Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article: YPSH 3rd Anniversary Give Away: Lockwood Picks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C.Birch, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scaper

Scaper Guest

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  2. theWook

theWook Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yeah, I missed them myself too, as I am traveling and am on pacific coast time today. Oh well, though I'm bummed out, I have been the recipient if a lot of cool stuff in the past, so I can live with it. It still was a neat thing for Carla and Lockwood to do, even if it looks like it got leaked.

3. Iced-Tea-Bagger

Iced-Tea-Bagger Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    the worst part for me is that all the people posting ahead of me that they found it have like under 5 posts, they aren't even regular users.

im sure if xx_X2010X_xx didn't post the code on the official forums someone else would have, the people responding to it don't even know what ypsh is. so good way to bring awareness to the site. i still think the aurora halloween event is still worse, that wasted a few hours of my time, this only took 10 min.

4. Scaper

Scaper Guest

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yea. I browse YPSH forums a lot but I'm not a large poster here so I don't really deserve it anyway, but I think you at least deserve a code Tea-Bagger. Since this giveaway is about YPSH I think it would have been more fair and rewarding to give everyone with say 50 posts or more on this forum codes and not random people browsing the official playstation forums who came in at the right time, went 'cool, free stuff,' and downloaded with leaked codes.

It's the thought that counts though, just unfortunate some deserving people are quite cheesed they didn't redeem in time.

5. the_fps

the_fps Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    :( I wanted the planet Earth and neon furniture. I guess its a good thing that the codes went fast. It means people still love Home...the more the merrier. The last multi-use code I remember given out lasted for weeks (StarWars) but then again maybe it had more available.

6. ramrod701

ramrod701 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Wow, I've been on since noon looking and they'rw ALL used up? Doesn't seem fair but oh well....

7. martinsonj

martinsonj Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 /0
    Gah... I just found the codes myself a second ago. Ah well.. It was a good idea. Hopefully it will be repeated again in the near future.

8. VitalogyPJ

VitalogyPJ Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'm going to be straight honest and share my opinion about this giveaway.

It wasn't fair at all.

Why?

Well, the codes got up today and as I left for work at 7am and only got home now of course I don't have access anymore to the code (presented me as invalid) because the maximum downloads have been reached already, because those who found it probably (and don't tell me they didn't please) shared with friends who shared with more friends and so on, therefore it probably expired in 10min at the most.

Those who work for a living get NOTHING and those who are at home all day doing nothing get the gooddies... fairness yea -_-

9. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Unfortunately the code were put up on both the eu and us forums very early on, which both carla and lockwood had no control over.

10. Scotish-Heritage

Ratings:
    +7 /1
    i have an idea for the next ypsh code giveaway... MAKE IT MEMBERS ONLY!!! i had a friend give me the usa code at about 10 am eastern. i had already found the first half of each code but wasnt getting anywhere with the back half, so went to bed expecting to have time to track down the other halves... but some prick posted the code to a diff site screwing us loyal ypshers out of a good deal... i wanna destroy that prick for all he/she is worth. i wanted that earth, badly.

11. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Few things to keep in mind before passing comments.

Lockwood give us two codes that could be used 1095 times and give users 24 items of payed Lockwood content for free. Thats 2190 PSN Ids that got a total of 52,560 items of payed content for free. Lockwood did not have to give us anything to mark our sites birthday.

Has for timing, i work full time and things also had to be fitted in with Lockwoods working hours. Due to this i lost my morning break at work to make sure it all started off fine.

Last up, i have never seen any other fan Home site give anywhere near this much content away.

People will always miss out and if you want the content that bad, head to the Lockwood store and buy it, its all in there at a great value costing also.

12. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    People will always complain. It's very saddening to see the level of entitlement that some users – who probably never ever visited this site – complain away.

The promotion was wonderful and it's a testament to how they view yourplaystationhome. You do such a wonderful job Carla.

13. julie_love

julie_love Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 /0
    Best anniversary event ever. Thanks Carla and YPSH!

14. Smack

Smack The Realm Of AnarchY

Ratings:
    +3 /0
    Carla did a good job at this and Lockwood, they didn't have to do this giveaway but they was nice enough to do it and not everyone can get it..

I missed out on it and you don't here me complaining.

15. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I was thinking the same thing. I missed out on the codes but that's life. It's not like they're exclusive items or anything. If people needed to have them so badly, they could have bought them a long time ago.

Thanks to YPSH and Lockwood for holding the giveaway in the first place.

16. Christine Munro

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I would complain about the codes but when I look at the rewards list, it turn out I own 3/4 of the stuff already :xmas: oh well, at least someone else would have those items.

Futher more though, I just log in to my PSN account and got 6 message about the codes and I sent them all a reply saying "I didn't know you join YPSH!" which they repile "whats that? -___-::

17. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I was sleeping like a baby when this went live and all the codes got used up. :sleep1:

Never the less, congrats to those who got the codes, be it by hook or crook. :laughing:
    They were posted online for anyone to use, share, or post here, there or elsewhere.
    I'm sure many people appreciate Lockwood and Carla. :clapping:

18. enodrawkcab

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    bummer... found the codes too late... PSN says codes no longer any good.

19. Brandon-Berzerk

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    we love you Carla!! :D Long Live YPSH!!!

20. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Thanks, Carla. ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.