Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aurora War - Battle of the Atlantic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KCChad, Apr 12, 2011.

1. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Check out this upcoming event, a competition between regions ;D

www.aurorawar.com

2. kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +263 /52
    Nice! Wonder who is gonna be in the top spots consistantly? <looks at Chad> ;)

3. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Good find Chad. Always great to see any Developer introduce a new Event or Competition in the Home arena! ;D

Aurora War - Battle of the Atlantic, Apr 12, 2011, 5:00 PM, YourPSHome.net, 2261

4. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Lol, I'll see what I can do. It sounds fun so I'll give it my all, of course doing that and balancing out my schoolwork :( Of all the times to start this event up and its during my busiest weeks of the semester :mad:

5. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    You know it! :p

6. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    And so soon too, I'm surprised. :D

7. kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator

Ratings:
    +263 /52
    nDreams said they would be expanding the space. I think they are to be commended for what they are doing. Whetere or not you like the rewards, you are getting one at every five levels! Who else does that? Now this. I think it's great. And a bargain too! I hope it gets to be so popular that it forces other devs to take notice. :cool:

Aurora War - Battle of the Atlantic, kwoman32, Apr 12, 2011, 5:27 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, AuroraBattle.jpg

8. v_Trillian_v

v_Trillian_v Fun Lover

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Do you suppose you need the upgrades to be competitive in this competition? I know without them I'm not anywhere close to the numbers I see on the leaderboards every day.

If so, best of luck to KCC and the NA players! People like themichael, fabrizio and others from France and other EU countries who are my friends are sure to give you some serious compeition. Don't underestimate them!

USA! USA! USA!

Edit: Oops. Should of went to the link first and read. :eek: I highly doubt my daily scores will be in the top 50 percent.

But this has me thinking again. ;D For those who have the upgrades and who like to play the Aurora game in every region, well, won't they be helping those other regions? Or it all evens out at that point I suppose.

No country is penalised for having a smaller number of players, but certainly any region who has a larger number of players will have a larger number of players who play better. Not sure what they're trying to say is really true in the end. Should be interesting!

9. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    This war will be fight by Chad (NA) vs Chad (EU). LOL

Maybe we can bribe him to "fix" the outcome? if we could bet on the outcome, it Might be worth slipping a psn card under the table . :D

;D

10. Diamond_Dust

Diamond_Dust ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ Innocent ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    That's exactly what I was thinking... ;D

11. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Aurora wars will be starting soon.

A bit of friendly competition should be fun, of course I will be fully supporting #TeamEU :p, but good luck guys.

12. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Sounds like another The Game event between two teams again. lol

This time, it's nation against nation. ;)

Do we need to sign up? And where?

13. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    You just play the game Recca

14. v_Trillian_v

v_Trillian_v Fun Lover

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Interesting scores being put up at aurorawars.com. How about a big shout out to Finland! Leading all countries! The USA isn't even in the top 5 :( In fact Canada is beating the USA?! What's going on?! The madness! Well, on the bright side Canada is helping the USA to top Europe. So thank you Canadians!

ps I'm wondering if my low, non-upgrade-assisted scores are bringing both NA and EU down. Hard to just stop playing since I'd like to continue accumulating points for the goodies.

15. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yay! Go Canucks! :eek: As that Molson beer commercial quote goes, "I AM CANADIAN!"..lol..

16. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I think maybe those top countries don't have many players and the few there are must be really going for it, I'm quite surprised at the list, maybe they didn't figure it out very well how to do the scoring. Top 50% representing players for NA would be huge compared to a small country like Finland. Maybe they should have had a minimum number of players taking part in order to qualify.

17. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    NA has the most content. that draws people from other regions. They will usually use a fake USA address. But then they won't have alot of psn cash to spare. So maybe they haven't bought the Aurora booster items. Their Orb runner average scores won't be very high.

USA and UK might be heavily handicapped in this event. Japan and HK would be too if they had the games.

the other game wont be effected by that though. But the scores are combined with the orb runner. So USA is still screwed. ;D

18. flutterby83

flutterby83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    This is interesting... I'm not sure the scoring is perfect by any means but its not too bad. But most people just play til they get the 500 exp. and/or rewards... do they really care about the scores?

19. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I usually play the apt game till I get near 2000. Close is good enough. But I have no enhancements in Orbrunner. So about 500-600 points is my normal high score. (less than 200xp)

20. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    I ususally only play till i get 1600 on orb runner and 2000 on the island, so i can get the max 500xp for both games, but this week i've been trying to get the higher scores for the comp.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted