Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Hell Of A Game Room

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kimilicious, May 24, 2012.

1. Kimilicious

Kimilicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    One Hell Of A Game Room, Kimilicious, May 24, 2012, 3:25 AM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, game-den-main.jpg

Someone named "Pete" in Austin, Texas has a game room that would make him the envy of most gamers.

A WordPress blog named "Pseudo-Macro" featured photos of a reclusive retro game enthusiast's collection and setup that include a mix of old and new consoles, portable gaming devices and titles, most of which still have their original boxes and packaging.

The most noticeable and impressive part of this dream game room is the TV stand/cabinet. This custom piece of gaming furniture has a cubby hole for each console that are linked up to two sets of arcade style controllers. The setup allows for quick switching between consoles without having to untangle a monkey fist sized knot of plastic cords to play them and even has a PC MAME emulator for the full arcade experience. If you don't feel like standing up, you can always play on traditional controllers in two cushy movie theater recliners.

One Hell Of A Game Room, Kimilicious, May 24, 2012, 3:25 AM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, game-stand.jpg

"So what kind of games does this guy have to play?" I can hear you asking with feverish anticipation. How about a buttload of them? In addition to the large library of games, you'll notice the massive collection of portable gaming devices in the middle shelving from the five different kinds of Game Boys to the crap-tastic monochrome Game.com from Tiger.

One Hell Of A Game Room, Kimilicious, May 24, 2012, 3:25 AM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, game-collection.jpg

Maybe it's a good thing that we don't know exactly who "Pete" is or where he lives because if he gave us a minute to bask in its glory, he would have to call the police to get us out of his house.

:shocking:

2. ZeroRyoko

ZeroRyoko Bad Sailor Girl

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Is that what one would call a gaming orgy? Cause I'm sooooooooooooo there.

3. Heavyn

Heavyn ~The big and the bad~
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +33 /4
    :O I'm jealous I want my game room to look like that :l

4. Caspearious

Caspearious SC4RY LURK3R D00D

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    He's missing an actual upright arcade machine for his MAME emulator though :/

5. Caspearious

Caspearious SC4RY LURK3R D00D

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I also think it looks to cluttered for me... I would just forgo having all the game consoles out and focus on an awesome PC with a beautiful gaming interface that has all the old console emulators (and their associated ROMs) on the thing. Then I would have just a small footprint that has everything. I could then switch between consoles and games by just using the interface on the PC.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted