should be able to catch it too. Good luck :) Aurora space tips & rewards, Kazza, Oct 10, 2011, 4:21 AM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, PlayStation®Home Picture 10-10-2011 14-39-24.jpg

9. seedle01

seedle01 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I caught the Colossus this morning but I didn't receive the reward. I also caught it for my flatmate and she didn't receive the reward either. My Challenge Manifest is now complete, and I've recaught the Colossus several times in an attempt to trigger the reward with no success. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

10. IggyMonster45

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    Get a reward in another lounge, come back and get this reward.

11. sam_reynolds01

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Good work guys :thumbsup:
    Which lure did you use?

12. seedle01

seedle01 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    My friend sent me a free item from the Lockwood Gift Machine, I then went back to Aurora and caught another Colossus but still no reward. Sooo frustrating!

13. seedle01

seedle01 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I used the Plasma Globe.

14. Kazza

Kazza Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yean that can happen, I had to purchase 2 loco roco rewards, thus wasting my pickories in order for the reward to pop up. Just get one reward at a time, than go straight into fishing for what you need, rinse and repeat until it unlocks.

15. sam_reynolds01

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Yep just got it myself, no reward though so i need to find some thing I don't have and see if I can get my pic.

Good work Chad our hunch about the lure paid off. XD

Edit: well none of these fix tips are working for me, all I can do is keep trying and hopefully will get a new update soon to fix the problems.

16. seedle01

seedle01 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I finally earned the Colossus reward last night. One thing I noticed which hasn't been mentioned is that after you have collected a reward from another space and return to the Sky Fishing game, the Colossus has to be the FIRST ITEM to appear and be successfully reeled in or the reward will not pop. I had to use the same technique to earn the Mech-Angler chair, and again that reward only popped when the Mech-Angler fish was the first item to appear :vb_banghead:
    Good luck everyone.

17. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Okay, I just started the Sky Fishing game, and used up all my 100 volicators or whatever and got all but 3 things: the messages in a bottle 1 and 4, and the last piece on the right under the treasures. I don't know how to get them. Are they random?

Plus, how do I get the special lures and the rare two fish from the ? page?

18. IggyMonster45

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    Hey, sorry this is off topic, but I haven't seen a thread for the Salt Shooter game. I'm having issues with level 25, where can I go to discuss this and hopefully get some help with it as well.

19. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    theres a salt shooter rewards thread post it there im on level 34 might be able to help

20. sam_reynolds01

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    it seems to be a random game, although the different lures can tip it in your favor.
    As for the ? Page, for the lures you just going to have to be patient but you will get them eventually. We think that you have to use the starfish lure to catch the mech angler fish, and the plasma orb lure to catch the colossus.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted