Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We need more multi-player

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by avilesc, Jul 6, 2011.

1. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    Today after playing some Brimstone Poker it dawned upon me that there are hardly any multi-player games in Home at all. This is strange considering Home is a hub for an un-countable amount of people. Just off the top of my head I can only name about 3-5 places/personal space games that provide multi-player features. That is a very small count for such a large community. On top of that some of the games are not very well set up for multi-player. Case in point Sodium2. For this game I expected some sort of score bonus for beating an opponent in live play. Or how about the checkers and chess. I would expect some sort of prize system, but still nothing. It gets boring playing chess/checkers with no goal. Not even a leader board. My point is multi-player games need to be looked at more in Home. I think it would hellp build the community more and we will all have more fun in the end. What do you think?

2. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    1.5 was supposed to be all about improving the multiplayer experience on home, I just wonder how many developers are actively working on multiplayer and Co-op games, but I'd give them a little more time to see what's coming in the next few months :)

3. Pendrake

Pendrake Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    We could install our own entertainment, if only we were allowed more than two active items. *grumble*

4. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    It is a social network after all, I quite enjoyed sodium two while playing it with my headset on, otherwise its playing it like billy nomates by yrself. I still think the way forward is more social experience like dolphy racing meet yr mates and go racing superb fun if I wanna play a good game ill game launch from home and play a proper bought game

5. Pendrake

Pendrake Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I agree. Get some social gaming in Home such as games where you sit in the audience while queueing, but where watching is almost as much fun. Imagine a galdiator arena for example? You could weigh up the winners tactics by watching as you prepare to face him/her. :)

6. the_fps

the_fps Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I like the board game type game in home. Like uncharted and the villians space. When its not your turn you can chat, so games are still social.

7. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    heavy mystik was looking for ideas like this

8. Pendrake

Pendrake Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yeah, I already suggested MMO and CCG gaming in that thread though. I'd rather see those. Especially CCG gaming, although it would probably bankrupt me. ;)

9. Glen Courtney

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I need fighting in home so we can fight each other on multiplayer :shifty:

10. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    I think a fast n furious , midnight club , need for speed type area, hang out there with music cars and street racing,

11. Soulman101

Soulman101 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'd like to see a beat em up type space too, an audience area with an mma style cage. could be underground fighting even. Basically it would work similar to queing but with a winner stays on sort of feeling. To sign up you would go to the match booking NPC and that would be the start point.

When you get into a match you have 3 rounds, a timer, a health bar and your avatars face in the corner like the street fighter layout. Rewards could be things like trophy ornaments or a championship belt (top or legs) or a picture saved to
    your hdd of the winning moment.

People could watch the matches in progress and there could be a small training area with minigames like weight lifting or punchbag. Something like this would require a bit of revenue to develop so I'd suggest things like fighting attire for your avatar to wear in the arena or out, a personal fighting arena space (maybe) and different move sets.

You could buy a basic sets for things like wrestling(Dropkick, block, clothesline, Suplex, Piledriver) Karate, Judo, Boxing and kick boxing.

The space could have its own leaderboards of matches won, lost, drawn. Ok, what do you think?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted