Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VampireWicked, May 26, 2011.

1. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    The new engine being built will include dynamic snowfall, shadows, and greater environmental detail.
    There will be five "massive" cities and there will be more to do in them like blacksmithing, farming, and cooking.
    There will be five schools of magic: Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, Restoration, and Illusion. Mysticism has been removed and Enchantment will be a skill.
    There will be 18 skills, down from 21 in Oblivion, these skills can be tailored to the type of character you wish to play.
    Skyrim will have perks like Fallout.
    http://www.videogamer.com/videos/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_gameplay_trailer.html?type=hi
    The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, May 26, 2011, 3:12 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2735

2. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    New Elder Scrolls Skyrim images

3. teriyaki_soba

teriyaki_soba Sandwich~

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I have yet to play Oblivion but this game already got me sold on getting it.

4. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    That game looks so good. I have had it ordered for the last month thank you GamStop

5. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim images

The last picture is of my cousin's house oops she gets upset if she's awaken from her nap. :)

6. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Skyrim DLC to be more substantial, expansion pack-like

Expect downloadable add-ons for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrimto have more of an expansion feel to them, should developer Bethesda?s initial thoughts materialize. While not clear on what kind of post-launch content will be released just yet, game director Todd Howard has said he?d like them to be ?more substantial? this time around.In the case of Fallout 3DLC, the content was created by two overlapping groups which resulted in a ?very chaotic? pace, Howard admits. A pr0cess the developer is seemingly looking to change with Skyrim.?We would like to do DLC; we don?t have any specific plans yet, but they?ve been really successful and we like making them,? Howard said in an interview with AusGamers. ?So right now I can say that we?d like to do less DLC but bigger ones ? you know, more substantial.?
    http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/06/29/skyrim-dlc-to-be-more-substantial-expansion-pack-like/

Hmm lets hope the DLC from Bethesda isn't $9.95 each, iF so then it's the GOTY Edition of Skyrim for me.

7. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Official Gameplay Trailer

[video=youtube;R5zqJaY7YWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5zqJaY7YWo&NR=1[/video]

8. cylon_6

cylon_6 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    For me Bethesda make some most enjoyable content for it games. I think the prices are not so bad because if you think of the call of duty map packs at nearly $15US for 5 maps is way exertive, as they never really give you any thing new. For me Bethesda last DLC for fallout was simply amazing as its was witty funny a lot stuff to collect and you can really explore. When a game of year come out of Fallout: new vegas it be must buy for me.

9. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    FallOutNewVegas's core game was sparse glitchy bug ridden. The NPCs were ugly The character creation was uglier. The DLC was overpriced for content that should have been added in an empty game in the first place but instead your charged $9.99 on top of a $60.00 game in the u.s. & much more in australia.
    The FallOut series it's better to wait for GOTY

I really hope Skyrim does not (i repeat) DOES NOT follow in FallOutNewVegas's footsteps.
    Skyrim shows off an updated engine better environment better character creation system. Skyrim looks like a big step in the right direction.

10. cylon_6

cylon_6 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    VampireWicked, If you recall way back to the elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, they did same thing like they did for fallout:3 and fallout: New Vegas. So you might want to wait for the game of year skyrim because I pretty sure Bethesda will do same with skyrim. For your comments about Fallout: new Vegas I respect your views but honesty a empty world did you play this game at all?

Little off topic, what deal with all pictures of busty characters? Remind me of my time at Akihabara. Also my younger brother bedroom wall.

11. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I know Bethesda did the same with their other games & i am waiting for a Skyrim GOTY version, i've been waiting for a Skyrim GOTY version since i heard about it.
    As for FallOutNewVegas i shouldn't have said empty, to me it was more like a little boring. I beaten it twice my 3rd time through i just stopped playing, i'm in the DeathClaw cave & i just gotten bored with it. FallOutNewVegas was kinda disappointing to me, the character creation wasn't as good as FallOut3, there were still glitches that 1 would figure would've been reduced since Bethesda's previous titles on regular XBOX & older PCs. I liked alot in NewVegas but i liked FallOut3 alot more. I got sick of waiting for patch after patch to issues in NewVegas & by the time the DLC came out it was overpriced & that just added to me not caring anymore about it hopefully Skyrim won't feel like NewVegas to me.

12. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  13. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    No Trinkets wanted just in game content

HAHA! No.
    I'm not paying $150.00 for the making of Skyrim because i don't care how it was made if i did i could always Youtube it, i just wanna play it without it glitching out. I'm not paying for an artbook when i can look online & get the imagines free & i already have a dragon statue. The map of Skyrim i could look it up.
    *sigh* I want in game content not an overpriced game with Trinkets

14. JamRocks

JamRocks ...Big Jelly...

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'm not interested in additional items that aren't gameplay related as well. Hey if that's your thing then so be it but it's not my cup of tea. About references to Fallout:Vegas I had played through once and the game froze on me so much I just couldn't stomach another playthrough. There was alot of negative buzz on Fallout because of that so I hope they take the necessary steps to completely test this game before releasing it and make patches for corrections quickly if problems are discovered. I had played through Oblivion a few times and besides the occassional game freeze I really can't complain much about it so I'm hoping this game falls in-line with performance. The pictures and vidoes do look interesting and I will most definitely buy it. Would be nice if they could add a multiplayer or coop aspect to this game though as I'm finding single player games lose my interest after awhile.

15. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Will Come on One Disc

Obviously this news doesn't mean much for the digital crowd, but it's significant for the consolers out there, specifically Xbox 360 owners. It turns out that Bethesda Game Studios' massive Skyrim game-world, with all that dialogue and a new game-engine to boot, will come packaged at retail on a single disc for PS3 and Xbox 360. The news was confirmed by our friends over at RipTen at this year's PAX where they asked Art Director, Matt Carofano, how many discs the game would come on to which he simply replied "one". When you consider L.A. Noire was a three-disc beast, that's a pretty decent effort on Bethesda Game Studios' part. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is due for a worldwide release on November 11 on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. For more on the game,
    :demonangel: CLICK THE LINK 4 MORE :demonangel:
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Will Come on One Disc - AusGamers.com

16. EvanescentWish

EvanescentWish Princess CocoaPuff!

Ratings:
    +10 /0
    Im gonna play this a few weeks and lose track of time LOL and im going to lose two of my good friends for months T_T ! But it's okay @ least they will be having fun.

17. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    GOTY Edition Only

lol Only a few weeks?
    I played Oblivion for a year & a half lol. This one, Skyrim looks & sounds very promising but i'm going to wait for the GOTY edition, that way all the glitches all the bugs will be reduced, all the downloads will be included when it's resold at $60.00. I love open world games but it's ridiculous developers & PSN or Live to ask anyone to pay $60.00 for the core games then pay $7.99 or more for content that was in the game but locked to be sold as DLC.
    It's surely not reasonable for gamers in australia, i was told they pay $90.00 or more just for core games.
    So Yeah GOTY Edition, i'll wait for it.

18. Pendrake

Pendrake Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I've found Bethesda games to be enjoyable but always with niggles and glitches.

Look at that picture from three posts ago. Pretty, eh? Now look at the tufts of grass and how they only extend about 20 feet in front of the character. It was the same in Oblivion with grass popping into existence only when close and when galloping on a fast horse it was stupidly noticable and became distracting. Same old issues.

I've seen videos for Skyrim and the frame rate still appears to be lacking too.

Then, I can confidently predict that the game will crash regularly, as all Bethesda games always have.

Still, at least they may have hired more than four voice actors this time and perhaps the "advanced mincing engine" used for walking animations will have had a polish.

Seriously people, I get suckered in too by Bethesda, but they've never once delivered a stable game (getting the Mothership Zeta DLC started without a system lockup took over ten attempts for me!), the animation is poor to the point where only still pictures of thier games look good and there are always numerous glitches (passing corpses that stand up in a scarecrow/crucifiction pose for no reason, items vanishing, clipping glitches, no shadow for the player when riding a horse, just the horse's shadow if you swap to first person view... it goes on).

If you really love their games then maybe you don't even notice any issues, but I've had my fill for now and I don't rate them enough to be able to ignore the many issues I see.

19. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    its why I buy the pc versions some third party always sorts a lot of it out but you do need a serious pc to run an improved graphics version

20. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition Sneaks Its Way Into European Retailers This Week

Think you can fit in upwards of 100 hours of gaming before Skyrim launches later in the year? The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition might fit the bill. The special package ? which includes the game, DLC packs, two world maps and a ?Making Of? documentary ? is due out on PS3 this week in Europe. It?ll run you a reasonable £19.99.Still no trophies, mind.
    :demonangel: CLICK THE LINK 4 MORE :demonangel:
    Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition Sneaks Its Way Into European Retailers This Week - PushSquare.com

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted