Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

Home 1.60 patch

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HOPPER_34, Dec 7, 2011.

1. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7

2. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
  3. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    Wow, a furniture limit upgrade at last, sadly I'm doubting many will wanna give up so many for active items but at least this opens up many more options for everyone (decorating Hollywood Hills shouldn't be too hard now ;D) and even if you keep to having 2 active items you still get 6 more places for normal furniture than before.

Nice to see about the companions/ portables and not having to bring those out again between spaces, now how about what this update will break :p

4. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Exactly my first concern when I see anything about core updates or patches in Home This could be a long day so be prepared. lol We shall see what kind of "I have a new problem" posts start showing up after the update.

5. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Core update day is scary day for sure, but it's good at long last the item limit is raised by quite a lot even though the actives are still not quite like we'd like them, I just don't get why active items would use so much space, I've seen normal items that seem a lot more active than the proper active ones :disgust:

6. Tarazuma

Tarazuma Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    FINALLY! Not even close to perfect, but better then it is currently. Now I can have fun with 4 actives out when I am playing around. Next they need to make 100 normal items and 5 active the standard.

And Dan is exactly right. Some of the active items are pathetic and there's no reason for them to be. Worst example is of course the skull chair. It makes no sense that you can place 50 of the lockwood laser lights in an apt, and cause massive slowdown and lag, but a stupid chair that makes a few skull eyes light up takes up 22 slots...

7. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1

There was a 3 minutes inactivity timeout on newly placed Arcade Cabinets?? That must have made them kind of unplayable...

Also, given that list of normal vs. active furnishing limits, we might be able to infer how much memory that Home must allocate to the Furniture application in total? One active item consumes 22 standard furniture slots.... holy moley :shocking:

8. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Pushed to news to save having two threads.

9. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    yes, it sure does provide some insight into the limitations there that so many have wondered about for so long. Maybe better with PS4? Ouch.

10. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Anyone want a seat :p Sometimes testing is fun ;)
    Home 1.60 patch, C.Birch, Dec 7, 2011, 6:30 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, PlayStation®Home Picture 11-11-2011 15-03-14.jpg

11. Bluejays20092

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    companion part is my favorite it was stupid that everytime we have to put are companions away :) happy ;D

12. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    LOL! XD

This will change a lot for me in my spaces, I'll be able to fill the ones that are too big and detail the ones that I have themed. All that built in shelving that the Waterfall Terrace and the Hollywood Hills house will finally have something on it! :eek:riginal:

13. the_fps

the_fps Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I bought the stupid chair too. But it it's defense it has a custom "sit" animation. I still wish I could turn the animation off and just have it as a regular item. That and the guillotine.:mad:

14. julie_love

julie_love Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 /0
    It sounds like they're "fixing" the glitch that allowed us to target a chair on another object and get on it. That will break my green block roof glitches in a few spaces. Will be sad to see that go.

15. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    It might actually become fun using them now. I could see using them that way before. Now if you could use a camera and the companions at the same time I'd be happier.

16. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Companions is good for me, takes me so long to get to the one i want from the list :p

17. the_fps

the_fps Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    For people like you they just need to add companions to the wardrobe so it can be organized a lot better.

I am really happy they are going to have the companions turn on automatically. I think I actually might buy a few because the one I bought a long time ago was never used. This is a great update. I just want active items you can in-activate and use them as regular items then I will never ask for anything again =P

18. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I'm happy for the item limit, the companion keep/put away, and the no time limit on arcade games. Excellent news! ^^

I hope this means that they are gonna fix the bugs for the missing rewards in the community theater as well as the other core spaces from those that played the Closed Hub Beta.

Can't wait for tomorrow! (^_^)v

19. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Can you imagine how large a space 50 whale sharks that wil be!!! I love the update. Finally a really smart improvement. Now i just have to pray that my floating objects don't fall under the new system. Time to make back ups of my apts just incase.

20. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    You may still be able to target those rooftop items by selecting one in the apartment and then scrolling with the L or R arrows. Hopefully, the patch just prevents the accidental targeting of them.

Looks like I'll have some furnishing to do this weekend. Sounds like fun.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted