Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Japanese Devs Really Think

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeternitas33, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Aeternitas33

Aeternitas33 Riskbreaker

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I came across this article today, and the following section grabbed my attention:

"- Many Japanese devs are skeptical of the notion, often stated by Hideo Kojima and ex-Capcom game director Keiji Inafune, that Japan's game designers must adapt themselves for the world market or face irrelevance in the game business. "The whole idea that we must make games that can sell outside of Japan is a mistake," one anonymous commenter said. Another responder, who works in the PR department of a Japanese publisher, went even further: "Games work based off the culture experienced by people in their native countries. The idea that you can make something that everyone in the entire world will like is fantasy."

http://www.1up.com/news/japanese-devs

For those of us who are tired of seeing our favorite Japanese series attempt to "go Western", perhaps there's hope yet. Now if only Yoichi Wada, the president of Square-Enix, were to have a change of heart.

2. crow6828

crow6828 i'm not crazy really

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    nice find Aet thanks :). i have to say alot of the games i have are from japanese companys and i bet there is a few games that have not made it over here i would like too lol.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted