Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home To Exit Beta In 2016?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Scotish-Heritage, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Scotish-Heritage

Ratings:
    +7 /1
    #1 Scotish-Heritage, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    PlayStation Home Out of Beta in 2016 | Play4Real
    saw that Atom Republic posted a link to this yesterday on Facebook and figured i would share with the community. There isn't much in detail, except the year in which Home could come out of Beta. as to whether or not there is any truth behind this, we shall see.

2. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    This is why fans should not be let to run the community side for a dev with no passed background of doing the job.

Anyone in a 'official' roll within Home should understand anything they post will be taken by many to be true, what can upset and mislead the community.

Looking at that site and passed news on said site, i would personally say its more just that sites 'guess' with aim of the news to try and gain hits and people talking about said site.

Rules of thumb its only true when we get real official news.

• Like Like x 1
    • mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
      +47 /6
      I don't know if kitty can see it for asia & japan regions as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +113 /3
        #4 faga4567, Dec 13, 2013
        Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
        Looking at several articles from that site, you'll find there's a lot of mistakes, gossips, and cut and paste from other sites. There's no way I can give credit to that site.

Have to say the person who tweeted it made a irresponsible move.

• Like Like x 3
        • kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator

Ratings:
          +263 /52
          I totally agree. This was written 6 months ago and is extremely questionable. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like Like x 1
          • PrometheusUFO

PrometheusUFO The Paranoid Pariah

Ratings:
            +12 /1
            An EU moderator has come forward... :p

PlayStation Home Out of Beta in 2016? - PlayStation Forum

"As pointed out below, this article is a piece of comedic writing and is not true. We have made no announcement about the future of Home. When we have information to share we will be the ones posting about it on these forums Home To Exit Beta In 2016?, Dec 13, 2013, 7:34 AM, YourPSHome.net, 9227"

"I'm just putting a stop to the spreading of false information and making it clear to everyone that we haven't announced anything about the future of Home. At this time I have no insight on when anything will be announced."

• Like Like x 3
            • mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
              +47 /6
            • Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
              Valued Member

Ratings:
              +44 /10
              If that was "comedic writing" those people better not give up on their day job.

• Baron_Brain

Baron_Brain Notorious Dis-Member
              Valued Member

Ratings:
              +21 /1
              Looks like Atom Republic deleted their Facebook post —its vanished and also my posting no longer appears within my activity log. Guess someone at Atom realized what an idiotic thing it was to post in the first place — falsehood masquerading as truth (however temporary). Tsk tsk, just wrong to post on so many levels — and not something to joke about to Home users.

The posting above here on YPSH left out a small-but-important detail… After the initial few FB comments, Atom did have enough sense to state the story was b.s. Good intention I suppose, just a few minutes too late; it should have been made very clear from the start. (Not to mention Atom posted it as brand-new info, when the "article" itself a very visible June 1st date. (Enough folks didn't figure out it was all made-up.)

Atom subsequently added another comment telling everyone to just enjoy Home for however long it's still around. Bravo on that at least.

As for my own post, I mainly stated I find it funny to think I joined Home during an early pre-release beta test, and that I'll be leaving it someday years later with Home never having officially gone out of beta. Oh darn.

(Plus I simply had to correct one angry reader who insisted Home hadn't been beta for ages; unless Home's own loading screen has been lying … D'OH!)

'Nuff said on this nonsense…

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

— Sterling Malory Archer

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
              +261 /59
              The person that run's the Atom community stuff eg Facebook/Twitter is a user from PS.com, Atom basically asked everyone if they wanted to community manager job and just picked one without any background checks.

The user runs a Home site, one with areas showing how to hack the PSN store and ranting about users, Atom had him remove the hacking page of his site. but the pages about Home users remain, so like i say it just goes to highlight why you don't just put the first person you find with no background in control of your online public image and make them basically a official member of the Home team.

It's plain silly, everything you say/do when your seen as official will be taken by many as official, you can not just tweet any random 'hot' subject, with what i guess the aim of that would be to get people using there Facebook page and twitter. With the comment on EU forums, its more likely Sony as asked them to remove it, than them taking it down their self.

• Like Like x 2
              • Baron_Brain

Baron_Brain Notorious Dis-Member
                Valued Member

Ratings:
                +21 /1
                Thanks CB!

Silly is right… or seriously irresponsible. Aside from a lack of hiring judgement, good to know Atom Republic hasn't turned evil. Just glad it was quickly rectified by the power that be.

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."
                — Sterling Malory Archer

• julie_love

julie_love Active Member

Ratings:
                +10 /0
                That article reads like a spam chain mail letter. There is no 'announcement' anywhere.

• drake21734

drake21734 Administrator

Ratings:
                +45 /11
                I wanna know what their source was. TMZ? lol

• julie_love

julie_love Active Member

Ratings:
                +10 /0
                Posting a rumor and then saying 'I dom't know if its true, judge for yourself' is a classic trolling technique. Not surprising considering the source. Hopefully Atomic Republic will be made aware of what their representative is up to.

• Like Like x 1
                • gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
                  +22 /11
                  My former room mates hamster says his rat friend had burrowed into ps3 home head office overheard the paper clip collectors temporary assistant say that home would definitely be on ps4 on February 31st 2014

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Verification:
                Draft saved Draft deleted