Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home V.1.5 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Apr 20, 2011.

1. kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +263 /52
    Application of the patch

If you are upgrading from any version of Home other than the latest one (1.41) then when you attempt to apply the 1.5 patch please wait for the orange “hard drive activity” light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.

New features

Wardrobe

• We have increased the number of wardrobe save slots to 24.
    • There is a new facial structure under “Character -> Structure” in the wardrobe.
      • We have added a download progress bar and speed indicator to the Navigator when downloading a space.
      • There have been various graphical tweaks to the Navigator.
      • We have added a new option to let you more easily manage furniture that has been placed in your Personal Space or Clubhouse.
      • When you are in one of those spaces you can access the new management screen from the Menu Pad under “Personal -> Redecorate -> Furniture”.
      • The screen lists thumbnail images and names of all of the items of furniture currently placed in the space. You can alter what is displayed on this list:
    Navigator

Furniture management

o By pressing [L1] and limiting it to only one category of furniture (for example just “Actives”, “Seating” or “Lighting”).

o By pressing [R1] and changing the order in which the list is sorted (for example by “Recently placed” or “Closest” to your character).
    • The list changes dynamically so if you choose to order it by furniture that is “Closest” to your character it will update as you move around the space.
    • The currently selected furniture item is highlighted with a blue box around it.
    • If you hover over an item on the list your camera will turn to face it.
    • You can temporarily fade out most of the interface by pressing and holding [L2] to get a better view of the space. The effect is analogue so the more you press the button the more the interface will fade.
    • Pressing [CROSS] with an item selected will take you to the standard furniture movement menu for that item.
    • It is possible to “tag” one or more furniture items on the list for removal by selecting it and pressing [TRIANGLE].
    o Items tagged like this have a grey border around them.

o You can un-tag an item by pressing [TRIANGLE] on it again.
    • When you exit the management menu any items tagged for removal will be removed from the space.
    o You are still given the option to confirm the mass removal once it has been applied or undo it.

Chat log

• We have added a new symbol for slash commands “@”. So “/Local” and “@Local” will both do the same thing.
    • You can quickly access the channel switching option menu by pressing d-pad
      on the text tab or d-pad
      on the voice tab.
      [*]There is a new option to find another user in your space. You can access it by highlighting a line of text in the chat log, pressing [CROSS] and choosing “Locate”. This will make their name label flash until you get near to them.
      [*]There are several new customisation options for the chat log. These can be found in the Menu Pad under “Settings -> Personal -> Chat Log”:

o There is a new chat log text size “small” for people with large, HD TVs.
    o You can adjust the channel prefix attached to each line of text.
    o You can add a time stamp to each line of text.
    o For each channel you can change:
    § Whether text from this channel is visible in the chat log.
    § How the pop-up colour of other users is displayed.

§ Whether chat bubbles are displayed.
    • When you attempt to enter text from the VKB or a USB keyboard the chat log will automatically switch to the text tab.
    • If the chat log is minimised it will automatically open when you receive a Private Message.
    • There is a new “None” option for voice channels which will take you out of voice communication.
    • We have added some more keyboard controls so that when maximised the chat log can be controlled with the arrow keys, Enter and Escape.
    • We have reduced the stuttering (sometimes interpreted as “lag”) that could occur when you receive a reward.
    • The loading of high “level of detail” characters has been improved.
    • There is a new “game” icon to indicate when you have a game targeted before you interact with it.
    General

Wardrobe

• We have added 13 new character presets to the wardrobe under “Presets”.

2. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Its great to see more save slots, hope thet are full body images mind you.

3. flutterby83

flutterby83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    So no new dance moves? Lol. Yes the save slots will be nice.

4. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    SOunds great. =]

5. Theo Pranger

Theo Pranger Prangstar

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Im definitely missing more active and regular items for your Home personal space

6. GT900

GT900 Gentle Touch

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    omg >.< they didnt mention therefore still havent put 'labels' on the clothes and furniture in their select menus for better identification - for 'matching' purposes..

7. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Karen, did you double post the info?..LOL..I did a double take after I read the initial content and it repeat it self again. Just to let you know.

8. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Thatd not Karens doing its the system. Does it when you post on forum and then push it to main site as news.

9. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Ahh ok..Wasn't sure if she did a double post, but thank you for letting me know. ^^

10. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Hows that now ;)

11. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oki dokie Dr. Jones :eek:

12. DCS

DCS Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yeah the extra Avatar save slots is something allot uncluding me been wanting for years now. This is all a dream. U can wake up now. Pinch! Ouch! Must be awake. And there still there. WOW!

24 Avatars. This is gonna get fun. LOL!

13. JamesBR27

JamesBR27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Its good to know there will be a reduction of the "lag" when we receive rewards

14. DOGPAUL

DOGPAUL Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I havent had any freeze issues coming or goin from Aurora spaces maybe im jus lucky.. But so far 1.5 has been working extremely well for me.

15. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    With the EU blog post mentioning the Audi multiplayer game... I was wondering has anyone played yet since 1.5 and seen any noticeable improvements in the game?

16. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Nope not tryed it Rach. I do find it odd they would use that to show case 1.5 taking in mind it was out before 1.5

17. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Suppose they forgot to add "reward issues/freezing, wardrobe problems, and crashing" under the patch notes for 1.5..... ;D

Seriously though...this is beyond ridiculous...

18. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I really feel for all of those having issues :( while some of us are managing to experience the update with little or no problems whatsoever others are having possibly the worst time ever with home... I really hope they get these issues sorted soon, I'm sure we'll see 1.51 in a couple of weeks and that should hopefully fix the problems *fingers crossed*

Other than these issues many of the improvements/ new features are just great, shame these additional save slots didn't come sooner though, I wouldn't have had to delete so many :p but at least we have them now, and I am amazed at just how fast avatars seems to load when I enter a space now, I even managed to walk all the way around Central Plaza with absolutely no noticeable lag. We've yet to see just what 1.5 can really do but I feel aside from a few (major) issues some are experiencing that this is a great update and developers will do great things with the new tools available to them.

19. GT900

GT900 Gentle Touch

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    wow.. just as i suspected, this update was absolutely rubbish.

i thought the purpose of a 'patch' was suppose to be ironing out a few kinks from the previous.. ie: fixing issues.

yes yay we finally got more save slots but was that REALLY that difficult to think of several years ago..? o_O
    also from what i recall, v1.3 was suppose to have 'fixed' the clothes merges and yet lo and behold the 'tranny' avs are invading home in v1.5..
    sure they brought the coin back as theyve fixed that server freeze thing, but people can still do it with the 'supermerge'.. i know cause it happened yesterday.. and this 'freezing' issue was around the same time as the coin and they only fixed one..? o_O

lastly, people have been getting lots of 'sign in' errors (X80710A06, etc).. well they clearly havent fixed that.. so what did they fix you ask..? well theyve put some option about 'managing' furniture that we were unable to do ourselves before (sarcasm).. and upon doing so, theyve cleared out my awesome club setup. also, what is the point of adding more 'prefixes' when almost everyone pretty much customises their own faces..?

'dear sony.. why are you so stupid..?'

20. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    There's a japanese word, GANBARE, that fits here. It means "stay strong. hang in there. persist"

I've never seen a Home update that didnt screw someone up in the short run. I've lost Home items in previous updates that I'll never get back. It's frustrating.

But the quality of Home does get better with each update. The new wardrobe slots are a great addition.. Alot of other nice little features were added.

We just have to do something else for a few days...

GANBARE!!!

btw I haven't been able to log on PSN either....;D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted