Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save Data Migration For New Playstation Home Patch

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 17, 2013.

1. kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +263 /52
    Posted on EU Forums - 1-17-13 ............

Hello everyone,

We would like to inform you that we will introduce a new patch in PlayStation Home next week and we will be transferring your save data from the PS3 hard drive and onto the Home Servers.

This will generally improve performance and means that your save data will be available should you ever need to reinstall Home or login from a different PS3.

Your save data will be transferred from your PS3 to our servers when you first install the patch. This process will only occur once per account and you will be informed that the save data transfer take place via an install message.

Once the transfer is complete, Home will only read your save data from the Home Servers. As such any backup data or saved data you may have on another PS3 will no longer be accessible.

The save data being transferred includes your Preferences, Character Saves and Apartment Furniture Layouts.

The transfer process will not affect your Purchases and Rewards which are already stored on the Home Servers.

- The PlayStation Home Team

2. mikelep9054

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    GW's big news, lol

3. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    It also combats the editing of save files via 3rd party software to gain access to free spaces and other bad stuff done via the editing of the save file.

4. kwoman32

Ratings:
    +263 /52
    There is no doubt good side effects to this migration. However, they should have allowed for users to upload their saved layouts. I'm sure I'm not the only person out there with many spaces and many multiple layouts. Forcing me to have to take the time to manually re-do a layout everytime I want to change it is a royal PITA.

5. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Its best to wait for full patch notes next week before passing to much of a view on it.

6. kwoman32

Ratings:
    +263 /52
    Yes, I agree. I can only go on the tidbit we have been handed so far.

7. Heavyn

Heavyn ~The big and the bad~
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +33 /4
    I kind of was hoping for something more, but I guess this is good enough for now. :/

8. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    So, does that mean our USB save data sticks would be useless then for Home related saves?

• Like Like x 1
    • Heavyn

Heavyn ~The big and the bad~
      Valued Member

Ratings:
      +33 /4
      From what I read in the thread about it, yes.

• kricky31

kricky31 Rayman's #1 Fan

Ratings:
      +5 /1
      This is how it should have worked from the start. I have utilized multiple saves, especially for photo contests where I need the full 100 items available in a space and don't want to lose what I have. However, I think the benefits outweigh the detriments here.

• ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +89 /13
      Well, it sure beats having corrupted saves on your HDD and messing up the Home scripts. Not to mention each HDD loading process on each space.

• Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
      +67 /2
      well uhmmm.....

This is how Home used to be. Back in 2008.

I'm a little worried about this cause I had a bad experience. While receiving a reward my ps3 froze. And the data on the server got corrupted. After a few weird glitches, the data corruption got worse. Eventually it got to the point where I froze each time I just tried to start Home.

I had to abandon that account. A year later Sony did a major maintenance on the server and my account was restored. The normal maintenances didn't help me, but that major one fixed my account and I'm back to normal on it.

:)

Verification:
    Draft saved Draft deleted