Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessory Question - PS3 Headphones?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KCChad, May 27, 2011.

1. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Just saw on the blog an article about a new official wireless stereo headset coming out in September for the PS3 and it got me wondering, aside from the bluetooth headset, are there other pairs of headphones/headsets out there in which I can use to hear my game through so I don't disturb others with my late night gaming? Preferably wireless but I would be alright with wired as a last choice.

Any feedback whether it be word of mouth or if you have an recommendations, thanks :)

Here's the blogpost I mentioned btw, a pair of headphones similar to these would be perfect.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/27/new-official-wireless-stereo-headset-coming-for-ps3/

2. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
  3. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I don't mind as long as they work well. I tend to game late and I get complaints about it, on top of that my PS3 can get loud at times so headphones will drown out that sound. I might go hunt later tonight at BestBuy and see what they have.

4. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    I edited my last post check those two links. those companies are popular with gaming headsets.

5. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hmm, not familiar with the Tritton brand, but I have bought some Logitech gear before, including my keyboard which I bought about a year and a half ago and still works to this day. It is a bit pricey, but I'll take a look tonight. Thanks :p

6. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    Like I said most headsets like that are expensive. Lucky your not trying to get a pair of Dr Dre BEATS those are sometimes 1k and aren't even for gaming.

7. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Lol...uh...nooooo thanks...:p

8. avilesc

avilesc 8Bit Gamer

Ratings:
    +3 /1
    Same here I rather spend that money on something more useful or buy a low cost headphone set PLUS have money left for games. I use the new Sony PS3 Bluetooth. It wont put all the sound in your ear but at leas I can chat. Now that I think of it I could probably just hook a pair of headphones to my surround sound.

9. teriyaki_soba

teriyaki_soba Sandwich~

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    That's a pretty sweet headset. Grr...I went from the first Sony's Bluetooth and upgraded to their newer bluetooth. May have to again trade up for a headset since a bluetooth isn't that great for me in terms or comfort.

10. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Am interested with the September release of the wireless SONY virtual 7.1 surround headset with boom mic for the PS3. Since I already have existing official PS3 bluetooth headset for chat and in-game use at the moment, I wouldn't mind invest into this new headset for late night gaming so I can output the sound via headset VS from TV and a boom mic to boot for chat. Mean while I also got another official SONY headset for the PS3 and mainly use it for watching Blu-ray movie, but it was promoted in Japan when Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots releases.

Currently own official headset
    - SONY PS3 Bluetooth headset
    - SONY MDR-DS7100 7.1 Channel Digital Surround Wireless Headphones System

Future purchase and testing
    - SONY PS3 Virtual 7.1 gaming headset (official press details)

As well in Japan officially announce a new SONY PS3 bluetooth keyboard VS the controller thumb pad keyboard. Am looking forward to that new bluetooth keyboard for testing in the near future to replace if not as a second keyboard to substitute my current Logitech MediaBoard Pro.

11. teriyaki_soba

teriyaki_soba Sandwich~

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Sweet Bluetooth keyboard. I wouldn't mind upgrading from the controller thumb pad keyboard which I currently use. Touch typing on that is hard not to mention typing fast on it is hard to do, least for me.

12. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    for a keyboard I got the Apple keyboard. The older apple keyboard worked so-so with ps3. But the new one is PERFECT. it's soooo small and light. Works perfectly with ps3. Looks great. Light as a feather. powersave.

Accessory Question - PS3 Headphones?, Firefly, Jun 19, 2011, 12:37 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, apple-keyboard.jpg

Chad, I think most any wireless headphones would work. Just hook the headphone base up to the rca jacks out the composite connector. And there you go. Btw, what kind of connector is your tv hooked up with? HDMI? COmposite? component?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted