Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody own an Asian PS3? (Help with Hell points)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KCChad, Feb 25, 2011.

1. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    As most of you know, you can earn hell points in the Disgaea spaces in HK and JP (most currently now known as the Disgaea 4 Lounge), but unless your PS3 is manufactured in Asia, then you cannot spend what points you have earned, for it is bound by IP address.

Does anyone out there own an Asian made PS3? I'm hoping have someone log in as me under my account and spend what points I have on a few things I wanted from the shop.
    Hoping to do both regions but I only have points in JP right now, haven't really worked on HK just yet. I'll PM details and such if anyone is interested, and I'll make it worth your while as well. Just let me know, thanks :eek:

Also, I need to be able to trust you with my account info. Don't try anything funny, only reply if you're serious about helping me out.

2. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Is spending still restricted in the new space?

If it's the same, in order to use the hell points, you just need a Japan or Asia PS3. IP address is not a factor. Also the hell points is saved in the "Script Settings" file, so it becomes a bit of a hassle.

3. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    As far as I know, its still restricted. And I don't have access to a Japan or Asia PS3. As for the Script settings, I was told you could email your file to someone and upon loading up your account, they can simply upload the script file through a flash drive or something.

I was told it was as easy as having someone signing on your account and uploading that file after you had emailed them it or something. If it isn't that easy then I might as well not bother :S

4. DCS

DCS Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    well if it acts as pickories you can't use them on any other account it blocks you when u log into home. they would have to have ur id as well and then maybe the save file it could work...

if you know anyone then...

5. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oh I'm fully aware of that, I was thinking whomever can help could log into my account on that PS3, then I could email them a flashdrive with the Script Settings file they need with the points on it.

I was told it could work but seems like there aren't any takers :(

6. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    It's possible that there just aren't alot of asian ps3 owners looking at this thread.

If you do get a person to help you, one thing you might have a problem with is the folder names. It's not very intuitive to look at the file names on your usb. And your friend might have trouble putting the save data in the right place.

7. Vaio

Vaio Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I will help you guys if you want to try it. I may not be able to try for you until next week but hopefully sooner.

8. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    If you guys are doing that, let me know first how it turns out. I'm nearly at 1500 hell points to spend everything with the Prinny in JP Home, but need like 100 hell points to go. I'm not sure if it's the script settings or not that's the obstacle, but try it out.

9. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'm in no rush, so take your time. I appreciate you offering to help, thanks :D

10. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    It might help Vaio if you guys build up some Hells so you can get all the Disgaea items in as few trips as possible.

The mask you might not be interested in. But the shirts are actually cute if you can read it. One is "HA HA HA HA!", basically a laughing shirt. The other is "KANIMISO!" which is scream of CRAB BRAINS!!! Which is an odd delicacy. Yes, crab brain as food! But it's used as an attack in Disgaea.

View attachment 2613

11. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    If anything I want the Angel wings tee, the mask and those two shirts you mentioned for male. All those are only 750 points and on my JP account I have about 1000 points saved up. I'm tempted to go for 1500 for everything including female items, but I don't particularly need those :p Im only at 300 Hells on my HK but working towards at least 750 for now.

Lol Crab brains....

12. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Kanimiso is a digestive gland of crabs. Not brains.

13. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Yeah, you are right Faga, it's really crab guts. But in this case Disgaea translates it as Flonne's "Crab Brains, dood" attack.

Btw, I would be willing to bet it's because it's named after Sow Kanimiso who writes Disgaea stories. I love easter eggs. :D

14. Vaio

Vaio Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I should be able to try this weekend (3-5-11) to get the Hell Point rewards for those who would like them. Hopefully sending me your save file with your Hell Points will work as this would be the quickest way to get them for you.

If for some reason this does not work and you would still like to get the rewards this is what I can do for you.
    I will login with your account, earn the required Hell Points, and then simply get whatever items you wanted. It's really up to you guys so just let me know what you guys want to do. \\^_^//

15. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I just acquired 1500 Hell points EXACTLY in JP Home. I'm ready to get everything from there. That's all I ever wanted from it.

16. Montpelier

Montpelier Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    On a debug machine there is a hidden setting controlling how the PS3 reads the X and O inputs for each region. I imagine the Nippon Ichi spaces, being developed fairly early in Home's lifespan, are coded in a hacky way that has the inputs hard-coded for the Asian setting and none of the developers want to go back and rewrite the minigame scripts so it takes note of that setting.

It doesn't really make any sense to assume that one space, hosted on the same servers as every other space, in a piece of software that doesn't care where you are as long as you buy things, would deliberately lock out unauthorised users from getting free gift points that they then use to dress themselves up as walking adverts for the same company's products.

17. Vaio

Vaio Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    If you want to try to get the rewards this weekend just let me know and we'll try.

18. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    OH CRAP....

I just noticed something new in the revamped lounge....

It can track how many Hell pts you have now versus how much you had when you last time you were in that lounge. And if there's a discrepancy it sets your Hell pts to ZERO!!!! It just happened to me. I bounce between two ps3's and one ps3 didn't have the same number of Hell pts. So it reset me to zero!!!

^^;;

Now it's possible for you guys to still do this (I think), but easy to screw up too!

19. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    FF,
    Isn't that because the other PS3 didn't have the same scripting file? The data for the hell points should be stored there, so when you tried to check the other one, it didn't have that data, so came out to be 0.

Unless, they changed the method.

20. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Maybe...I hope your right... I'll check...

grrrr.... uploaded my save files with 1500 Hell points. Uploaded both Scripts and Settings to be safe. Started Home and went into Disgea4 lounge. And got a message on my screen:

"The amount of Hell does not match with the amount available when it ended last time. The amount of Hell will be set to 0."

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted