Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony's NGP (PSP2)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VampireWicked, Jun 5, 2011.

1. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Cry Baby Cockroaches

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Sony's PS VITA

Original NGP Specs.
    The Full Specs* CPU: ARM® Cortex?-A9 core (4 core)* GPU: SGX543MP4+* External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)* Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)* Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera* Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone* Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass* Location: Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi location service support* Keys / Switches: PS button, Power button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), Shoulder
    Sony cuts back on NGP power to compete?
    Reports are coming in that Sony are cutting back on the specs on their next handheld, codenamed Next Generation Portable, in order to keep pricing competitive with Nintendo?s 3DS.
    http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/05/27/sony-cuts-back-on-ngp-power-to-compete/

2. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    NGP backwards compatibility explained

PSP games optimised for play on the twin-stick handheld.PSP gamers can expect complete backwards compatibility for their game collection when making the jump to the NGP, Sony has revealed.According to Eurogamer, Sony is promising an optimised experience, with each PSP title played on NGP to be smoothed and upscaled, plus added support for the handheld's dual analogue sticks.A demo for PSP title, Resistance Retribution, has been seen working with the second analogue stick.The NGP uses an emulator to run the PSP games, with upscaling able to be turned on and off by the user.
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/ngp_backwards_compatibility_explained.html

3. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Definitely cant wait to find out more info at E3. XD
    But I not sure that I like the rumoured name, PS Vita

4. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I know, i hope that name doesn't stick & This time i really hope there's more available colors earlier on.

5. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Sony?s NGP to be PlayStation Vita

Sony, or more specifically, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, has reportedly trademarked the names PS Vita and PlayStation Vita in Europe, more or less confirming the company?s upcoming portable will not only bury its current codename (NGP or Next Generation Portable), but its past as well. Not that it?s a past many will remember; compared to the success of Nintendo?s DS series, the PSP hasn?t quite measured up.
    http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/06/06/sonys-ngp-to-be-playstation-vita/

6. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Street Fighter X Tekken heads to Vita, brings Infamous? Cole with it

Sony?s big third party game for the newly-named PlayStation Vita?s E3 reveal was,*surprisingly, Street Fighter X Tekken. Capcom took to the stage to show a new trailer for the game during the show, and provide a little bit of footage.The Vita version (which we?re going to have to get used to saying) will carry a nice*exclusive*with it. The electric-fueled hero of the Infamousseries, Cole Macgrath, will be a playable character on Vita. Only on Vita, mind. We saw gameplay of Cole facing off against Ryu. Rather*embarrassingly*for the demonstrator, Cole got his butt handed to him.The game launches in the wide-window that is 2012. Will exclusives like this convince consumers to go Vita over PS3?ta?
    http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/20...n-heads-to-vita-brings-infamous-cole-with-it/

7. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    PS Vita here this holiday, prices announced

Sony's NGP (PSP2), Jun 5, 2011, 5:06 AM, YourPSHome.net, 2854
    After an impressive showing of Vita titles at this year?s E3 conference, Sony dropped the biggest and most exciting details of all; date and price.The PSP successor will launch this holiday season in North America at the very least. As confirmed before, it will come in two models; wifi only and a 3G version. For the wifi only model, the system will go for the pleasing price of $249, the same in euro. And it?s only $50 more for 3G; that version will retail $299.Fans around the world rejoice; you won?t have to turn your wallet inside out to buy this thing

8. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    BioShock heading to Vita, Irrational developing

Sony's NGP (PSP2), Jun 5, 2011, 5:06 AM, YourPSHome.net, 2854
    Irrational boss Ken Levine was a guest of Sony this year at E3, and he announced Move compatibility for BioShock Infinite, which is cool.Cooler? He also announced that Irrational will be developing an exclusive BioShockgame for the Vita. Levine was very quick to stress that the project was in early days, but that?s exciting news*regardless.When will we see it? Probably not for a long time. But hey, Big Daddies on little systems. Awesome.
    http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/06/06/bioshock-heading-to-ngp-irrational-developing/

9. Kimilicious

Kimilicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    It Looks Like An Awesome System .. With A Hefty Price .. But It Seems Worth It ..

Any Idea Of Playstation Home Is On That .. Lol

10. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    LOL OMG I WAS SO THINKING THAT.
    It's possible for remote play i'm guessing & i'm definitely keeping an eyeball out for more information, if you & see there's an icon for friends & messages too. WOW. OMG imagine if there was a Free Realms for NGP (WOW I don't like the name Vita, reminds me of cheese) A wireless portable handheld system that could link you to PSHome. The PSP itself already can connect to wireless signals easily & it doesn't take a strong signal for access. Like the PS3 it would need a wireless signal atleast 40% to access the PS3 web browser, The PSP can with 15% so think if you have a decent signal for the NGP ( Still hate the Vita name of cheese) You could link to PSHome from anywhere, If they made it possible lol.

11. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Playstation Home can be on NGP

Here's something i found

According to the latest issue of Famitsu, the new portable Sony, NGP, may also provide access to virtual social networking PlayStation Home.The PlayStation Home service is currently only runs on the PlayStation 3, expecting a huge upgrade with the arrival of version 1.5.The magazine claims that PlayStation Home will be well prepared to run when it is released in the NGP.
    http://www.luuux.com/technology/playstation-home-can-be-ngp

12. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    loved the look of Uncharted, LBP and modnation for the PSV.
    £279.99 for the 3g version seem quite reasonable, but I'll probably wait for more details on the 3g coverage in the UK before I consider my pre-order.

13. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'm getting the 3G because it has WiFi & all the whistles, $300.00 is much but i'd rather have everything included & a store warranty....ALWAYS GET A WARRANTY WITH GAME SYSTEMS

14. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Every PS Vita sold is a loss for Sony

It looks like Sony are adopting a similar strategy for the PS Vita as they did with the PS3; the company will be making a loss on every unit of the handheld that?s sold.Consumer products head Kaz Hirai confirmed this news in an interview with Japanese site Reuters. He claimed that the company hopes to sell more units than the PSP, and that they expect to start making profit on the system in its third year of life.PS Vita will be launching in Japan before the end of the year. The rest of the world will have it before March 31
    http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/06/08/every-ps-vita-sold-is-a-loss-for-sony/

15. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Region free Vita looking likely

The PS Vita is likely to stick with PSP and PS3?s region free roots,**IGN is reporting.Sony?s Vice President of Sony Worldwide Studios Europe, Michael Denny, told the site that, to the best of his knowledge, the handheld would indeed be region free.That opens the Vita up for imports as well as purchasing games of off other PSN regions. Sony still remains the only console manufacturer to use region free systems.
    http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/06/09/region-free-vita-looking-likely/

16. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Smartphones to trample Vita? ?No? says Sony

Sony's NGP (PSP2), Jun 5, 2011, 5:06 AM, YourPSHome.net, 2854Sony's NGP (PSP2), Jun 5, 2011, 5:06 AM, YourPSHome.net, 2854 When it comes to*criticisms*of Sony?s PS Vita, it would seem that the biggest concern is if the handheld can survive in today?s smartphone-obsessed*market.Is the company equally concerned? A simple ?No? from Jack Tretton, SCEA boss, suggests not.Speaking to Gamasutra, he continued: ?The great thing about gamers is that they have tremendous influence over what they want to play. If their parents say I?m getting you an iPad and that?s your device, but their friends are playing a dedicated console like a PSP, then the kids will find a way to get a PSP.?We?re not sold on that logic, no matter how sold we are on the Vita itself. The handheld really will be the ultimate test of if such a device still has a place in today?s market.http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/06/16/smartphones-to-trample-vita-no-says-sony/

17. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Psp is awesome

The regular PSP is pretty awesome itself, so awesome i posted this reply using my PSP, so think how amazing the PSP Vita will be.

18. XboxLiveAddict

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Gotta be pretty awesome!

19. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Vita to hit Europe in early November

UK online retailer Shopto.net is pointing towards a November 4 release date for Sony?s PS Vita in the country. The website claims that it got the date from Sony itself and not speculation.If true, this would go in line with earlier rumors that Europe would be the first region for the Vita to release in, though cast doubt on a 2011 release for both Japan and the US.Shopto also lists the Vita?s prices at £229.99 and £279.99 for the Wi-Fi and 3G models respectively. Games are listed at £40, the same price you?d expect to pay for current PS3 and 360 titles. *That?s a bit pricey, but hopefully it?ll go down as we move further away from launch.http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/06/21/vita-to-hit-europe-in-early-november/

20. VampireWicked

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Jun 24, 2011Report: PlayStation Vita To Launch Next Year In Europe

Boo Hiss etc. Jun 24, 2011Report: PlayStation Vita To Launch Next Year In EuropeCategory: News, PlayStation 3Tags: europe, ruh roh, rumours, sales, sonyBoo! Hiss! Etc.It?s the report we?ve all been dreading, but it?s finally here. Both VG247 and CVG are reporting that the PlayStation Vita will not launch in Europe until 2012. Apparently Sony is weighing up a January or February launch, while a US and Japan release still looks likely for Christmas 2011. Shafted once again. Fantastic.?Sony know it?s effectively gifting the festive handheld market to 3DS ? but is still really confident of a success,? said CVG?s source. ?The overall strategy is that they want the hardcore to buy first and then spread the word. It?s a blow for us, but they think they can still do that in the UK without the Christmas sales boost.?http://www.pushsquare.com/27881/report-playstation-vita-to-launch-next-year-in-europe/

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted