Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 free items in Home

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Iced-Tea-Bagger, Oct 14, 2011.

1. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    Thanks for the link I have followed your list and it still shows me only 5/10 for Bargarin Hunter Part 1, do I need to download all these items? I really don't want to download the female items if I don't have to. Is there something else I am missing or doing wrong? I did cancel the quest at one time and restarted it could this be the reason it is messed up? Thanks again for your help.[/QUOTE] gotta download it all

2. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Hey Joe--you will need ALL 10 of the following items to complete the first bargain shopper quest. I didn't really like having to get female items either, but I guess it's just part of the deal if you want to complete it. Go back to activity board after getting them and see if it says 10/10....if not, you may have to leave the space and return or leave Home and return. If those don't work then it's time to do "the dance".

Costumes-A/Z- Male-Burn Zombie Burn

Female Cuffed jeans
    Female Floral Spaghetti Strap Top
    Female Dual Tee
    Female Cut Out Sweater
    Female Flowery Cap
    Female Cropped Biker Jacket

Male Crumpled Denim Jacket
    Male Cowboy Boots
    Male Cowboy Denim Jeans
    Male Combat Dress Shoes

EDIT: .....and for anyone wondering what "the dance" is, it's the AFUT dance (All %$#@*$ Up Thursday dance). You just put your controller on the floor and do a little jig all around it to keep yourself from going nuts and breaking something.
    :facepalms:

3. JoeJr36

JoeJr36 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thanks Gary that was what the issue was, Happy New Year!

4. JoeJr36

JoeJr36 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thanks Hopper I downloaded all of the items and it went to 10/10 for part 1 and it gave me the Window Shopper trophy. I have downloaded all the items for part 2 and when I go back to the activity board it states 17/17 but it will not complete the quest, I have cleared the cache, went into threads in the hub, went in threads on the first floor of the mall, went to the second floor back down to the first floor back to the hub activity board and lastly I have quit home and went back in and it still states 17/17. Is there a trick to this? Happy New Year!

5. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Sounds like its time to do the dance Joe lol Actually I had the same thing happen.....just don't cancel the quest. You shouldn't have to go to any of the stores in the Hub itself for this. If you didn't get a message telling you to return to the first floor for your reward, then try going back to the activity board and use R1 to see if it is still telling you that you need to find one more (even though it shows 17/17). If it does, try going back to the store where you got the last one and maybe that will trigger the message. Other than that, it sounds like you have tried everything that I did--its just bugged, so hopefully it will pop up for you at some point.

Happy New Year to you as well.

6. JoeJr36

JoeJr36 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thanks Hopper, I tried going to the last store but that did not trigger the message so I did the dance although that did not trigger the message I sure felt better. I have not cancelled the quest yet as maybe Sony will fix the glitch before the quest ends on 01/05, but I am thinking if I cancel the quest and go to all the stores again maybe that will correct the problem and trigger the message.

7. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    I just want to point out that it appears to be IMPOSSIBLE to properly complete Bargain Hunter quests without doing a quit and restart of Home. The reason is that possession of the 17/17 items (which is actually 18/17, since you start at 1/17) is validated during the "Verifying Inventory" stage when you load into Home at the start. I was able to get it to update from 1/17 to 17/17 by visiting the Threads store. But it didn't actually trigger the completion notice (and the commemorative reward) until I restarted Home.

Secondly, after Banhi and Recca posted they were able to complete the Quest using Stitchkins and Diesel free items, SCEA apparently fixed that bug. It can only be finished by downloading the actual Quest items now. I know because I deliberately downloaded things like Diesel free items and the female Bushido helmet and the Mass Media sofa (both the "wrong" ones) and the quest counter would not update past 16/17.

So here is my list of the official items that will complete Bargain Hunter:

Threads > A-Z > Male > Twisted Metal > FREE: (10 free items)

Male items:
    DJ Icon Tee
    Double Button Jacket
    Down Anorak
    Ear Flap Cap
    Eyeball Head

Female Items:
    Felt Cloche
    Frayed Jeans
    Electric Dreads
    Empire Tee
    Frilly Black Blouse

Heavy Water > Furniture > Value Packs > Martian Arm Tattoo. $0.00. Last one down.
    Konami > Female > Konami Retro Pack > Torso >Bushido Armor: Helmet (male). $0.00.
    Lockwood > Double Time Sports > Female > Jewellery > Paintball Mask - Red Splattered (for Female). $0.00.
    Loot > Clothing > Female > Torso > Loot Mountain Bike - Green. $0.00. Tenth one down along the right.
    Mass Media > Wall Hangings > Blue "stripes and solids" chair. $0.00. Near the bottom.
    nDreams > nDreams Ltd > nParty > nParty:Horror > Party Sword Head (Female). $0.00. Last one down.
    VEEMEE > Veemee > Furniture > Ornaments > Foam Hand Guns - Discipliner (male). $0.00. Five spaces down.

You can tell that these seven are Quest items because they are hidden under the incorrect store icon for their category. Hope that helps clear up any confusion. Good luck :holiday:

8. holafo

holafo Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Can some give me this weeks free items before its thrusday, if theres any

9. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    There's the 17 free items that I listed above (Whatsamatta that wasn't enough for ya hola?? :book:). However if the "Bargain Hunter, Part 1" Quest is still available, then these are the 10 freebies from Dec 15th needed to complete that quest:

Costumes > A-Z > Male > Burn Zombie Burn > FREE:

Female items:
    Cuffed jeans
    Floral Spaghetti Strap Top
    Dual Tee
    Cut Out Sweater
    Flowery Cap
    Cropped Biker Jacket

Male items:
    Crumpled Denim Jacket
    Cowboy Boots
    Cowboy Denim Jeans
    Combat Dress Shoes

Aside from the 27 free store items and the two free Diesel Island items, then no, I guess there are no free items for this week.

10. Bluejays20092

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    no more free items ever again :facepalms:

11. EvilFluffyBunny

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I know, I'm going to miss the joy of collecting free items. It was fun while it lasted. :)

There's always the next batch of holidays to look forward to, though. ;D

12. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    It was fun while it lasted. ;)

13. Iced-Tea-Bagger

Iced-Tea-Bagger Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    it might just be delayed until the mall quest is over (if it isnt already) so there is no confusion. or it ended with the holidays season, since the last one was big. good news is it is now safe to buy old things from threads and not have it become free the next week, leaving you feeling like a dummy because now everyone looks like you.

14. Baron_Brain

Baron_Brain Notorious Dis-Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +21 /1

Um… I think you may be a bit premature with that "ever again" assumption — I sure didn't see any sort of announcement that these "Community Management" reward items were now permanently discontinued.

This weekly series of 10 freebie items were not part of the Winter Holiday Event — they were actually weekly "just because" gifts from the Community Management Team, begun back on October 13, 2011 as a continuation of their "end of Summer" freebies giveaway. Although the last two weeks worth of freebie items were incorporated as part of the "Bargain Hunter" holiday quest, they were still considered part of the normal "Community Management" giveaway series

All clothing items given away as part of this "Community Management" series have already been discontinued (or at least should have been), so it's unlikely that anyone will purchase an item only to find it suddenly free the following week. Further, none of these clothes are new, they all are nearly two years old (at the very least).

As many of you know, a while back I posted a accurate listing of the many clothing items we eventually received through mid- December 2011. I also had a fairly good idea of what the next 20 weeks of clothing releases afterwards would encompass — judging from the last three weeks of releases, my predictions are completely accurate. So… if and when SCEA's Community Management Team decides to continues these weekly freebies, there's still a whopping 160+ items remaining on that giveaway list (if they continue along the same pattern, of course).

Here's hoping… :holiday:

15. holafo

holafo Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Dont Let The Bed Bugs Bite! XD

Just wanted to be last to say something..

16. Bluejays20092

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    your very funny holafo :laughing:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted