Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

SERIOUS WARNING: Entering ANY Aurora space after 1.5 COULD freeze you out of Home

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by superlatives, Apr 20, 2011.

1. superlatives

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Folks:

Sorry for the "alarmist" nature of this thread ... unfortunately it IS true -- from personal experience.

Bottom line is this: IF you reached Level 55 or higher in Aurora BEFORE the 1.5 update, DO NOT enter EITHER the Aurora public OR private space.

Reason: once you do, the nDreams server will TRY to award you the reward for Level 55. At which point, your Home install will freeze.

AND -- every time you try to re-login to Home, the server will try to automatically reward that item to you, causing another freeze.

Later on I'll post a work-around for "restoring" Home which will allow you to use OTHER areas of Home; however, trying to enter Aurora spaces will reintroduce the reward freeze.

FYI this freeze MAY happen with OTHER auto rewards (ex: when you redeem a Home code before logging into Home). I have not tried that.

Again I'll post the workaround later ... it's QUITE involved! But to save you all some time, the following "common" fixes DID NOT work:

1. reinstalling the Home s/w

2. Deleting your Home saved game data files

Tried both of these and was STILL hit with the auto reward freeze at login.

Hope this helps some folks!

2. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    I'm glad to hear you figured out a work around Super. I'm only at level 40 so I guess it pays not to be ahead! This is pretty serious though and I hope they address the issue quickly.

3. v_Trillian_v

v_Trillian_v Fun Lover

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thanks for the info.

4. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    That seems like quite a serious bug, I went to aurora as soon as home was back up, luckily it hasn't affected me. Hope they can get it sorted soon.

5. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    I went to Aurora personal space and got level 55 reward too after seeing Chad's post in Aurora rewards thread. Awesome they have updated the space so fast! Not sure if the bug mentioned is sporadic or maybe has been fixed already? No problems here

6. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I'm not sure I wanna risk going there myself but if anyone that got this problem can get on home problem free now without having done any work around, please post here, I'd like to confirm if it's safe to go to aurora within the next 24hrs so I don't miss out on any xp :p

7. superlatives

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Campers:

FYI I'm STILL "writing" the partial workaround. But I thought I'd share some relevant info ASAP.

ReccaWolf has reported that the SAME Home login freeze occurred after "re-winning" the Cabinet reward at Tekken. Based on that report, it SEEMS that it's NOT limited to Aurora.

And based on ReccaWolf's report as well as my experience today, I THINK I can deduce some situations where a freeze MAY PROBABLY occur:

1. If Home freezes when receiving a new reward -- no matter where you are in Home -- you WILL freeze the next time you try to login Home. REASON: the server will TRY to re-award you that item at re-login.

2. If you enter a public OR private space where you are due a reward UPON ENTRY, you'll probably get this freeze bug.

3. If you enter a HOme item redeem code in XMB before logging into Home, the login freeze bug will probably get you.

4. Based on other reports, IF you've been in a space for a while and THEN receive a reward, it's unlikely you'll get the login freeze bug.

While I MAY be acting "over-cautious", I felt it important to "warn" you all. As I said I'm STILL writing the instructions for the partial fix ... but if you do this fix, be prepared to spend almost an hour! So ... I'd rather have my fix instructions NOT used! :)

8. superlatives

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Rachel:

I hope it gets fixed too ... FYI I'm just 200 points away from Level 60! :-(

9. Shaundi

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I decided to risk it... and got my level 55 reward without any problems... though I did have to download the space again after a home reinstall earlier so maybe since It had a bit of time to load the space thats why I got it alright? or it really is fixed.. though maybe if you have reached level 55 and don't want to risk it, then make sure to get the space off your list of downloaded spaces then redownload and go there as this gives the space time to load properly before you will be rewarded... this probably won't help anyone who has already been affected but if it helps anyone feel better about going to win the rewards that can only be a good thing :)

EDIT: I feel I should mention It was the aurora island apartment that I went and tried getting the reward from, if that makes any difference to anyones results in trying to get it.

10. superlatives

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Rachel:

Glad all is well on your end -- and thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, it didn't work :-( REdeleted Home and reloaded Aurora to no avail.

11. Shaundi

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    It was the apartment I specifically went to, if that makes any difference, I've edited that into my post so people try there 1st... maybe I should have mentioned that to start with... hopefully this all gets fixed quickly as I'd rather people didn't have to go to extremes and risk losing their hard earned stuff from other spaces/ games

12. Diamond_Dust

Diamond_Dust ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ Innocent ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I just reached level 10 in Aurora in the personal space and right as I got the reward I froze. Now I can't log into Home without freezing in the navigator. As I wait for everything to load up, I get the reward notification and my ps3 locks up.

13. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  14. Diamond_Dust

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I just tried deleting EVERY Home file on my PS3 (except apartment layouts) after backing up certain ones and I was able to load up into the tutorial without any problems and keep the reward I got without a new notification.

EDIT: I deleted the script settings, settings, character settings, and the file in the Game Data Utility folder. I loaded up into Home and I was able to load into Harbour Studios to begin the tutorial. After that I transferred my back up files back into the Saved Game Utility folder and loaded into Home without any problems.

15. superlatives

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Diamond:

Thanks for the post ... now I'm rewriting my "partial fix" post as a result of YOUR info!

HOWEVER ... can you NOW enter an Aurora space and NOT receive a "new reward" notification? After trying your info I STILL get that notification -- and the freeze!

16. Diamond_Dust

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'll check and see if I can load into Aurora, I'll let you know if I'm able to or not.

EDIT: Damn, I loaded into the public space (I do not own the personal space) and I received the award notification and froze :(

EDIT #2: And the cycle starts over...:mad: I'm going to have to redo my method again. I guess anyone who gets this bug stay away from Aurora for a while...

17. kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +263 /52
    v.1.5 issues

I went to CP to shop at kiosk. Upon entering I got a Socom shirt reward, no problems. Went shopping. No problems. Played both Aurora games. No problem.

Then I ran into kricky, who couldn't even buy anything in the Mall. Couldn't use wardrobe without freezing. I'm feeling very fortunate right now ....... welcome to 1.5 .

18. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    sigh.... seems like this happens with every new update.

Hope it doesn't delete any of our rewards like updates often do.....

19. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Dee is unable to use the wardrobe without crashing also.

20. JPConway

JPConway Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem - but everytime I try to sign onto the PS Forums - I keep getting a maintenance screen. Have had this issue now for over 24 hours. Anyone possibly know what is going on?

JPConway

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted