Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

New Forum Listing Design Feedback

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C.Birch, Jan 24, 2013.

1. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Hi All,

I have added a new style to the site that as a total new forum listing layout and i wish to get your views on what one you like the best be it the old or new one. To pick the new on scroll to the bottom left of the site and pick 'Test Style'.

New  Forum Listing Design Feedback, C.Birch, Jan 24, 2013, 11:06 AM, YourPSHome.net, png, Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 11.02.01.png
    Below is also some images of the old and new layout.​
    Old
    New  Forum Listing Design Feedback, C.Birch, Jan 24, 2013, 11:06 AM, YourPSHome.net, png, Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 11.03.18.png New  Forum Listing Design Feedback, C.Birch, Jan 24, 2013, 11:06 AM, YourPSHome.net, png, Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 11.03.58.png
    New
    New  Forum Listing Design Feedback, C.Birch, Jan 24, 2013, 11:06 AM, YourPSHome.net, png, Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 11.05.17.png New  Forum Listing Design Feedback, C.Birch, Jan 24, 2013, 11:06 AM, YourPSHome.net, png, Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 11.05.59.png

• Like Like x 3
    • C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
      +261 /59
      Anyone going say why they like the new design? It helps to know why incase anything else in time needs editing.

• Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
      Valued Member

Ratings:
      +37 /2
      I think it looks great graphically and it doesn't appear to take up much more room on the page. Given this is simply for the into page I think it works well.

• Like Like x 2
      • BIg Red Machine

BIg Red Machine Active Member

Ratings:
        +3 /1
        i love the new design its awesome

• teriyaki_soba

teriyaki_soba Sandwich~

Ratings:
        +1 /0
        Gave the new design a test drive, while it does have a more graphical look to it in terms of having a persons avatar and a general image for each board. I still prefer the old layout, only because I'm more used to having less graphical things. Less is more, course that's just my take.

• Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
        +67 /2
        I've switched to the other. But I'm going to let it run for awhile before I form an opinon about it. :)

• julie_love

julie_love Active Member

Ratings:
        +10 /0
        I like the look of the new one better. Just wondering if Canadians will be upset there is only a US flag though. :)

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
        +261 /59
        I have made some small edits to it like rounding a few corners and that so its not as blocky feeling.

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
        +261 /59
        Its one them things that can be edited, but would rest of asia be upset that only HK flag or all of the places in EU as i used the EU flag. Basically i used the most common ones that peopleblink to that region :)

• fred van roode

Ratings:
        +5 /0
        i like the new one

• Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
        +67 /2
        I voted the old one.

In the new style I like the large icons dividing the catagories. It makes it easy to find what catagory you want. And I like the new large user icon of the last one that posted.

But the old way was easier to read. My eye has to jump around more to scan what's new. And before it was quicker.

If you can just add the icons to the older one, for me I think that would be the best of both worlds. instead of organizing with 2x3 blocks, if you went with rows like you had before with big icons, that would be the best in my humble opinion.

Though I noticed I'm in the minority here. So I'll be good with whatever the rest of you chooses.
        :)

Verification:
      Draft saved Draft deleted