Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Anime interests

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VampireWicked, Apr 18, 2011.

1. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Since there's no General Discussion on anything other then PSHome or games, i figure i'd try starting one & i think it fits here since there are game related anime. I'd like to hear what anime your interested in, even manga.
    Your Anime interests, Apr 18, 2011, 3:52 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2333
    My anime interests right now
    1. H.O.T.D. HighSchool of the dead
    2. Queens Blade
    3. AirGear
    4. F.L.C.L Foolly Cooly

2. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Mine would be, or at least what I have been in touch with my Blu-ray and downloaded vids. Here is couple of my favorite and classics...

- Pretty much all of the Hayao Miyazaki Studio Ghibli films ever produced
    - AKIRA
    - FLCL (Fooly Cooly)
    - Gunbuster
    - Diebuster
    - FREEDOM
    - Cowboy Bebop
    - Samurai Champloo
    - Any Studio 4 Degree Celcius animated shorts
    - Tekkon Kinkreet
    - Macross (Macross original, Plus and Frontier)
    - Summer Wars

And many more which I downloaded for viewing interest..LOL..Just too many to name off of the top of my head, but that is pretty much my list for now. :eek:

3. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    You've actually finished all those ? lol
    My other anime interest is One piece, i wanna get back into it but i don't like the switch to the DragonBallZ voices, the original fits better. WitchBlade as well, i gotta finish that
    Your Anime interests, Apr 18, 2011, 3:52 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2333 Your Anime interests, Apr 18, 2011, 3:52 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2333

4. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yep, I have seen bits and pieces of Witchblade too in the past, but never finish it. Yep, I have watch all what I have with my list of animes. :eek:

5. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I actually saw the fansubs of witchblade but they stopped fansubbing it so I never saw the end. then I rented the end of witchblade on PSN. I'm not really happy with the ending. it was okay. But...well....

Anyways, Love Macross Frontier. that's one of my favorites lately. Also really enjoyed Heroic Age (english dub nearly killed it for me). Angel Beats was great. Haruhi.

Currently I like Hanasuka Iroha. If you like Miyazaki, you would probably enjoy this one. A young girl, Iroha, deals with her irresponsible Mom who abandons her. And her cold and mean grandma doesn't so much as take her in, but makes Iroha her employee. it's very well written, like a Miyazaki film.

Also enjoying XMEN anime. And Tiger and Bunny. LOL

6. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Tiger & bunny ? lol
    ThunderCats new tv series revamped origin & storyline with a japanese anime style & little more action then the original, plus THEY'RE NOT NAKED lol. this new version will feature a redesign of the beloved characters. Voice actors include Will Friedle, Matthew Mercer, Jim Meskimen, Emmanuelle Chriqui, and Kevin Michael Richardson. Larry Kenney, Lion-O in the original series, is now playing Claudius, the father of Lion-O and Tygra. The english dubbing is awesome
    Here's a link to the trailer
    ThunderCats TV series preview | TV Series Finale

7. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Ahh, yes, Studio 4 Degree Celsius Thundercat! :eek:

8. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I'm hoping Thundercats will be good. I like the new xmen anime. Iron Man had great armor animation but weak script. new Wolverine anime was so bad I gave up after 2 episodes.

btw Tiger and Bunny is fun. It's a future world where there are superheroes, but to pay their huge bills they all have sponsers. So their costumes have advertisements like Nascar cars. And there is a reality show that broadcasts their exploits every time they go into action and awards points for their heroics.

Wild Tiger is an aging "past his prime" hero. He's the guy guy who gets no respect anymore even though he's a very good hearted noble guy. He's just not "cool" with the young audience. and Wild Tiger merchandise just sits on the store shelves (unlike the other heroes).

Barnaby Brooks Jr is the new hero in town. Same powers as Wild Tiger, but he's young, handsome and everyone loves him. Unfortunately the same sponser funds both Tiger and Barnaby and insists they form a team. Tiger is frustrated at how Barnaby is a bit callous and superficial when the cameras are off him, so he calls Barnaby "Bunny" all the time.

[video=youtube;ZsyBBWc5jEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsyBBWc5jEA[/video]
    Tiger starts in a blue trimmed spandex suit, but later gets a green trimmed armor. Bunny is the blonde in red/pink armor.
    :D

9. phunky~phenom

phunky~phenom I Sing With An Accent

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Mine are:

Series:

1) Cowboy Bebop
    2) Samurai Champloo
    3) Wolf's Rain
    4) Mushi-shi
    5) X'amd: Lost Memories
    6) Jojo's Bizzare Adventures
    7) STUDIO4℃ shorts (eg: Batman)

Big fan of Studio Bones as well who did animes like Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Wolf's Rain, X'amd: Lost Memories, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Raxaphon just to name a few.

Movies:

1) Pretty much all Studio Ghilbli animes
    2) Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
    3) Samurai X: Betrayal
    4) Sword of the Stranger
    5) Tekkenkinkreet
    6) Tokyo Godfathers
    7) Paprika
    8) Evangelion: 222
    9) Ghost in the Shell
    10) Blood: The Last Vampire
    11) Final Fantasy IIV: Advent Children (not anime btw)

Theme Song and Soundtrack:

1) THE REAL FOLK BLUES (Cowboy Bebop Ending Theme)
    2) Cowboy Bebop OST

Mangas:

1) Slamdunk
    2) Samurai X
    3) Dragonball
    4) Vagabond

10. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Forgot to add..

RedLine

So over the top animation! Love it! Plus Takuya Kimura one of the all time well known musician (SMAP), actor and male idol is doing the voice for the main character.

[video=youtube;j9fhQVMzlC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9fhQVMzlC0&feature=related[/video]

And latest spin off live action movie of Space Battleship Yamato starring Takuya Kimura which takes major box office hit in Japan.

[video=youtube;HXueApDZyhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXueApDZyhc&feature=watch_response[/video]

11. phunky~phenom

phunky~phenom I Sing With An Accent

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Not a fan of Takuya Kimura but he voiced Howl in Howl's Moving Castle as well. =)

Still, I'll watch them both anyways. lol

Wow, MadHouse's really into using solid black shadows for their animes nowadays; not that I'm complaining cause it looks cool.

I also can't wait to watch The Borrower Arrietty and 13 Assassins.

12. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yes, The Borrower of Arrietty is something am looking forward to. There is so much talk of 13 Assassin from a friend of mine too, but I like the original Seven Samurai by Akira Kurosawa. :)

13. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I liked the Syd Mead Yamato designs. Also liked his version of the Gatchaman Phoenix. :D

14. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oh, am downloading 13 Assassins as I type up this reply. I hope there is an external subs to go with it or I have to go and find it somewhere online. :p

UPDATE: Just finish watching "13 Assassins" which ain't bad, but I still preferred Akira Kurosawa's classic Seven Samurais or 47 Ronin (Chushingura) in which similar story based on acts of revenge or avenging one's master's honor or doing selfless act on protecting what a samurai believe in the bushido code of honor.

15. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I've already listed them at another topic, about english dubbed animes, but i love so many animes that i jusct can't list less than 13 of them

My favourite is Yu Yu Hakusho (1992)

16. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I´m sorry, but i´m a true anime lover and i can't resist listing all animes i like, but in not particular interest order:

Yu Yu Hakusho, Card Captor Sakura, Naruto, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Blood +, Rurouni Kenshin, Chrno Crusade, Busou Renskin, Vamoire Princess Miyu, Gundam Wing, Digimon (all 4 seasons), Tenchi Muyo, El Hazard, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Inu Yasha, Hunter X Hunter, Saint Seya (TV sagas) and Street Fighter II V

17. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I looove the ending to El Hazard. :D

[video=youtube;yiMFh-JJtyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiMFh-JJtyA[/video]

[video=youtube;7s-S-2GB2xA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s-S-2GB2xA[/video]

If you haven't seen it and need some "set up" to understand the ending....

Basically the bad guys have unleashed a doomsday weapon and someone has to sacrifice themself to to stop it. The silver haired girl is actually an ancient machine. And the young boy is the one that basically unlocked her mind and gave her free will, and she cares very much for him.

18. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    BTW, TIGER AND BUNNY is FREE on HULU. Really good anime. Maybe the best this season.

19. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Great now i'm freaking out on all the anime listed LOL
    I love anime & i'm currently watching AirGear Queen'sBlade Dragon Destiny H.O.T.D. Bleach Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Oh how do you add videos like that ????

20. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    for the fans of High School of the Dead...

there's a new OAV

available now on fansubs.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted