Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$50 PSN Code with Credit Card application

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Firefly, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Hey guys. you might have seen a sign in NA Home advertising a $50 PSN code for applying for a credit card.

This is something I did years ago. It's legit of course. But there are a few snags. When I did it, I had to jump through a few hoops to get my money. Had to sign up for the credit card. Then sign up with another website that handles promotions for sony. Then had to submit PROOF that I did have a card and I did make a purchase that fullfilled the requirements of the deal. Why this wasn't done automatically? IDK. But it took awhile to get it all verified. And THEN I got my credit.

I just thought I might mention it. It might be a hassle for you if they didn't fix the process since I did it.

BTW, this Playstation Credit card.... It was the card I USED TO use with psn purchases. BUT on christmas eve, PSN screwed up my purchase. They labeled the transaction as FRAUDULENT by mistake. Even though I was never late with a payment and my card was in excellent standing. And even though it said PLAYSTATION on the card, Sony still chose to label me a thief and PERMANENTLY BANNED EVERY SINGLE account I had on the PSN. IN EVERY REGION. AND THEY PERMABANNED THE PS3 MACHINE.

ON CHRISTMAS EVE!

Took weeks to get that fixed. And even since, I had problems with PSN rejecting that card. Talked to the credit card company, and they said I'm in great standing. They said they never denied my transactions. It's on Sony's side. Sony of course says it's not their fault. So I gave up. I don't use that card no more.

2. Mika40

Mika40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Ahh ha thanks for the info FF:)

3. Apollo_Decertus

Apollo_Decertus Holder of the Sun

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Well now I'm not going to get it.

4. HeavensLightfire

Ratings:
    +2 /1
    Ill get it, or not ;D

5. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I think $50 is worth the trouble. But that program is put together about as well as the internet browser on the ps3. Yeah, it works. Yeah, you can get the info you want. But is it easy to use?.....

6. HeavensLightfire

Ratings:
    +2 /1
    It might be easy, hopefully it is.

7. Apollo_Decertus

Apollo_Decertus Holder of the Sun

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    The thing that worried me is when you said they marked your purchase as fraudulent, when obviously it wasn't and banned your accounts. I mean spontaneously and you had to go through all that to make sure they reevaluated your claim. It shouldn't have happened in the first place, and personally see it as an evasion from the hassle of even bothering. Given, it's not always the case for everyone and it could've been a rare occurrence, but Sony has had a history of not maintaining their act (PSN being hacked), as well as some minor personal incidents. They need to start taking more responsibility and accountability for this and other unreliable services.

To the people who want to go ahead and try this, I say go for it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted